Name Validation And Cross Play

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ninetails New Player

The world is down again :(
  2. Phobeo New Player

So will this mean that players will be able to access the same account from both the PS network or a PC? Seems like that is a logical jump.
  3. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

No. SOE Post Tracker is your friend.
  4. akaivy Dedicated Player

Well, I missed something. What happened on PS this weekend?
  5. Zizzix New Player

They had a similar problem in the comics. They solved it by making "Infinite Earths". Why not make the PS and PC different "earths", and if two characters with the same name are in the same place, you mention which "earth" they're from to differentiate them?
    • Like x 2
  6. Mordiez New Player

theres a guy going around stealing accounts on ps
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if you like living on commission and never making any money then you go for it. I have never bought a new car and never will no will i over spend on anything. so good luck with that ;)
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

Off topic, but it's worth mentioning that salesmen make far more money off used vehicles than new. Far more. ;)
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Wow. I didn't know any of that. I'm really glad I asked, now, even though it had nothing to do with the thread's topic. Thank you for responding.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

not when its from a individual and not a retailer i never buy off a lot either:p
    • Like x 1
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i could have told you that joe.. [IMG]
  12. La Shark Dedicated Player

WHat Mordiez said, "guy going around stealing ps accounts."

He was on a roll, and even calling out his next victims. Any how, thats it. Oh, and he goes by the name Lottery DCUO if you want to check it out on youtube.
  13. Dr Blastwave Well-Known Player

So would this make DCUO THE FIRST cross platform, shared server, open world game?! My dream of seeing a cross platform Playstation, XBox, PC shared server game is one step closer!!!!!!
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

I'm so jelly at the EUPC economy. I wonder how the devs will handle EUPC and EUPS economy.
  15. MrHoiPolloi Well-Known Player

Legendary status should count for something in this. I'm not talking about uninterrupted legendary status, just legendary at the time this is implemented. Sort of like the early access to a dlc or other special offers tied to a legendary subscription.
  16. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

i was just wondering what if someone on eups and eupc, or usps and uspc have the same name will one person have to change their name?
    • Like x 1
  17. Endorsed New Player

Most likely unless dcuo changes their policy on "Caps".
  18. La Shark Dedicated Player

No this isn't the first cross plat form game.

Strangely, this week xbox 1 announced Fabled Legends is going to be cross play with pc windows 10.
  19. DrLobo New Player

(PC)Lobo. (PS)Lobo. There name crisis adverted.
  20. FiveByFive New Player

you guys have been telling us for years that a PS Test server or Crossplay aren't possible b/c of the bureaucracy getting SCEA and PSN to work together.

also, there's nothing in the announcement to indicate that this is coming soon at all. usually you guys tack "soon" all over the place in your announcements so it sounds like this is pretty far down the pipeline still, or not a guaranteed thing.

CrossPlay is not a heavily requested feature at all. players bring it up a few times a year at best. so i have to wonder "what changed?"

considering the above, i have some questions:
    1. why are you guys able to make this happen after 4+ years?
    2. is the sudden push related to the population decline we've all noticed?
    3. have the parties involved changed or are they changing (making this suddenly a possibility)?
    4. realistically how likely is this merge to happen?
    5. and what is the goal timeline for it? if there's even one...
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.