Mac Version PLEASE?

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by Infamous Max, May 27, 2013.

1. Infamous Max Active Player

I would love to play DCUO on the mac. Macs are so much more portable, graphic orientated, and vastly advertised.
    Bootlag sucks, because the game becomes extremely lagging and unplayable.
    I strongly believe that if there was a Mac version of this game there will be many more players playing in. I feel like this game could use more players. Just saying.
    Playing it on my PC sucks because it's not portable.

PLEASE? Mac version soon?
  2. petvpets New Player

Not to mention the mac is also way over priced for what it is, I can get 2 kick a$$ pc laptops that are far more powerful and portable for the price of 1 crapbook. And thats the key isnt it you want a laptop.

If you MUST play DCUO on it, use bootcamp
  3. Infamous Max Active Player

bootcamp sucks, the game is laggy on it. its no fun.
  4. petvpets New Player

well, I am sorry to say I agree with you macs suck
  5. Infamous Max Active Player

I love my Mac, people who own Macs love 'em. People who don't own a Mac, hate them.
    This thread is not about hating or loving Mac. For $14.99 a month there should be a Mac version for this game.
    DC Universe and Apple products just go hand and hand.
    Make it happen, kay, thanks.
    • Like x 1
  6. Chungweishan New Player

I fail to see how a Mac is more portable and graphic orientated than a PC. The higher-end Macbooks use Intel i7s with Nvidia GT650m graphics cards, which I could get with a PC laptop for half the price. Heck, you could get a low-end PC Laptop for around $400 (or less) and still play this game.

Anyways, I quickly Google'd Bootcamp for some solutions about the performance:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2778179?start=0&tstart=0
    Maybe this might help the lag.
    • Like x 1
  7. Chungweishan New Player

By the way, considering it's a SONY Online Entertainment game (and Sony makes PCs). Hand [in] hand? Not really. Sony laptops are also overpriced.
  8. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

I'll be happy to escalate the suggestion to the appropriate team/ Although there are no guarantees of it, it's always worth posting. Thanks again!
  9. MxA ManOfSteel New Player

Will it ever come out on Mac. I've tried everything bootcamp, and code weavers. None of them work it makes the game lag a lot. And, what are the reasons that it an't be on Mac if possible.
  10. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

We dont have any information regarding a Mac release, so it may never happen as far as we know. Your best bet would be to check back with us every so often for updates.

Unfortunately as we are not developers we do not have specific information as to why it has not been done yet. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  11. LukeTehBest9 New Player

If You want DC Universe Online For mac Go to portingteam.com Look for SouthTuna's Wrapper Download and then install it and play
  12. LukeTehBest9 New Player

No Bootcamp Just Download and Install then play
  13. Angry Vic New Player

Well... I have played DCUO on my 2012 macbook pro for a long time using bootcamp. And I have no lag at all. There must be something you are not doing right. If you start browsing the web from your windows partition is gonna get full of crap and viruses will damage your drive. I learned the lesson the hard way. Now I just use the partition exclusively for DCUO. You can try to install it through a program called CrossOver which runs various windows' apps from Mac's OS (DCUO included)... but to be honest the best way to go is bootcamp. It is a pain in the *** to have to make a partition but thats what you get when the people Handling the Apple business just want to stay as exclusive as possible. Don't get me wrong I love macs but in some cases I wish I had a PC. I love PCs too
  14. Barlow Blackhall New Player

And....Marvel has a Mac version. And there are plenty of players. I am a DC fan and used to play on my PS3. Would love a Mac version!
  15. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

It's 2016 and they're still using 30 fps cap on Vsync, i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you.
    • Like x 1
  16. zor ile Well-Known Player

you can mount it and do it that way. there is more to it than that,just youtube it there is a video on it
  17. Yui Loyal Player

[IMG]
  18. tathen New Player

lol mac uses ranked lower then console plebs how does that make you feel mac users
  19. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Even Steam OS or other Linux systems are more likely than Mac...