Loot System, go away!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. April Fool New Player

There was such an easy way to fix this and they complicated the hell out of it, let me simplify the loot process to where it would work #1 you can only lot what role your on for what you que as. for instance healers can only hit need on healer AND TO CLARIFY a sorcery DPS is NOT A HEALER hes a DPS! so he will only be able to hit greed on it. the main problem with the loot system the way it is, is that everyone can hit need on DPS gear, and any DPS can hit need on their powers alter "class" or what ever you want to call it (ice dps taking tank gear when they clearly went DPS to the raid, and stole the gear that tank just worked for what right do they have to that gear?) that was the problem. This new loot system is just unnecessary,
    • Like x 2
  2. surge914 New Player

So your headline is to blame the loot system and yet only one paragraph explains that you hate it though not a good one and the rest is off topic. "you'll actually want a chance to get something you need" you mean I don't already get the chance to get something I need? cause last time I remember I do. Your saying you rather role against people that may ninja loot you or someone else may need it too... yea your chances are much better than before not too mention only 1 gear dropped before for 8 people to roll on compared to everyone getting something. I think the problem is still with loot tables.

I actually don't mind the two types of plans. I just wish the exp plans we want like mods or sodas were in the raids and the rest of consumables that no one wants were in the alerts that way the loot tables would be a little nicer.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nawtae Well-Known Player

Loot system is fine now. Leave it alone devs and people need to stop QQing about their role not dropping. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  4. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

You're one to talk about QQing.... :rolleyes:
    Anyways, it's quite obvious I'm not the only one who disagrees with it, Nawtae. Instead of making a completely new system, the previous one could've been fixed. Yeah, I am complain about not getting the piece I deserve because it's my damn piece. Sorry, if you enjoy respeccing powers because you received more off role gear than you did for your main role, I don't enjoy doing that, but like I said before, I don't find interest in T5 raids anymore. Some of my toons are already eligible for T6 and frankly I don't plan on wasting anymore time hunting for gear that is soon to be worthless other than for style.
  5. Black House New Player

This new loot system or "the ninja charter" is a reward for all those who demanded the right to roll NEED on all they saw, now you can get everything that is availble, what you cannot do however is progress yourself or your league via communication and co-operation..
    Leagues are dead...long live the PUG LIFE*

*The PUG LIFE is not for me I'll stick to my league and endure the awfull overstuffed t5 loot table, support Ms Bailey and hope the devs can work out a system that rewards co-operative and inclusive play rather than selfish hoading and myopic me first ism.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

i am not one of those ppl.. i get stuff for all roles.. incl. dps and troller (i'm troller/ mediocre dps lol) - the rest i salvage.. in the old system id never get them because they'd be ninjaed or id be outrolled.. and i run with pugs and league and it works for both runs just fine.. just my 2 cents.. but i think its about luck just as the old one was about luck too..
  7. Dene Devoted Player

they are resetting because the game was designed not to give you all the gear you need in 5 runs

and do you honestly think that if only healer gear dropped for you that they just wouldn't make it so, e.g. shoulder were crazy rare but hands were every second time.. of course they would
    • Like x 1
  8. hereo100 New Player

the loot system is dum.. why iv ran paradox and got 88 hand blasters 10 time.. ran nexus got 87 tank legs 9 times... even when i reset suing replays.. the loot system needs to change.... now cause most of my league and friends never come on anymore.. guess what soe u are loosing money so do something about it
  9. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

They're losing money and players. This must be an awesome way to start the release of PS4.
  10. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

This link goes to a peer reviewed scholarly article. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00292648#page-1
    The basic premise is that people who expect something are only a little satisfied when getting that something, are not satsified when getting nothing, and are dissatisfied when recieving something other than what they expected.

It also outlines (1) the fact that practical benefits do not influence happiness or satisfaction and (2) that people would rather have long periods of suffering with a small final reward than to have long periods of comfort with a little reward at the end.

For what it's worth, I'm pragmatic.
    In the old loot system I would play for days without seeing anything I could use or picking up a single piece of gear. And then when I did see something useful, I had to "need roll" against 7 other DPS eligible players.
    In the new system, I get salvageable gear from every boss. And when useful gear drops, it's mine. No questions asked.
    Something over nothing, ALWAYS.

Too bad your product has to cater to the demands of the customer base. Interesting that your customers would rather "feel good" than have something that's in their best interest. Of the 7 most profitable american companies, the only one that isn't trying to kill you with comfort is a company that sells things to babies. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/america’s-most-profitable-products-183025482.html
    So eventually you have to go back to the old loot system. It's what we all want, interntally;to suffer our way to satisfaction.
  11. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

The many older forum posts suggest otherwise. The problem, previously, was that people didn't want to walk out of raids empty handed and they didn't want to compete with other people for gear they had earned through hours of gameplay.
    The problem now is that people don't want gear that isn't for their role. After you've completed the salvage feats, wrong-role loot has no value. So now we are filling our inventory with gear that has diminishing or no value to us.

Obviously always giving us what we want/need is wrong. The game would get boring much too quickly. However, maybe a solution is finding a way to add value to the drops after we've hit our salvage feat...which I am now able to hit much, much faster (Thank you Devs!)
    • Like x 1
  12. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

What if I'm a DPS/Troll but mainly a DPS and I'm running Paradox with my league, but one of the Controllers isn't online and I have to fill in for him by running the raid as a Controller. Then a DPS piece drops that I have been searching for, for months and have to lose out on it because I was covering for a team mate?
  14. Black House New Player

Yeah not really an argument seeing as you are running with your league, you being an intellegent fellow would no doubt had expalined that you would like the piece BEFOREHAND and your league mates respecting your contribution and sacrifice would no doubt pass to allow you to GREED and get it. communication and co-operation is the key.

15. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

Would you be happy if the off-role gear that drops had greater value to you? What could be added to the game that would make it worthwhile to get off role gear? Also, out of sheer curiousity, did you prefer the Mark system that required you to repeat a raid hundreds of times to get full gear? If so, I'm interested in knowing why.
  16. Jax Prime New Player

Then that would limit how the game was designed. As annoying as it is that we are not our own role, if we were, it would really limit how people play the game. Some people enjoy switching around at no cost and being able to solo content on a whim is quite fun.

The only way this could change is if to switch Roles you would need marks or some sort of proper respeccing and you could not do it in an Instance.

Again, with the way the game is laid out, changing one thing will affect the other and people will be dissatisfied.
  17. Jax Prime New Player

The chances of something useful dropping in the old system (especially in end content) was slim. People could run say, Nexus or Paradox and not a single 87 or Plan would drop. And if it did, there would be arguments and people insulting each other over who gets what. The 1/8 chance is actually being very generous. Ive gone through Nexus twice without a single DPS gear dropping, not a single one and the only things that were dropping were Healer or Tank. So that means the rest of the group gets nothing.

Now this loot system, even if you do not get something you need, you are atleast guaranteed something for your efforts. That is satisfactory, not the best but satisfactory and roles closely with the traditional RPG setup. You dont always have to have your way.
  18. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

While this seems true, keep in mind the systems are different (You may argue better.)

Borderlands is a pay for content service, not a free to play service. The Borderlands Devs don't benefit from players repeating content, they benefit from players buying new content to do more of the same. They want to make it as easy as possible to get the best weapons and mods without making the game too easy. And if you're a hardcore Borderlands player, you know that part of the fun is getting to a point where you and your friends chew through the NPCs with almost zero effort, like a chainsaw through soft butter. It's fun and messy and not nearly as profitable as DCUO.

Diablo offsets your ability to trade gear by making the drops much, much more rare and by having a lot more gear available, but with only incrementally better stats. This would be the equivalent of not being able to ump from CR70 to CR84, but instead having to collect gear that is CR 71, then 72, 73...and so one, sequentially, until you finally start seeing the higher level stuff drop.

And as a matter of prefence towards DCUO and away from Diablo, I'd rather grind for gear, knowing that I'll get the reward at the end, than know that the only way to get the gear I need is to make a deal with some dick who won't trade it for anything less than my soul, my child, half my house, and a date with my sister, and indisputable proof that god exists. (Bad experience. Total opinion bias. Please don't take it personally)
    • Like x 1
  19. Jax Prime New Player

I say good riddance. The same threats came throughout the whole 2 1/2 years I have been playing this game. Leagues quitting because they believe they are entittled to more as Legendary memebers or inpatient people wanting everything handed to them and once they get everything they cry about the game lacking content (when they abused RB to kingdom come) and then... you guessed it, threaten to quit.

Anyone who is going to say, I quit coz i got 3 Handblasters in Paradox in a row should really pack up and leave without saying goodbye. We do not need people who want to get spoon-fed or believe they are entitled to receiving amazing rewards simply because they are a paying customer, its people like these who end up creating all these ridiculous CR requirements so that they can get their sweeties quicker.

What does that have to do with the new loot system? People still expect to get great items simply because they have personal loot. That is absurd and I would spit on SoE if that ever was the case. Being guaranteed or having a very high chance of getting something you need and want completely kills the challenge of trying to get those things. You know that say out of 10 runs, you have 7 chances of getting a Troll 88 something, sure you will be excited to try and get it but once you work out the probabilities, the challenge and surprise quickly fade away and you get bored and... You quit or threaten to quit.
  20. cdicke2 Well-Known Player

If you believe that is true, please check out my league. Also, if you believe that is true, please do not apply :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.