Known Issue: Mail

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi all,

Currently, it is not possible to send mail with attachments to any player that has not logged in since the last daily server restart. If you attempt to send mail to a player that has not logged in, you will see an error message and the mail will not send. Additionally, any items that had been attached to that mail will not save correctly and will disappear the next time you log out.

We are working today to resolve both the issue of mail not sending properly and the issue of the attached items disappearing. Items that have been lost will be restored once the problem is resolved, most likely some time next week. You do not need to open a support ticket.

For now, please refrain from sending mail with attachments unless you know that player has been online since the last daily server restart.

Thank you for your patience, and we'll get the issue resolved as soon as possible.
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What if you put something up for sell and it don't?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Broker mail is not impacted by this issue.
  4. Mathalos Well-Known Player

They have had to login since the last restart everyday until it's fixed? Meaning if I want to send a mail tomorrow, they have had to login after tomorrow morning's restart or is it just since this morning's restart?
  5. Kzinti Committed Player

And the player you are trying to send mail to has to have logged that day also
  6. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Does this effect character or account? What I mean is, obviously I logged in on my account, so can I send to my alts? Or do I need to login to an alt, then off again, before I send?
  7. GryphonScream New Player

Yes, I realized there was something going on Thursday, after I tried mailing exobytes stacks over to my friend for my mail simply would not go through! Later I logged back in realizing that those bytes were no longer in my inventory, thinking that the buytes must've somehow actually been mailed. After my friend confirmed to me that he did not receive any mail, I started thinking either I was trippin' or my account got hacked! Talk about frustration and confusion!

Mepps, please add the message you posted here in the forums as a world message when logging into the game, thanks!
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We expect the error to be resolved after Sunday morning server restarts (see hotfix notes). We will work to restore any missing items this week.
    • Like x 1
  9. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

It's in relation to the account you are on. Once you log into one you can send to your alts or anyone can send to you. However if you have an alt account, you will not be able to send to any toons on that account until after you log into it.
    At first it was just that you could not send the attachments. Then they started to disappear.
    Hopefully the fix Mepps talked about above will work since the one this morning did not fix it as intended.
  10. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

11. Ghoul Well-Known Player

hope to get this fix asap
  12. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

well ok then
  13. Plastic.dcuo New Player

What about the items lost this way? As far as I know, I've lost a scrying bowl, small tusk and wall-mounted monitor this way?
  14. Phill Committed Player

PC player
    I am still getting message. Cannot sent mail cross platform to other PC players. I tried it again earlier this morning. I can send attachments to other characters on account but when I try to send to others not on account. This is when I cannot send mail and I get this.....Cannot sent mail cross platform.
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

is the mail fixed yet? i need to send some cash to my main from 1 of my alts but i don't want to risk losing it so i need to know if its safe to send mail yet
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You won't lose items. You won't be able to send mail, though, until that person has logged in after the last daily restart. We are still working on that fix.
    • Like x 1
  17. XDreadpoolx New Player

I have an off topic question, and I apologize for posting here, but I've been unable to find the answer elsewhere. I'm unable to post responses on any of the main pages. I'm new, is this a standard restriction? I signed up to the forum weeks ago.
    Again apologies for posting here.
  18. Ghoul Well-Known Player

ughhh not this agn ??
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

It looks like currently I can't send mails anymore to ANY chars, which are not part of my account.

So fortunatelly I can still send cash and stuff to my alts and mules, but unfortunatelly not anymore to my friends and leaguemates.
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Ok so this is the bug. I have to actually log in to fix it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.