It's no trick! It's time for Daybreak Halloween!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

Ghosts and goblins, pumpkins and poltergeists, bats and broomsticks… it’s Halloween time here at Daybreak! We’ve got special themed in-game activities, new Marketplace treats, and a chance to win some Daybreak Cash – no tricks!

Daybreak Halloween Promotion: $25 Daybreak Cash Card Giveaway!

[IMG]

New Daybreak game cards will be hitting the shelves of U.S. retailers this month, and we want to give some away! We’ll randomly select ten (10) winners to each receive a $25 Daybreak Cash Card. Here’s what you need to do:
    1. Take a Halloween-themed screenshot or create a Halloween-themed video of your character in any Daybreak game enjoying this year’s events/items/in-game NPCs and decorations.
    2. Submit your entry. You have two options for submitting:
    • Upload to the official Daybreak Halloween Promotion site here.
    • Follow @DaybreakGames on Twitter and tweet your entries using the hashtag#DaybreakHalloweenPromo. You MUST be following @DaybreakGames, and include the channel AND the hashtag for your entry to be valid.

Already have the perfect submission? You can submit starting NOW! Not quite in the Halloween spirit yet? That’s okay – you have until Monday, November 2 at 12:00PM PST* to get your submissions in!

*convert to your local time

For full rules and restrictions, visit this site .

Please note: Daybreak Cash is usable in any Daybreak Games PC Title. Daybreak Cash cannot be used on the PS3 or PS4.

In-Game Events & Items on Sale

[IMG]

The Witching Hour returns to DC Universe Online today (October 1 at 4:00PM). Featuring new base items, feats, styles, and a new title, this in-game event allows you to earn special in-game currency called Spooky Bites, which you can use in Skeet’s Boo-tique for tricks, treats, and creepy items for your base or guild hall.

The Halloween fun has already begun in PlanetSide 2 with Nanite of the Living Dead. These pumpkin spawns will be available until November 10, so make sure you start harvesting those seeds so you can get your hands on special Halloween helmets! There are additional helmets, camos, and weapons available in the Depot.

Though it’s always a bit scary to be wandering around in H1Z1, this year the horror will be amped up even more! Stay tuned for complete details about what that means, but in the meantime (if you dare) head into Survival Mode and/or Hardcore Battle Royale and see just how many zombies you can find!

EverQuest introduced new scary, spooky items into the Marketplace today, including items created by Player Studio artists. These items will get you in the spirit before the Nights of the Dead, the returning annual event where you can check in with special festive merchants in the starting cities and find seasonal Heroes’ Forge armor dropping across the world! Nights of the Dead in EQ begins in-game on October 28th.

In EverQuest II, the Marketplace is getting ready for Nights of the Dead! New items are available beginning October 1, and the event will return to Norrath on October 8th. The annual event will feature new illusions, rewards, and a new recipe book for tradeskillers. There are also returning favorite quests and earnable achievements from previous years.

Over in Landmark, new props and materials will be added to the game in the middle of October to allow builders to get ready for a special Halloween Build-A-Thon and in-game party! Be on the lookout for Halloween Island, a special location just for themed builds. More information about the in-game party will be available later in October.

So get ready to celebrate the tricks and treats of 2015! Happy Halloween!
    • Like x 4
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I see in the picture that the cards say "Use Daybreak Cash in all Daybreak PC Titles." Does this mean PS players need not enter as we won't be able to use it? Or, will PS customers get PSN cards instead?
  3. Dexella Communications Manager

The only prizes we'll be distributing are the cards for the PC (Daybreak Cash). They're usable in all Daybreak Games on PC, so if you're playing something besides DCUO that way (EQ, H1Z1), you can use them for that. There won't be any PSN-specific equivalent, though. Your call on whether or not this means you want to enter!
    • Like x 1
  4. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

Thanks for the info :)
  5. Ken Spartan Committed Player

Hey, do you guys think we could do a new event next year? I mean, we've been playing the same content for the past 4-5 years now, it's getting pretty dull. Maybe we could face a new threat in the form of Faust's zombies, the Black Lanterns, Frankenstein, Vampire Batman, or maybe even a version of the Justice League that has been turned into various monsters?
    • Like x 1
  6. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Only in the US ???

There are players from other parts of the world too.
    • Like x 2
  7. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Now, my question is, does the costume have to be Halloween-themed (pumpkins or skeletons, ect) o can it be any? I have a great shot of my character as the Bat-Lantern from Batman: In Darkest Knight (the Elseworlds one-shot)
  8. Dexella Communications Manager

The image needs to evoke a feeling of Halloween. Pumpkins not required, but at a glance, we should look and say "Okay, that's Halloween-y." If it's just any old screenshot/video, it will not be approved.
  9. niteravn Active Player

Are these cards good for membership or daybreak cash only?
  10. The Horn'd One Well-Known Player

Thanks!
  11. Pults Loyal Player

Are cropped gifs acceptable? Last time my submission was removed. :(
  12. Dexella Communications Manager

I'm not sure if the system will allow for .GIFs, which may be why it was removed (if it just showed as a broken link and we couldn't see it, for example). Can you do it as a video file instead? If you try to upload it and it's removed again, you should be able to submit a second entry. If not, let us know and we'll look into it.
  13. Dexella Communications Manager

We'll have more info about this soon, but yes, they will be usable for All Access membership (PC only).
  14. L T Devoted Player

Will there be a different card sold by walmart with the 500 station cash bonus like there used to be?
  15. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

When these hit stores, how many different card amounts will there be?
  16. Dexella Communications Manager

More info will be available soon. Nothing more to say just yet, but thanks for your questions!
    • Like x 1
  17. Dexella Communications Manager

18. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

I can't submit my image. You ask me for my "state" but my country only has cities, nothing more than that.

Dafuq do I do now ?
  19. NicoFilippo Level 30

Speaking of tricks... Is there DC Universe April Fools Ingame event?
  20. Anomaly New Player

Soo, when are they announcing winners? Did they cancel the whole thing? Kinda curious o_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.