is rage mean't to be competitive at all?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jacob Dragonhunter, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I just read Frenzy got nerfed.. when it wasn't keeping up in the first place. And now mental got another buff.

You devs say rage is supposed to be a melee based power, yet melee got adjusted somewhat
    What's going to happen to rage now?
    I'm really curious about this as I have two tier 6 rage toons that been collecting dust due to how the dps side is.
    • Like x 3
  2. Grumpy Dedicated Player

Its funny how they find the time to "fix" an already broken power like Rage but no time to "fix" powers like Ice.
    Believe it or not, I've been laughing at this ever since I read it 15 minutes ago. :D:D:D
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Yea that's crazy
  4. Ichiro Loyal Player

Wow, good thing I don't use frenzy. They should change the constructs from weapons to pillows and marshmallows when we attack.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How was rage as you put it broken? It's not been competitive in ages now,
    The only time it's shown competitive, it gets adjusted.
    And the sad thing is: testers weren't doing anything wrong, they were comparing apples to apples as the devs call it. Rage melee vs ice melee.
  6. WildcatHunter Committed Player

Be prepared to be ignored some powers don't merit attention mental was the winner in the sorc/earth gu and looks like its going to be the winner in the rage gu as well. It's all a cash grab but I refuse to change powers maybe I will get mine eventually.
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Woah, I never said I was gonna respec my power XD.
    I'll probably just go on one of my alts.
    My main complaint about rage, is not the Damage out for range. It's just it has no real variety in ranged situations.
    And this whole thing confuses me despite being a cash grab as you call it.
    Rage didn't get a proper treatment in gu 46. And devs told us repeatively it was going to be a melee power, but if that's the case. why nerf a melee-based ability?
    I heard you could mid ranged with This power, but All they needed to do was take away the range. Not nerf the dmg.
  8. Sore Steadfast Player

I saw it coming based on how Rage was performing in Tunso Tests (see above). I'm thinking we now need a new Tunso Test and Live Test to see where it landed. I'll be making a Call for Testing in the other thread.
    • Like x 3
  9. Grumpy Dedicated Player

I meant broken as in way too underpowered compared to Ice. I was laughing at the Frenzy "fix" announcement, not at your thread. :)
  10. judgeday1904 Well-Known Player

I still keep saying that rage have no love from the DEVS.
    Rage is getting way behind.
    And the other just dont keep tell me about melee. How melee is a solution when you cant do it in some of the content.
    Doing melee in some thats the same as death.
    If the Devs dont want to give a real look into rage just say.
    Because so far i didnt see anything good about the changes of Rage.
    I know some of you will come and say that rage is good. You have your opinion but in reality is just a simple lie.
    We keep getting less Rage people for a reason.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Its sad too because Rage really needs an update. But I think devs are just delaying it so they can keep the endless power cycle update and FOTM chase going.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

We know that the devs are balancing for melee and range. In those categories, Rage got some love. Pre-GU51 it was pretty darn weak. I need new tests for Rage to see where we are now. But otherwise, you're complaint seems to stem from MIDRANGE performance. We already know MIDRANGE is not going to be something getting any love until the devs decide how they're going to address it. If we go into any of the near-term updates expecting to happy about MIDRANGE, we're just setting ourselves up for disappointment. We've got to be aware that MELEE and RANGE are the immediate focus in these updates. We have to hold tight on MIDRANGE feedback for the moment.
    • Like x 3
  13. WildcatHunter Committed Player

if you walk in to ngn at required cr you cant even melee the adds melee is not a solution for rage unless they rework the powerset to include health buffs similar to the tanking side. people who tell you to melee with rage are the same ones who suffer not dps loss between melee and a safer mid range. i better not say that to loud though cause midrange doesnt exist it might hear me.
  14. Jak-Man Committed Player

Wow. I don't think anyone even uses Frenzy, at least I don't.
  15. Sore Steadfast Player

Rage was doing 113% of baseline melee damage in Tunso Tests prior (above the 105% top end threshold) and I suspect that was Frenzy driven. I don't play Rage so take my words with a grain of salt. But I read all 3 pages of this thread and I got the sense that Frenzy may have been the cause of that result. After the Frenzy nerf, tests for Rage dropped to 98% of baseline. That's above the 95% minimum threshold.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jak-Man Committed Player

So they felt that Frenzy was doing too much damage, which caused Frenzy to get nerfed?
  17. chaotic3430 Committed Player

Rage is great for tanking and PVP, not so much for DPS PVE though.
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I don't understand the details. I think the overall result of a particular loadout/rotation was doing too much damage per what is obvious to us all from the testing results being shared publicly. The solution to that wasn't based on solely whether one power was doing too much damage as a single power outside of the context of the full loadout/rotation. It also involved thinking through the cascading effects of nerfing certain powers, what you might have to spec into instead, and what that means for your options for other specs.
  19. Pults Loyal Player

Thank Mr Develapr!

Mental already is doing double of rage's damage (mixed melee and range) on live server - speaking of raids.
  20. SasquaT Dedicated Player

IM GON SAY THIS ONE MORE AND I HOPE LAST TIME THERES NO SUCH THINK AS MELE DPS !!!!!

FRENZY DO MELE SO ITS NOT GOOD FOR DPS AT ALL AND ALL WHO TESTING RAGE ON SPARING TARGET AND THEN COME HERE WITH " LOOK RAGE MELE IS SO OP " ARE MEGA NOOBS .

U CAN TRY MELE DPS AT HH WHEN U COME CLOSE TO ANY BOSS U DIE IN 1 SEC EVEN IF TANK IS THE BEST IN THIS GAME U GONA DIE FAST WHEN U GO INSIDE BOUNCH OF TRUSH AND DO YOURS FRENZY U GONA DIE AS WELL .DONT HAVE TO SAY U CANT DIE MORE THEN ONCE IF U DOING ELITE RAID AND EVEN IF U DOING NORMAL EACH TIME U DEATH U LOOSING DPS AND WITH FRENZY BS U GONA DIE A LOT SO FOR SURE RAGE DPS GONA BE LAST AT SCOREBORD WITH 5 MILIONS UNDER REST DPSERS AND 1 MILION BETER THEN TROLERS .

WHAT I PREFER TO C IS INCREAS DMG TO ALL RANGE POWERS OR MAKE RAGE IMMORTAL THEN I TAKE FRENZY OR OUTRAGE AND IM GONA START TESTING .

THATS WHY DCUO NEED PROFESIONAL TESTERS ( PEOPLE WHO PLAY A LOT IN THIS GAME WHO WILL BALANCE ALL POWERS IN ONE WEEK WITH ONE FINGER IN NOSE AND 2ND IN ....)

I WANT TO C TUNSO RUNING HH AS RAGE AFTER THIS " REWAMP " WITH REGULAR GEAR AND WITHOUT ANY DEVS TRICKS HOW IS HE DOING MELE DPS .

I SAW DB GONA BE INCREAS I HOPE ITS GONA HIT 200 % MORE THEN NOW AND WE CAN FORGET ABOUT ATHER POWERS LIKE FRENZY COZ IF U INCREASS FRENZY AND ATHER MELE POWERS PEOPLE START CRYING LOOK RAGE AT PVP IS SO OP PLS NERF IT .