In Search of a League... (PC/US/Hero)

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Grim Fandango, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Grim Fandango New Player

Hey there. I'm a returning player who was here at the start for the first handful of months the game released, but after my friends got bored and left, I realized you couldn't do jack squat at the time on your own and left left soon thereafter myself. Anyway, and on a total whim, I've been back for a few months now and have been pleasantly surprised about how much more solo friendly the game's become while leveling.

With that realization made, I've been puttering around trying to figure out what I enjoy about the game and what type of character I like. I've finally settled on one (Die FIedermaus, a DPS Gadgets Hero though I plan on working on his Controller side once I finish getting the DPS side done), and I'm beginning to realize that if I want to progress much further, I need to find a league to help out with feats, do the various alerts and raids, and so on and so forth.

Unfortunately, I'm rather shy (and worse, a bit picky) in that regard.

My turn-ons are clever and witty banter, older (I'm 50 myself) and engaging players that are fun to just chat with while you're out doing god knows what on your own, casual and laid back atmospheres in general, a willingness to help others when you have the time even if there's not necessarily a direct benefit for you, and long moonlit walks on the beach. Deviant weirdos are a plus, but not required. (I'm lying, they're 100% required.)

My turns-offs include racism and bigotry, elitism and/or fanaticism over optimization, constand and never-effing-ending bragging about your gear or stats (Jesus Christ shoot me now), overuse of leetspeak or whatever its called these days, and league names that are embarrassing to have under your own name (including but not limited to out of game references, ALL CAPS, no caps, replacing Ss with Zs, and xXNameXx formats). Other than that, I'm generally good.

That said, I do have some personal flaws that may or may not need to be worked around. My availability to play is flighty at best, but if I sign up for or otherwise agree to do something, I'll go through Hell and high water to be there at the prearranged time. I'm also physically mute and cannot speak, but I listen well and type exceptionally quickly (it's never been a problem in the 20ish years I've been playing multiplayer games, and I used to maintank for a raiding guild for many, many years, just as anecdotal evidence).

Other than that, I'm totally a cherry pick for a leaguemate. Honest! You can believe me, I assure you. Like, you'd really be missing out by not having me join. Sure, I may not be a fantastic or knowledable player, and modern pop culture references might go flying over my head, but pffft, as any of that's important or something.

<just stands there awkwardly>

So, uhm, yeah! <eyes dart to and fro> If my amazing--nay, clearly legendary--pitch has won you over <coughs>, you'll probably have more luck contacting me here as I tend to forget to check my in-game mail more often than not. I'm going to blame that on getting older rather than my personal incompetence, though. 'Cause, dammit, getting older has to have some perk, so taking the blame for everything might as well be one of them. <folds arms and huffs> God knows the back and knee pain isn't. Stupid back and knee pain...
  2. Bitter Sweet New Player

Well you could always join Dirty Feat. We are a welcoming league. I don't use a mic and have been accepted.

plus the Tick reference is always a plus.

Shot me off a letter if you are interested.

Xeve (hero)

ps. I think I already asked you once.
  3. Kramgnol8 New Player

Digital Edition is exactly what you want. Hit up Sparro or Riptide.
  4. Dutchess Active Player

hey hun GOA Godz Of Anarchy is recruiting!! we are a over a year kool league with mics or not we help each other run feats and help each other build better charaters. theres no recuirements to join only be 18 or above!!!.... Goddess Pinq is my name u can add me as a friend if your interested
  5. Nightfall New Player

Hey, I'm also a returning player looking for a league. GOA sounds interesting! I'd love to join, but it won't let me add you in game. My toon's name is Nightfall22, I'm on ps5.
  6. Dutchess Active Player

wow it says your name doesnt exsist