ideas on buffing electricity

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ApolloMystique, Jun 14, 2015.

1. just an honest dps New Player

pve healing/dpsing. i don't pvp
  2. Unida Dedicated Player

not even kidding, 100% increase in all dmg done by electricity should be about right.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sumeric New Player

Electric's powerback mechanic doesn't work the same way as Ice. Our regeneration only works when casting powers in a very specific order. It works as follows:

Electroburst (optional for some loadouts) - no power back
    Electrogenesis - power back when used after electroburst. If used without electroburst, no power back.
    Arc Lightning - power back when used after Electrogenesis.
    Electrocute - power back when used after Arc Lightning.
    Voltaic Bolt - power back when used after EB, EG, or AL. No power back when used at any further point to refresh dots.

What TrueGODofMarvel is pointing out is that once all the dots are set up, outside of scenarios where new adds enter the fray, our power back is at an end where others can keep theirs going. Once my dot is at level 3, I cant use Electroburst or Electrogenesis again because the adds won't take any addtional damage from them (using them just to set up the powerback for the next move still results in a net power loss).

Voltaic bolt doesn't start the power back cycle, but we would like it to benefit from power regeneration if the mechanic is implemented for this power.

Granted, in a raid, its no big deal. We're seldom going to be a power liability in a large group setting. But in the hypothetical scenario where the troll goes down, I am going to depend on sodas much more than most other Dps powers because at any time, anywhere from 1-3 powers in my loadout won't regenerate any power and weapon combos don't regenerate enough power to supplement the gap.
    • Like x 1
  4. toast Well-Known Player

I know and use the mechanic but your missing the point. why would you start re-gen at the end of the rotation? you would be playing catch up with your power bar. that small tick you would get would immediately be used once you start the rotation again and you would end up with even less power in your bar at the end of the second rotation. if the re-gen started on the front end with EB you would getting the re-gen tick as well as the portion of power used from EG and so on. other than that, the only thing that would make sense would be to give VB a burst power restore with electro-charge active. this second one is what I would most like to see happen, as well as giving VB a 5% dmg multiplier and having EB placed around the target.
  5. Sumeric New Player

The point is not that the regeneration would start at the end of the rotation, the regen would continue at the end of the rotation. It currently stops with voltaic bolt. We would like it to not do that.

For example. I finish stacking my max level dots on group of adds A with voltaic bolt. Group of adds B gets pulled in so I throw arc lightning to electrify them and spread the first level electrocharge to them followed by VB to activate it. Then I cast E.G. and VB again to put them at max level dot as well.

In doing this I have lost power on both the castings of AL and EG. Now if VB was made to continue (not to be confused with start) the power regeneration, we would not have lost that power. Make sense?
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

I'm not sure it matters too much what we think. I generally think the dev team is way ahead of us on most of this stuff and probably already has the adjustments they want to make for the next game update already done on some internal test server right now. I don't believe they are going to reinvent the wheel on DOT powers. I do think they are going to get some attention though because they aren't competitive as they currently stand.

As far as I can tell, Hardlight, Electric, and Nature are the last powers needing to be balanced. Some may argue Rage range loadout also but I think it's been made abundantly clear that rage is melee centered power so I don't think that's going to get changes on the ranged side. Maybe we can argue for more melee damage from a risk reward perspective???

Anyways, I predict DOT powers will get a base damage increase to the DOTs and some adjustments to power back that may (and hopefully will) include more powers that benefit from the power return mechanic. I kind of think they may introduce power regen instead of instant power since that seems to be the trend lately. I personally like the power regen over instant power so that would be a plus to me. The only question in my mind is will they continue to require powers to be cast in a certain order for power return or chage that to a different style mechanic. My gut says they will keep it based on the current set up.

If I'm wrong, and we see major mechanic changes, I'll be pleasantly surprised because I like playing with new things. Of course the worst thing could happen is the next update have no changes to these powers but I would be VERY surprised if they don't address these powers in some way.
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Buff the dot damage and make electrogenisis full strength in the first cast. Having to stack it for it to be full strength is stupid and one off the reasons electric suffers. As if the setup wasn't slow enough lol. Also the power back needs to be worked on.
  8. Streven Dedicated Player

You don't have to stack it. You can get in close and use electroburst. I don't think that will change. Hopefully Savage Growth and Electroburst get their ranges extended to Splosion/Fireburst range.
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea but electro burst just wastes a spot on your loadout when you can just stack e-gen. IMO e-gen should just be that strong to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  10. Swiftduck Loyal Player

healing is perfectly fine in pvp and pve.

But not sure what makes you think dps in pve is fine. It certainly does not stack up to quantum/mental/munitions/ soon fire and ice

Th eonly power it can out dps is HL, nature and sorcery and maybe celestial
  11. just an honest dps New Player

i've been doing fine with it. from my experienced id have to disagree with pretty much everything you said.
  12. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Care to provide us with some parses that will prove us wrong?
    • Like x 1
  13. MrB Dedicated Player

It can't out dps celestial unless they aren't paying attention. From what I've seen sorcery can easily out dps electric but the instance plays a role in that. Not sure about nature though. As for hl well.... it kinda sucks so electric can out dps it easy during blocks with dots going.
  14. just an honest dps New Player

nah
  15. Streven Dedicated Player

Well, Tunso has been pretty adamant about making people get in close if they want to do max damage. Don't think that will change. Lobbying to get the range increased though seems reasonable. Currently we hAve to get a lot closer than say EMP or Mass Hysteria.