I Take Back Most Of What I Said About Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Mar 7, 2016.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

This should be in the Support section of the forum but there is more eyeball traffic here in the Gotham section so it might help more people when the exact fault has been found.

Having experience with a Windows update causing an issue with older CD-ROM based games, be good to have a list of previous Windows installed updates.
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I found this while we wait to see what Windows Rockhound is running:

3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

7 right now but I'm installing Windows 10 unless you think I should postpone that.
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Nah, installing 10 might resolve whatever the issue is. It's not a bad troubleshooting step. Windows 10 is a lot more stable now than it was when it was initially released, and I recommend it now to friends/family after the 10586 build was released in November/December.
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

OK. Will do and we'll see what happens.
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Could it be a driver related issue? Did you upgrade your graphics driver recently and then having these problems? If so, downgrade, or do a clean install of that driver.
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Its stable now? Any idea on the update time from Windows 8 to Windows 10?

I have privacy concerns with Windows 10 but I know of a video that shows clear cut steps (updating to Windows 10 or installing from scratch) on reducing/removing the information gathering that Windows 10 does
  8. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I believe you need 8.1 to get 10, so you'd need to upgrade to 8.1 first. That takes about 30 minutes on an HDD, or 10 minutes on a SSD. 8.1 to 10 takes 30-45 minutes on an HDD, and 10 minutes or so on a SSD.
  9. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Thanks for info. Mine is Win 8.1 actually.
  10. SuperBell Loyal Player

I'm on Windows 10 and having the same Launcher issue.
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Have you tried doing an upgrade install of Windows 10 to see if it fixes it?

• Download the Media Creation Tool, run the tool, and choose the option to 'Upgrade this PC now'.
    • Make sure you choose the option to keep your current applications and files so you do not lose anything.
    • Even if you already have Windows 10, doing the steps above will repair any issues with the operating system.
    I am also running Windows 10, and I have no issues with the launcher.
  12. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Try this it may help:
    Uninstall these updates;
    KB 3126587 and KB3126593
    After that I would reinstall Framework and or Visual C++ from Microsoft and see if that helps
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Since this is happening to some users with Windows 10, I doubt those are the culprit for all players experiencing the issue. Did uninstalling those updates fix the problem on your system?
  14. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

It did on 7 Seth which is what I was referring to since that is the OS he said he was running. Windows 10 I haven't had any issues yet, knock on wood.
  15. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

But to be clear the faults he listed are symptomatic of those updates, not just for DCUO but other programs as well
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

That would be good information for the developers to know. Hopefully they see this thread, so they can provide a client hotfix to help the client be stable with those updates.
  17. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Interestingly enough Microsoft as made many faux paus moves like this. Reminds me of an update which wiped the validity of Office 2013 and you had to go through their support (Face palms) to get it reactivated. Sometimes it would be much easier if they left well enough alone. That being said, I hope it does help him, past that since he is having issues in seven I would have suggested corrupted user profile, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Since he is already debating on upgrading that would be my next suggestion, preferably after running hitman pro or combofix. Great tools to ensure a happy PC and they are free.
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Try to rename a folder in the path to Launcher. (change SOE to Daybreak) then reboot. then run CCleaner to wipe cache. reboot. try to run launcher. Good luck.
  19. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Well, I did the Windows 10 upgrade and it didn't help. I don't know what to do except either uninstall the game completely and completely delete anything DCUO related from my computer and start from scratch(this includes Test as I can't fire up Test either) or restore my computer to factory settings which isn't out of the realm of possibility but it's something I'd rather not do.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

There is one other option. I am wondering if this is a Visual C++ corruption issue.

Warning: The following steps may cause other software not to work on your system, so you may have to re-install/repair that software if it fails to launch after doing these steps.

1. Create a Restore Point
    2. Right click the Start button in Windows.
    3. Click Programs and Features
    4. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ items in the list.
    5. Download and run the setup application for DCUO.