I give up on Leagues/Legions (USPC)

Discussion in 'League Recruitment Center' started by Solarstar, May 21, 2013.

1. Solarstar New Player

Why is it that nearly every League/Legion either has cliques, leaves people out of league/legion stuff, has drama or is just plain aggravating.

I mean... the last two leagues I was in, I felt left out. The league prior to the last two, I got ostracized. The one before that was too damn cliquey, and the first league I resigned and left due to all the ********.

Why can't I find a League/legion to call home?

Maybe I'm just ranting... I don't know.
    • Like x 3
  2. HealerHollidae New Player

Nah I feel you I had to start my own but even then same issues so I disbanded it. Joined r3po they were fun for a while but never pve'd I had to go as I ran about 100 raids during my time in the league and only 3 of those were with my league
  3. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

Try forming your own league. :)
  4. Original Scar New Player

well the truth is many people are just plain SELFISH players and yes you are right many leagues exclude their members. It's going to be hard to explain this short and simple the way I normally but I will give examples.

1st example (in which you mentioned cliques):
    yes people do prefer to play with certain members in their league because it's a routine and comfort level. It's hard for a new member to fit in and the regulars don't know how to deal with it. The long lasting members tend to be so into whatever it is to what they are doing they just don't care about others really. It's a pattern, very bad habit, poor judgment and decison-making especially on the leaders part. I guess many people don't know how to deal with change especially for the better so they just kind stay with what they have and eventually die out as a league. Believe it or not, and many people don't realize this but ma majority of players do tend to be ELITIST at a given point in time. They feel that they need to be showered with gifts and praised because they have a high C.R. and amount of SP (which can be easily falsified) and just many other reasons to feel that they are above everyone else until new dlc arrives.

2nd example (in which you mentioned leaving people out)
    The problem is not only the league members, it's the leaders themselves. Many people just don't how to be a leader and it's a fact. I remember when F2P first launched, many people just wanted the honor to say that they have a league or they are a leader of a league and they spam invites to every league-less and random person. Everyone has to remember a league isn't just made out of thin air just like that. You have to have a certain membership (which is legendary) and you must have started with at least 4 people to start a league because those are the rules and establishment in order to do so. From there you can now do as you please. My point is, when leagues are created the fact is THERE IS ONLY 1 LEADER, no if's ands buts no's otherwise whatevers etc. It took one person to click on the create a league button not 4, it takes only 1 person to give or take permissions for league ranks, and sure took only 1 person to make the league name. With that said, if there is supposedly more than 1 leader in your league it's because of permissions and that could create problems in the long run. Unlimited invites to anyone, rank names changed, people getting kicked out nonstop, finger pointing as to who did what. Another point along with this is that many leagues don't care about who they invite, their is no structure, no order, and of course no great leadership when there are so many people online at once. If you think about it, the max players for anything to be done is 8. 8 online is productive enough to get by with lots of things to be done in-game so that usually leaves everyone else out unless groups are split. In a way playing with a full raid group can have its ups and downs depending if everyone gets along and the chemistry is their.

3rd example (in which you mentioned dealing with the headaches)
    Yes, many leagues have so many purposes and you never know what your getting yourself into until you see for yourself. there are so many leagues for so many representations and variations. Some leagues play to have fun, others just to talk, some just want to to have fun and talk crap to each-other, etc. It can be so annoying and I have been there, done that. it still exist and that's just human nature at it's best. So many grown-ups in this game it really amazes me how people can be so foolish, childish, and unproductive. I would say do your research all over again and take my word for it when I say this, the rarest and most valuable thing to find in the game are great members.
  5. Black House New Player

Sounds like you are the problem that you are complaining about.

A league is only as usefull as you make it, yes good leadership helps, but if you don't help yourself then what use are you to a league?
  6. willi3bx Committed Player

what server are you on, what roles do you play?
  7. Mcluv3n New Player

#1 U GOTTA LET YOUR SELF BE KNOWN AND HEARD THEN U GOTTA KNO WAT KIND OF LEAGUE YOUR ENTERING COMMUNICATION IS KEY U JOIN A LEAGUE U SHOULD OFFER TO HELP 1ST LET PPL GET TO KNOW U AND IF NO COMMUNICATION DEN ITS NOT FOR U. BUT ARGUIN IS GLOBAL AND IF U CANT TAKE A LIL ARGUMENT U MIGHT AS WELL BE A LONER OR TEST OUT CALL OF DUTY THEN COME BAK TO DC LOL
  8. Solarstar New Player

Been there, done that... not doing it anymore:(
  9. Solarstar New Player

I did try to make myself useful and available, but it's just frustrating when everytime a group forms for anything... I'm just left out.

WTF ever happened to getting the new people involved and opening them up. Half of the issues would be alleviated just from people doing that.
  10. Solarstar New Player

USPC
    Sorry, but I do communicate but it's a two way street; and like I said, veteran league/legion members need to break those walls by asking the newer members to come along on Alerts/Raids/PvP. This is especially paramount to new members joining who've already built up walls around themselves to protect themselves.

Second, I've been in too many drama-filled leagues/legions to last a lifetime so if people can just leave their BS drama out, then leagues/legions would be healthier.
  11. Doctor Erevos Committed Player

If I had a gamimg PC I would have asked you if you wanted to form a league together lol, oh well.
  12. Shifting Sniper New Player

Welllllll, you should come to my league :D were super nice, and we help out all levels, with feats and raids/alerts etc.
    Definitely give us a chance at least before you call it quits with leagues, it might sound cliche, but not all leagues are like that :3

2rawdcuo.forumotion.com post on the recruitment page and me or one of the mods will send you an invite :D
  13. Solarstar New Player

Sorry Shifting, but I have called it quits with leagues:(
  14. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

That's unfortunate, Solarstar. Sorry to hear you've had problems with leagues, if ever need a DPS just give me a shout out. If I can, I'll help out. :)
  15. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

the problem with leagues is that they are comprised of people.
  16. Solarstar New Player

Pretty much:(
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Many of the good leagues tend to just stick with their certain group of people they KNOW they can run with easily. They don't want to let new people in their runs because then they run the risk of having a harder time.

There are some good leagues that won't alienate you from their main group but that's hard to find sometimes. On Villain side it's very hard to find haha <.>
  18. Solarstar New Player

That's because it's automatically assumed that everyone's ran it.

Unfortunately, those are a rarity on either side, but like I said earlier to Shifting... I have given up completely on leagues/legions.
  19. Rocano New Player

I understand it struggle, I've been in a few leagues and felt the same way. I kinda gave up some time ago too