I AM NO MAN'S SIDEKICK, I AM AN AMAZON, I AM HERE TO SAVE MANKIND...THE WONDER WOMAN MOVIE THREAD

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Echo Blue Committed Player

Hello everyone,

This "insider" is the same person who first said that the Superman versus Batman movie was not good. Now this insider is saying that the Wonder Woman movie is suffering from the same issues. Based on past experience, I find it highly plausible that Hollywood has screwed it up again.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, don't believe people want "WonderBewbs: The Movie" to fail, but the large majority expect it to fail, just like "BvSvWWvLLvLLvDD" and "Suicide Squirts" failed, and so too will the "Justice League" movie
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    As I posted a while back about casting and since the trailer, I figured the baddies were going to be the German army and the lady with the weird face. However, some test screenings of the film took place and sources who viewed the film have stated that Ares will be the main baddie and will be played by actor, David Thewlis and yes he will be cgi based on the toy figures that will be released
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

New trailer drops tomorrow
  6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  7. GreenLanternForever Well-Known Player

Kind of a weak trailer, but maybe thats a good thing. So far all DC trailers have been great but the movies were underwhelming, maybe this time they've reversed it.
    • Like x 1
  8. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I say the trailer is good enough because I don't want the trailer to spoil anything. Anyone remember the Bats v Superman Doomsday reveal or the 30 Amazing Spider-man 2 trailers that pretty much showed the entire movie :rolleyes:
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I got the feeling that Robin Wright´s character is gonna become a fan favorite and possibly showstealer. She looks great and fierce.
    • Like x 1
  10. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone,
    Seems director Patty Jenkins has revealed that Artemis will be played by boxer Anne Wolfe which is neat but I would have thought they go with an actress
    [IMG]
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is it okay to say 'black-washing'? Or is that only allowed if it's a white actress or actor? o_O
  12. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well here are some new tv spots that have been released

13. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Looks like they moved up the release date for the movie. From June 23rd.
  14. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  15. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

I usually refer to it as "The Ted Turner Treatment", "Ted Turnering", or "Colorizing". It could be, like stunt casting, an interesting experiment, a dismal failure, or a rousing success. For better or worse, "inclusion" is the word of the day and Hollywood, television, et al seem more than willing to shoehorn said word into any and all content ( Content: See Marketing; Marketing: See Marketing: Bill Hicks' Opinion Of) to varied results. Ah, what the hay.....

Probably not safe for work.

Speaking of Wonder Woman: I saw the "new" trailer when I went to see Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 and it doesn't look too bad.
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Not a fan of that song, it just didn't have the right feeling. Yes it's about warriors but that doesn't mean it works for this.
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Wow! Her mother is coming across as a total man-hater!! And their main foe, is actually a woman!!! How would mommy-scariest twist that?
    But yeah, that song has very little to do with Wonder Bewbs, that's probably why you only ever hear those two lines
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Well I would think she has good reasons to should the movie tell why similar in the comics where Hercules was able to trick her and the Amazon's and he and his men abused them.
    [IMG]
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't say that she didn't have a reason, just how is she going to explain how their greatest enemy is actually a female, not a hated male?
    Is it just me, or does that look like Herc has a second right foot? Looks like a golden leg
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

They have conducted some of the earliest critics screenings and though they cant go into specifics yet, everybody who has seen it is unanimously positive about the movie with what little they can say.

It is being described as super hardcore but with heart and hope.