How to maximize your Armory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by not_again, Jan 6, 2014.

1. not_again Dedicated Player

This thread is not about price so if that's what your here for go to the announcement thread.

I will not be purchasing an additional armory so I talked with my league about how to best ulitize the 1armory. The best way we could think of is to spec down all the weapon trees but do not spec into any inmates or powers. This way u can respec on the fly anywhere and just keep your gear in our inventory.

Anyone else have any other ideas to get the best use out of 1 armory?
    • Like x 2
  2. Green Lantern New Player

For folks who only use one role it could be used just to switch out to your favorite look.
  3. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Isn't there a limit on how many pp/sp you can leave undistributed?
    • Like x 6
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

There is a limit on how many sp you cannot distribute, I know for a fact that it is under 10 so your idea would not work. Also how would you use power points.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sumeric New Player

I believe they set the limit to no more than 10 unspent skill points and 3 unspent power points, I'll have to check the testing feedback thread to make sure.
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperiorMouse New Player

this is completely not possible. we discussed it in the testing forum. the devs implemented a requirement that disallows more than 10 unspent SPs and 3 unspent PPs. or something like that. so, this strategy has been circumvented.
  7. Couzintony New Player

Yep ur right...
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Pretty much soon the standard will be to have more than 1 amory. You can still have the 1 amory as a base decoration.
  9. Sumeric New Player

You can always use the one free armory as a "return to default" of sorts. It will save an entire spec of skill points, power points, and even a style that you can revert to after making changes.

Say you're a healer and you want to try a different power loadout. Save your normal spec with the armory, then go to a respec station and make whatever changes you want to try out. If you don't like it, or only need it for a specific circumstance, you can change back to your original loadout at the press of a few buttons.

A single armory is not completely without use, it just didnt end up being as useful as we initially had hoped. We probably tipped our hands a little too early by speculating about the clean spec option to use it to save partial skill point allocations...lol
  10. DarkThorn Dedicated Player

Other people have also tried to come up with the idea of moving their 'free' armories to their main in order to get more, but that was quashed as well because you cannot transfer the 'free' armories.
  11. Ice Lantern New Player

Such a scumbag move on $OE's part.
  12. The dark knight New Player

So...let's say I have a char with 60 SP, I distribute all of them and imprint an armory. A month later, I have earned 11 more SP. Will my imprinted armory be deleted because now I have 11 SP more than I used to when I imprinted the armory?
  13. General Sqeekie New Player

Off topic

Does Anyone know if u need materials to craft armories. How does it work?
  14. scotv453 Well-Known Player

The live stream I watched was a redeemable item you get. But you only get one. You can mail/shared bank the item to any character you want to though. He didn't actually do it in the live stream because you also had to do the other home base missions which he didn't do, and didn't want to show us.
    • Like x 1
  15. IvoMnik New Player

They disabled the option to use ONE SINGLE ARMORY SOON as IT WAS MENTIONED in the FORUMZ as a way to BYPASS the REQUIREMENT OF HAVING TWO ARMORIES to make the system work .

I guess people talked TOO EARLY and in THE WRONG place how to game the system .

If you go back and watch the armories STREAM , you can see JENS IMPRINTING an armory with 170 + FREE UNSPENT SKILL POINTS

16. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

I would actually do the exact opposite with my 1 free armory. I would spec to a loadout/role I don't normally play as but would use in specific scenarios. Then when that specific scenario came up I could easily switch to that loadout/role/gear.

I know my loadout, gear, skill points, etc. for my main role I play but it takes me a bit longer to respec into the loadout/role I don't normally play on my toons.
    • Like x 2
  17. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

No crafting.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, it's sad that they blocked that possible functionality, but then again, they want you to buy more. If you could use one Armory as a mobile respec station, that would make you less likely to buy another.
  19. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

They’ve already thought of this a put restrictions on how many SPs and PPs you can leave unallocated.
  20. Kroye Loyal Player

This is a *really* great idea.

+1