How is Rage more OP than Celestial, HL, Gadgets, Mental and etc?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Van Tooren, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Quantom Boy Committed Player

Damn.
  2. Karasawa Loyal Player

A good player will do well with any powerset but will obviously have an easier time with a powerset with more tools. Rage has a lot of good tools, probably some of the best in the game, which is why people are saying its OP. Just look at it objectively:

(1) Bloodlust is far and away the best weapon buff in the game. I can't stress this enough. It is THE BEST.

(2) You can use rage mode in dps role. This alone makes it the most durable dps in the game, but relentless anger also doubles as a second weapon buff. I hear people say high risk, high reward all the time but the truth is it's less risky to melee with rage because of rage mode. Even if you miss your combo, rage crash, and die you still lasted 8 seconds longer than anyone else could have in melee range.

(3) Amazing supercharges. Infuriate at 35% makes it much better than rampage at 50% and laughably superior to circuit breaker at 100% considering they all do the same thing. And Berserk, as everyone knows, can literally triple your damage output for 12 seconds.

(4) Better versions of other powers. Plasma Retch is basically fear gas but full range and more ticks. Dreadful Blast is just a better version of retribution-wither since DB crits higher than RcW ever did, even pre-nerf. This means rage can be as power efficient as celestial or it can use PR to rifle tap-jump cancel all day like gadgets. Then there's outrage which I don't even think I need to elaborate on.

Right now rage is just the all around best. I don't think there can truly be a doubt about that when you look at its tools objectively.
    • Like x 5
  3. Black ZeroPrime New Player

lol I also said I play gadgets and ive played HL but you like to pretend it wasn't said to prove a false point, bad form and it makes you look silly when you have solid results against good dps i'll listen to you till then I bid you and you nonsense fairwell.
  4. No Aywok New Player

You prove his point further...

Gadgets, Light, Celestial, Rage. Read those until it sinks in.
  5. Black ZeroPrime New Player

read all his post and then all of mine before you jump in with a comment you cannot take back lol
  6. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Nature is very easy to DPS with. The only thing that keeps the off the top spot is adds and power issues. BTW have you ever seen a celestial DPS with DW though? Get that buff for using a melee weapon and its just nasty with a DW.
    • Like x 1
  7. GreenNGo Well-Known Player

Ah, I see. In that case you would be correct. But DPS are pretty creative when it comes to doing damage so I imagine a few more rotations will come along soon. Its only been out for a few weeks so give it some time.
    • Like x 1
  8. Radium Devoted Player

Theres a few options for Melee, but range Rage isn't overly abundant with powers. You'll generally find the same things on everyones loadout.
    • Like x 1
  9. NyyPope New Player

Celestial needs to be looked at this needs to be nerf and this and this and this Quit Crying and Play the Game HL has been the top since the game begin now that a healer power or Tank power is top everyone wants to cry leave them alone and fix Phase Dodge back so the might powersets can keep up.
  10. NyyPope New Player

I believe this Guy by looking at his SIg he does nothing else but DCUO make sure you remember to stay Hydrated.
  11. Van Tooren New Player

To be fair, I find it's really easy to hit cr 103 now. Took me 1 week from lvl 1 to make a new cr 103 toon. Just takes about 5 replays on AnB and a few walk ins with friends.
  12. Quantom Boy Committed Player

Dude wtf are you on about. You pretty much said you out dpsed scrubs using noob powers. So I don't know how you being gadgets has to do with it are you trying to hinder the fact that you're actually a noob by saying you were once gadgets. I don't need to provide you with any kind of video because I have nothing to be I the likes of you but if you're on eups then I'll
    Make an exception and show you first hand.
  13. Frankzilla Committed Player

Well ive just switched to sorc 2 days ago and ive yet to be topped. I think ppl get so caught with what a power has to offer than considering it takes the user to capitalize on whatever quality deemed good for such power. Ive had little problem since the switch of being extremely effective and efficient. Not to mention I do not use phase dodge at all so moral to the story a op users tops an op power anyday in my book.
    • Like x 1
  14. Black ZeroPrime New Player

lmao now you result to trolling because you're point is invalid you now sound like a lying screaming child who cannot get his way, unlike you I've said I run with great players you on the other hand go from league to league and now I see why, you lie you tend to brag and you're annoying, I bet you've been kicked from more leagues than there are ppl in the planet. once again im through until you have solid result against good dps good day sir
  15. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Every powerset is different and plays different depending on the situation. Rage was already nerfed and people are still acting like heartbroken little girls smdh....
    • Like x 1
  16. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Yeah my SIG is misleading. I play one toon and spend a lot of money on power tokens every sale. Been known to change powers a lot.
  17. Quantom Boy Committed Player

It seems that i'm talking to a brick wall, who thinks the only way to win an argument is start the you're trolling game. And you never said you ran with good players or you were HL you're just putting things out there to me you sound credible. And i've only been kicked from one league and that was or being inactive for 3 months. The rest i let because i didn't like the leagues chemistry or some people in that league, don't start assuming things you know nothing about it's a bad trait. And it seems that you're trying to turn the conversation around from you being scrub powers and supposedly out dpsing other dpses, to make yourself feel good to mention it was pug group seeing that you said his friend as surprised. And has for your video request i don't do youtube but here's a video of a nexus run i was inhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-mPHrcnsVI
  18. Black ZeroPrime New Player

lmao I do your dmg with gadgets and quantum with way less power in, dps me to the ground I think not. but good try and ty for the chuckles
    edit: maybe you should read all my post in this thread instead of picking and choosing what you're going to read and reply to lol
  19. Whiteroom New Player

I never found Rage to be OP. Sure, occasionally you would get a good Berserk and it would put a smile on your face, but I wasn't putting up numbers that I haven't done with other powers. Basically I think its PVP players who take issue, specifically ones who think they are far better than they actually are.
    • Like x 1
  20. Quantom Boy Committed Player

If that's true then you just prove my point that you run with **** dpses. And i'm pretty much done talking to you know because you're just another forum gladiator who talks big but when it comes to back it up they just say "lol" and other words to sway away from the conversation.