Happy Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Katnikov, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

Thank you for the gifts! Happy Anniversary! Been here since day one of launch.
    • Like x 3
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You have that wrong. Yes, they are trying to entice people to come back to the game...because guess what, without people to play with an MMO is worthless to play. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that one out. Secondly, why would they need to entice the loyal players to come back if they are already still here???

If your membership ran out and you can't subscribe for this month, you can still participate in the free anniversary event...and you can use the Qwardian Crowns earned from it to get the emblems off the vendor. You also have the event portion of Earth3 to play for free. So it's not exactly "nothing".
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wait, what epic stuff are they getting that you're not??? A free month of the game to get them to come back. That's what you call epic???

As Mohican said, it's good business to bring back players that have gone. The more players that come back, the more players you have to play with. It's a win-win for everyone.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So as a subscriber you want "something" for your loyalty, but when you get that "something" it's not good enough for you??? Do you even understand how that sounds??? That's the very definition of ingratitude right there.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The only thing that is actually clamped are seasonals and evvents (or event portions of new content). Older content below Earth 3 are not clamped.
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What the hell is 'opa'???????o_O
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Logic, never let it get in the way of an incoherent rant :p
    • Like x 2
  9. Sugr Bear Committed Player

I believe it meant "one per account", I also believe we could do with far fewer abbreviations.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank you...and I agree...LOL
    • Like x 2
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, had used the full spelling twice in one post, and that was too much
    • Like x 1
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

[IMG]Free event for non paying members to lvl up, free membership for a month for select former members? hmmmm sounds like your testing the field of non memberships
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are correct....they do not HAVE to give us anything...I said that as well, but to say you cannot have an issue with something just because it was free and not required is just stupid. There are several ways they could have made the gift better with little or no changes. They could have granted time to everyone, or extended the period so that they did not completely blank out the subscribers who who dropped between Nov1 and Jan10...I mean really....why Oct 31? Why not Dec 31 at least?. Making the batsuit or emblems available to all your toons also would have cost them nothing and would have made a lot of users happier. Keep the unlocked TC if that's the issue...having users create and re-create more toons to get more boxes to open.

Also, as everyone is entitled to their own opinions and feelings, i'm not sure what business of yours it is to criticize them. Hey, no one is saying the people who feel the gifts are 'SUPER GREAT!!!' are wrong (yeah i'm talking to you Chill Cat)...cause that is their opinion. If you are happy, please feel free to post a message of thanks here as well. It's funny how so many people are posting replies to those of us who had some issue with the gift who had not previously stated how happy they were with it. Guess some of you were not as moved to show your gratitude as much as you were to comment on another person's feelings or opinions. And yes, I know you posted a 'Happy Anniversary' message, but I didn't see a glowing 'Wow....such great gifts....Thanks DCUO!' Not that you needed to, but you did feel the need to reply to several others who had issues with them.

BTW. If anyone wants to send me their address, I'll be happy to send a box of dog poop to you...gift wrapped and tied with a bow for your enjoyment....whether you wanted it or appreciate it. I've got a bulldog, so a near limitless supply to send. As it is a gift, I'll expect no complaints about it either. I didn't NEED to send it after all....I'll do-do it from the kindness of my heart.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Offering suggestions on how the gift might have been better or not liking it is fine, expecting more or both gifts is wrong
  15. Sugr Bear Committed Player

Having an issue with a free gift is what is stupid, and your dog poo analogy is just childish. They gave people emblems and base items that some people like, that is not at all similar.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You're never entitled to complain about what someone else got for a gift. Never.

You're still proceeding from the premise that you're owed what others get for a gift. That's not how gifts work.

Quit whining. It's childish.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.