Dev Discussion GU73: Content - Too Challenging

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Here's the video I promised of our Area 51 at Tier Alert. Parental advisory: this video isn't pretty. It's rather depressing, so you might want young children to look away for a while, lol.

Second boss fight starts right away, third boss is at 9 minutes, fun with the Analyzers is at 12 minutes, if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

If you start to feel nauseus, step back, drink some water, read a book and then continue viewing.
    • Like x 1
  2. MYTHLORD Active Player

in Darksides will duo. Kaliback has a spamable attack that can't be blocked interrupted or avoided and nearly oneshots you. no matter how high cr or how many skill points.

and the second boss of Harlys hiest especially on villain side. is WAY too overpowered. the adds are as strong as the boss and the boss alone can 3 shot any at level dps. with 5 or so adds attacking you too....guess what...you get KOd.

you can throw in Black Adam in a Rip In Time as well do to the red dot effect being to strong and the waterpools moving too much.

oh and Prison Break so far. i have been unable to get a single group to last 5 seconds in the first boss.

the science spire solo last boss is also really op now. wiping a at level character out in seconds.

basically....all AI boss related damage needs toned down so a player has at least some chance to survive.

the pengbots in the iceberg lounge that explode are a bit much too.
    they are way to all over the place and getting hit once is a one shot.the adds in Harleys hiest last boss are just as insane. but are at least more avoidable.
    • Like x 5
  3. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Loaded up my mid-140s (cr and sp) mental dps/troll alt yesterday. DPS is PftT, full 7ex mods and base mods.

DCr was a mess. Couldn't get past the first boss. Tried with multiple PUG groups, one with even a 160tank and a 180-something DPS. My dps often beats others in the 150s, but this 180-something DPS was still out dpsing me by over 2x. Even with the 2 of us going at it, the first boss burn was SLOOOOW. He had WAY too much health. The tank ran out of power and died. Then the boss made quick work of the 180-something and me (we also had a low level healer that made it almost 1/2 way). Was going to try trolling instead, but as was a common theme, one of the players lost connection, and group fell apart.

Another common theme yesterday: NPCs hitting high level players too hard, but even worse, having ridiculous health pools. It always ended up being a battle of attrition (of HP), with the players, regardless of level, losing, if the support roles got knocked out. Happened in DC, DP, BD, BN... hours wasted. The high levels would then leave in disgust, leaving just the low levels behind. Combined with the disconnects, I could not finish a SINGLE alert or raid in my relevancy window yesterday. I tried pugging DC again today, again with sub-120s queing hoping to get carried... this time, they didn't fight with me when I told them it wouldn't be happening, and disbanded immediately.

The open episodes are NOT endearing newer players to the game right now. It is scaring them off. And it's frustrating older players too. You are burning the proverbial candle at both ends right now. Tweaks aren't what is needed now , but an adjustment to scaling as a whole, AND THEN tweak the difficulty UP for those way too easy.

And, Mepps, you need you start having meetings with the devs daily, and give us updates are what they are actively working on... sort of like the objectives list back on test. I can tolerate the delay on the OP items getting fixed if I know something else more pressing is being addresses... like the entire scaling issue.

PS

For now, I am done with older content, until it is confirmed there is an update trying to fix it. I won't even do AFIII anymore. I wish I could, since Paradox Wave is no longer an easy 5 marks, but since my mains are over 198, I can't depend on those raids anymore for quick marks either. If you want me to give the F2Pers a chance, you're gotta have to sweeten the pot and increase the relevancy window to at least 200, if not 203.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Evergreen Level 30

HALL OF DOOM ARMORY LEGENDS PVE FEATS IMPOSSIBLE. I ran this with several groups and every time we disbanded the instance because we were spending 30 min on the last boss and were supposed to kill it in 2 min lol it really needs fixed nobody is even staying to complete the mission so i cant even get the simple teamup feats. Also red barrels hit bosses for around 10000 and we could not even kill it then. oh and when i left the instance my defense was at around 6000 and im a cr 201
    • Like x 4
  5. Hendrix Well-Known Player

Harley's Heist villain-side Black Canary fight is crazy. Black Canary stuns players immediately, adds enter immediately and you can still be stunned when you are knocked out. I cannot tell if the crowd control/stuns are OP or the damage is OP. I have been unable to complete this fight when a CR 189 sorcery is paired with any player below me. I have only been able to complete this fight if sorcery goes healer and the mechanics are such that I am immediately pinned in a corner by adds and the boss. The aggressiveness of the adds/boss is OP. I believe the challenge of this battle is above the relevancy window.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Locked due to the apparent overwhelming inability to follow instructions. Those derailing the thread have received the appropriate warnings.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.