GU39: Wonder Girl

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by drenz, Jul 10, 2014.

1. drenz Developer

Hey all,

Please use this place to discuss our newest legend, Wonder Girl!

Thanks,
    Drenz
  2. shiny mackerel Committed Player

Hi drenz

Wonder Girl and Donna Troy's brawling weapons currently don't receive either of the recovery buffs. They don't have the melee weapon buff and their weapon attacks don't register any hits or regen power/SC.
    • Like x 2
  3. drenz Developer

Hi there,

Thanks for this feedback, that certainly sounds broken! I'll look into this today and get a fix out asap.

Drenz
  4. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Did I miss something? On EUPC Wonder Girl is live right now, I just met her in a match and saw her available at the Legends vendor. Was she released early on purpose?
  5. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

She's actually pretty well balanced, much better than when WW was initially released.

Thanks to the lower health + no precision combo finisher, she isn't as unbalanced as WW was or is (to a lesser extent) currently. Her counter punishment damage (damage you can do to someone before they recover from a counter-induced hard stun) is much lower than WW's due to no finisher which helps balance out her amazing reflect and easy to utilise and useful lasso combo (number 4).

The only gripe I have with her (and also WW) is the reflect as not only does it deal a LOT of damage but it acts as a better shield than all of the other plain shields in legends. For example:

• John Stewarts Construct Shield - 2500 damage cap, takes 1.5 seconds to strip via simply tapping melee, no damage reflect
    • Faust's Soul Shield - 2500 damage cap, 2 seconds to strip via tapping melee, no damage reflect
    • Donna's Girdle of Rhea - 2500 damage cap, 3 seconds to strip via tapping melee, no damage reflect
    • WG's Reflect - 2500 damage cap, 3.75+ seconds to strip via tapping, 7 ticks of damage at around 1400-1500+ damage in total
    As you can see, the reflect actually takes longer to strip, takes just as much to burst through as well as dealing a very high amount of damage to the attacker. The only disadvantage the bracers have in comparison to other shields is that they last 4.5 seconds shorter if they aren't stripped. However, most shields will never come close to lasting 10 seconds as they are stripped very quickly through tapping.
    It'd be nice if the reflects were to work less efficiently in terms of protecting from damage and instead focused more on dealing damage to opponents (so reducing the amount of hits it takes to strip + lowering the damage cap on the bracers as other reflects already have lower damage caps). Along with this, increasing the amount of time it takes to strip the normal shields through hits taken would make them better than they are currently (Donna's is a good baseline for normal shields, slightly less for shields that have other benefits such as Saint's power regen or slight variances based on how good the legend is outside of the shield).
    • Like x 3
  6. Zzapp New Player

Does this mean it is better to post bugs in the forums than to submit a bug report to the support?

I have opened a ticket regarding this issue with Donna Troy a few weeks ago (and even some weeks earlier on the PSG support site). All i got in return was something like "your report has been submitted..." (apparently not) or "clear your cache and validate game files...".
  7. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Slight revision:

She actually does 5 ticks of damage on anyone that isn't brawling as brawling messes up the reflect (thanks to shiny for this). It means she actually does around 1000+ damage. Everything else in the post still remains relevant however, just wanted to clear that up :D
    • Like x 2