GU 82?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SalviMex, Apr 19, 2018.

1. SalviMex Active Player

Where can i find the GU 82 information beside tbe style unlocking is there any info on buffs nerfs etc or have they not released it yet
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

GU 82 hasn't been released yet. I expect it will be made available on PCTest "soon."
    • Like x 4
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

Someone asked in the Q&A if anything else was going to be in GU 82 and Mepps said no.
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

GU82 IS style unlocking, at least AFAIK.

• Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I thought it was going straight to live server?
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

All Game Updates for the last several years have gone to PCTest first. Only things like Time Capsules, Member Gifts, and Booster Bundles get released to Live without testing.

Here is a relevant quote from the development post:
    "Game Update 82 is expected to launch in the next few weeks."

I'd expect to see GU 82 on Test very soon. Style Unlocking is the kind of feature they'd want people to test out first before releasing it on Live.
  7. TestReporter Loyal Player

• Like x 6
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

*cough* *cough*
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't see mepps's post from earlier about Style Unlocking.

I'd still expect to see the rest of GU 82 on Test fairly soon. Tomorrow is a Livestream content preview. They usually do those right before Test Server is updated.
    • Like x 2
  10. TestReporter Loyal Player

There is no rest, Mepps said style unlocking is everything of GU 82. * There may be some bug fixing, but afaik nothing else that really matters gameplay wise.
    • Like x 1
  11. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

horray for style unlocking! :D
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But isn't Live the ultimate test server anyway???:p;):D
    • Like x 5
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This is true...but any content or other changes will be loaded at the same time as GU82.
    • Like x 1
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

GU 82 is only about style unlocking PHASE 1 so u can guess how long it will take based on the phases, i bet there will be atleast 3+ phases so if u expect something new from GU you probably will have to wait for GU90 lol
    • Like x 2
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Translation: 'we want to see whether we make money or no off this before deciding to invest further resources towards more styles.' In other words, the following GU's may not have anything to do with style updates at all. Those might come further down the road, depending on people's reaction. However, hopefully (and, honestly, probably) people will spend a ton of RBs and there will be much rejoicing.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I do wonder if this style unlocking isn't as well liked as they hope meaning it doesn't sell the amount of replay badges they want do they stop with just the 1st phase or finsh it ? They have stopped working on things in the past if they didn't make what they thought they should.
    • Like x 2
  17. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

One thing missing from your translation: “we hate uniformity and most likely will leave this half completed before we shift gears again and make our customer-facing team bear the brunt of the hatred for our business decisions.”
  18. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I think style unlocking phasey 1 will do great and I think the rest will do fine I'm not to worried about it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. I agree that it must be a challenge sometimes for Mepps and other community contacts. Kind of like the PR team for the president in Saints Row IV.

"The president's words were taken out of context."

"What's the right context for 'I'm the patron saint of America, we should change the pledge of allegiance to "one nation under me'"?"

"That's a great question. Next question please."
    • Like x 3