Test Discussion GU 58: Rage Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunso Developer

Please use this thread to discuss Rage mid-range adjustments. Preliminary update notes are below:
    • Increased the instant and Power Interaction damage caused by the following abilities when used from the tray:
      • Eviscerating Chain
      • Outrage
      • Rage Blast
      • Without Mercy
      • Dreadful Blast
      • Frenzy
      • Ragebringer
      • Revenge
    • Removed any damage restrictions to allow full Advanced Mechanic damage to be performed while in the Tank role.
    • Increased the duration of the Savage state to three seconds to allow a chance to recover from interruption.
    • Plasma Retch now causes additional damage over time when applied while in a Savage state. This additional damage over time effect does not stack with Galling Eruption.
    • Dreadful Blast now causes increased damage, with the most damage caused being caused within 13m of a target.
    • Melee Rage Combos now share the same damage potential as other short range Advanced Mechanics.
    • Like x 8
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The test server is now online with lairs functional. Please continue to test and report parses or bugs found in this midrange update.
  3. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Here are my testing parses. I have also included a comment section where I share my thoughts.

Live Test:

Power = Rage
    CR = 126
    Precision = 4887 (with Relentless Precision)
    Enemies = the 3 Sparring Dummies (League Hall)
    Time = 300 seconds (30 samples of 10 second parses)
    Damage goals = 35500 / 30000 / 25500 : melee / mid-range / long-range

Melee
    Rotation:
    1. Galling Eruption > clipped by Bloodlust > clipped by Relentless Anger
    2. E-Chain > E-Chain combo clipped by > Outrage > Outrage combo clipped by > Revenge > Revenge combo clipped by > E-Chain and rinse/repeat. Refresh #1 when Bloodlust is off cooldown.
    Melee average: 36,588.9

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Mid range
    Rotation:
    1. Plasma Retch > Jump Cancel > Bloodlust
    2. Dreadful Blast > Combo 1 > Combo 2 clipped by > Dreadful Blast and rinse/repeat. Refresh #1 when Bloodlust is off cooldown.
    Mid range average: 33,638.1

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Range
    Rotation:
    1. Plasma Retch > Jump Cancel > Bloodlust
    2. Dreadful Blast > Combo 1 > Combo 2 clipped by > Dreadful Blast and rinse/repeat. Refresh #1 when Bloodlust is off cooldown.
    Range average: 27, 851.4

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Comments:
    Rage plays great and feels great at the moment. The reward you get for clipping fast and on time is well deserved and the mix and match of combos makes it very fluid. The added component of Plasma Retch (dealing a better DoT on enemies and applying Plasma Burn) makes the Range rotation a lot more hands on since you have to jump cancel Plasma Retch making it very old school type of DPSing. My midrange parses and range parses had a high crit percentage as a sidenote, might want to look into that. I have to test Frenzy next so that will be soon but overall good job!
    • Like x 4
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Also, I wanted to ask if the Rage Combo cool downs could be reduced for Tanks and possibly DPS? Just for some flexibility for DPS loadouts and for Tanks to be able to do AM damage more effectively. If there's a sequence for DPS that makes it overpowered then you can ignore my DPS request but Tanks would highly benefit from the reduced cooldowns.
  5. Korlick Loyal Player

How about using Gailling Eruption for Mid-range? Or Plasma Retch´s DoT are stronger than G.Eruption?

And since the patch notes says : "Plasma Retch now causes additional damage over time when applied while in a Savage state", Wouldnt be better to start the rotation with D.Blast+Bloodlust and then cast Plasma Retch? I know that the first hit of D.Blast will be weaker because of the missing P.I., but im curious about that "additional damage while in Savage state" from Plasma Retch. Is it enough to sacrifice the first hit of D.Blast or not enough?
  6. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I would have to do some base number calculations for both DoTs to compare them. I'll be happy to do this later down the week with more time. Good question.

And yes for power conservation and maximizing the DoT, you would start your midrange and range rotation with DB and clipping the second Combo with Retch and Bloodlust. Parse wise, it won't make a difference to the overall average since that is all within the first 10 seconds of the entire test and usually that is a number that is usually weak since you will start off with no AM. Also to note, Plasma Retch even with Savage State, is about 6%-7% of your total overall damage as pointed out by the damage breakdowns...meaning it's just the cherry on the top to the rest of your damage.
    • Like x 1
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

Please reduce some of these cooldowns in tanks. Release the battle tank!
    • Like x 1
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Live Test:

Power = Rage
    CR = 126
    Precision = 4887 (with Escalating Might)
    Enemies = the 3 Sparring Dummies (League Hall)
    Time = 300 seconds (30 samples of 10 second parses)
    Damage goals = 35500 / 30000 / 25500 : melee / mid-range / long-range

Melee
    Rotation:
    1. Galling Eruption clipped by > Bloodlust
    2. Frenzy x5 > Frenzy 6th combo clipped by > Frenzy
    Melee average: 25,750.9

[IMG]

I'm not sure if Frenzy is intended to do baseline damage, but according to this it's not up to par with the other melee combos.
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Correction, small typo, on all my tests I've been using this
    Precision = 4887 (with Escalating Might)

10. Absolix Loyal Player

That's weird. When they were balancing to the old "melee" baseline Frenzy spam was supposedly in line with it and that was around 30k Dps, which would mean it somehow got weaker in this update.
  11. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

Hi,
    Tank still need some reduce coldown.
    And can u give RA extend savage state .

P.s
    I'm not happy with this rage Update
  12. Fies Committed Player

Rage meele: Test-Spec
    GE/BL/RA-> OutR-Rev-EChain

[IMG]
    Average: 35273/s

[IMG]
    Average: 35266/s

Notes: Never played Rage- others numbers might be higher. Screens/calculations contain initial parses as well as ***-ups.
    Cooldowns (and missing practice) is limiting the rotation- otherwise numbers could be bigger. Trying to avoid E-chain as much as possible (by using Rev each time when off CD) might yield better results also- going to test it.
  13. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I got
    I got just about the same numbers as you and I feel rage is in a good place.
  14. Jupiter Ross Well-Known Player

Can someone do a test with DB in RA range?...have a feeling that coukd be a good 4-6M melee-ish option
  15. ChillCat Loyal Player

Could you be more specific about why you are not happy with this update?
  16. Fies Committed Player

Here you go :
    [IMG]
    Loadout as in Screenshot. 36+k/s from a first quick look. Points left to spec into other useful things...this one is most likely a winner :)
  17. Tunso Developer

The cooldowns are different since the combos perform very different primary purposes depending on role. For Tanks, combos are for keeping you alive so they have the cooldown of a tank survival ability.
    • Like x 3
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Like I said in the other thread I would really like to see Berserk have its range changed so we can use it from all ranges, just have it scale to range and that would be awesome especially cause rages range and mid range loadout/rotations are so blah.

As it is now Berserk has the potential to be such a good super but we really can't use it cause the melee build is full of essential things and its only good for melee range so that shuts it out for all other options :(
    • Like x 2
  19. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Honestly, cooldown of Outrage for Dps was and still is an overkill. It could be shorter right at the point that we are not capable to clip Extra Measure with tray Outrage. Dedicating 3 LO slots for melee combos is far from ideal, Id much rather be able to melee with 2 combos and have Dreaddful Blast as 3rd "just in -case" ranged combo or fill the rest of the loadout with utility powers.

For tank role, the way cooldowns are we have to also dedicate 3 or 4 LO slots to be able to deal enough Precision damage for Remorseless Recovery. 3-4 dedicated slots, means dropping juggle and Immunity abilities.
    Sadly, after Cr differentiation updates Rage tanks are in very fragile state and high Health pool doesnt seem as useful as it used to be so the whole battle tank thing might fail anyway.
  20. Ichiro Loyal Player

Just Curious why is dreadful blast damage not increased when within 7M. Even though the power is undesirable to use it seems to be the only option rage players would have to do melee damage at the 7M range without being moved by the power? It would also make rage equal to all other powers updated that can do damage at melee and mid-range with the same power.
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.