GU 41 : Death of PvP Arenas.

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TyrantNyema, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErnieB Loyal Player

WOW this is actually still not locked, I haven't posted thinking it wouldn't have lasted a day or two, grats to the OP on making this troll thread, and it actually lasting this long. Well anyway I'm up for any change to PVP at this point, let's face it there's really not that much harm that can be done to it by now. So just like GU 36, might as well just sit back because the changes are coming and their ain't a thing we can do about it.
    • Like x 1
  2. Azure Black New Player

LMAO!!! XD

Time for you to suck it up and "get better at" the new PvP system...adapt.
  3. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

I agree PvP couldn't get much worse... No point in trying to convince the stubborn forum goers that think they know exactly what they want or the developers that love to cater to the lowly and the weak. The desire of bottom tier casual players to get somewhere from doing nothing and the misplaced pity they receive from the developers has facilitated a blight stricken PvP system that continues to dilapidate in new ways previously thought as inconceivable. Look how bad things have gotten thanks to them. I feel dirty even posting here...
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I've got no idea where you're getting your information from. A lot of the changes that the PvP community as a whole disliked, the forums were against. There were some bad things that came out of it but please don't ever exaggerate the issue.

Not to mention:

Everything the developers have done is because they wanted to do it and saw reason behind it.
  5. Horrorshow New Player

Targeting in PVP arenas and Legends needs to be looked at. One of the biggest gripes I have with the targeting in PVP is the fact that it always targets an NPC character before an actual player. I like to play PVP with auto target lock on, because when it is not on the targeting system takes me off my target. Even when I am not holding my joystick in the direction I am attacking, I still lose my target.

What needs to be corrected:

+ Option in targeting to not target any NPC characters at all, unless the player switches to it. In maps with tons of NPC characters and even pets, the first thing the target system goes to is an NPC character. When I go to switch to another target that is BBing me in the back, it goes to the NPC character before any other character. There has been many times where there is no human players right in front of me and it auto locks on to someone’s pet before the people standing directly in front of me. Add so many useless NPC characters into PVP, the targeting system is buggy. Items are also a hassle in PVP arenas.

+ Go with option one or drastically lower the amount of NPC characters in a PVP instance.

+ The direction a player is targeting something should not go by the way he or she is pressing the button. I am constantly getting off targets because a player moves away or I accidentally shift my joystick to the left. It should be the direction I am targeting the person.
    • Like x 1
  6. ??? Well-Known Player

Updated for you :D
  7. NCR RANGER New Player

Remember in the vanilla game when controller's dominance actually meant something in pvp? *sigh*
  8. LawofSin New Player

To make things balanced and fair? Why do you people think HT is so game breaking? Is it not. But i agree, it's pve content. And let's remove HT, what about the people that farmed their gear? Farmed the expert mods. Are they cheating too? Cause they played the game and progressed their toon?

The mere fact you are implying this game is P2W is freaking beyond me.And arena's, they will die out once people have the gear, Q's will take way longer.... cause? Once they realize that getting the new t6 pvp gear is a waste of time cause a guy in t1 or t2 can easily combat them. BUT i have read this forum and you will say... 'oh well that person has no skill before the update then' But am i saying that the t6 is relying on his gear to win? No. The fact that you spent the same to progress you toon and EARN top notch gear should give you the edge AUTOMATICALLY! As it is in any MMO i have ever had the pleasure of playing.

I don't want to say just hop in game and ACTUALLY play. That would be rude, but i am trying to reason here. PvP is not as unbalanced as this thread had made it sound.. This thread.. or rather the post within it make it sound as though PvP with your own toon is impossible if you don't have the home turf dlc. But that couldn't be further from the truth. Of course the Op may be exaggerating alot! But the feel of achievement will be sucked out of PvP, especially the feel of accomplishment when you get the highest PvP gear, not even modded and take it on a spin run to enjoy your new OPness and stomp opponents, at least until you meet an t4 or equally geared person then back to grinding.

And what i noted on alot of these post, none have really touched is that, at least on PlayStation side. Arena's aren't just 1v1, 2v2. I promise you that. I'd get quicker Q's for 4v4 then a 1v1.
  9. LawofSin New Player

It still does. I go against a controller, i'm getting stunned from left to right... until he runs out of power that is... Then it's a one sided beat down.
  10. Spidersting Committed Player

HT breaks the game far worse then anything in any other DLC. I am all for the changes and i have all the toys and tools. This pvp update is bringing everyone closer to equal levels and making it more fair for everyone in all match types not just 4v4 and 5v5. There are extremes that when coupled with HT and specific powersets it breaks 1v1 and 2v2 matches to the point of not having any chance at winning if you are not playing the same broken combination.

Players won't be raid bosses anymore and players who are playing a powerset they enjoy vs what is OP will have a much better chance at beating the "OP" powersets in these small scale fights.
  11. LawofSin New Player

It doesn't break the game.. I could reason to some degree pvp... but the game? NOPE! I am for the removal of it for arena's, it's pve content, better use for open world anyway. It just prolongs the fight in arena's in my case, i'll still win. It doesn't break the game, i'm sure alot of players don't have the skill to overcome a challenge such as this. Thus i pretty are the ones saying it breaks game can't overcome it. Such as yourself, or simply avoid it[arena's].

Bringing everyone to equal levels when they are more then 3 sets of pvp gear is beyond stupid. Sorry to be so blunt, but if it was say.. PL/Ven. T1. Then AA/EA. T2. Hush/NightWing. T3. OK we got something there. But no currently we have 5 sets, gu41 most likely 6 sets then. Those can't be equal for the sole purpose of progression. If you're a t1 fighting a t5, you should the toughness of his gear compared to yours, his obviously higher prec. You should feel that. Should it be impossible to win? NO. I of all people should know that. But how you guys are making it sound, if the t1 magically gets most of the counters, he should win always. That shouldn't be the case sadly. He has lower tier gear and now feels full brute of t5 gear, no matter how still that t1 is. If his gear is t1, he may get W once in a while, but for the most part he will lose. As it should be, it encourages him to get better gear.

As for the equal in all match types, no. I said arena's aren't just 1v1 and 2v2 as most in this thread are making it as. And just no. A guy in a 1v1 shouldn't be able to get a lucky counter then eat away at their opponents hp if he has lesser gear like he could in legends. in 2v2, I can get agree with this to a degree, if the lower gear are in lairs and can manage to keep one from spamming wm and not doing to much damage while focusing on the other, they can win. Obviously. But in batcave, where HT trinkets are usable. Orange barrels will prove handy, also patience. In 4v4's and 5v5's. Requires teamwork. All i will say, and fighting an experienced geared should put the random team at a EXTREME disadvantage. Also, the chance of you running into a pre grouped team is highly rare.

But of course i am sure i don't sway your opinion of Home turf dlc. But do consider that you giving the dlc more credit then it is due.
  12. savageprime New Player

Im usuallu on board with majority of your pvp post but you lost me here. This update will greatly aid 4s and 5s but the 2v2 matches are highly one sided. A healer and battle troll or dps in troll role will dominate and combination thrown their way be it healer/tank healer/dps troll/dps or what ever it may be and thats due to this update. Im not arguing to not update but imo troll powersets are clearly going to be needed in any match.
  13. iamlightning New Player

I wish people would stop complaining about HT MODS outta 20 somethin mods only 2 cause a minor problem tumble master and empowered channeling....most people dont even abuse empowered channeling anymore and when they fix tumble master people will just flock to ss again and use the double jump to kite...I always said instead of removing HT mods rework the broken ones is all they had to do
  14. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

While i don't necessarily agree this update will destroy pvp forever, i am interested to see what will happen in regards to support roles, perhaps the biggest game changer for the new pvp season. Me personally, I take a lot of pride in being a tank and I'm only hoping that this is something that doesn't set back everything I worked for again. Because it seems like every pvp update as of lately heavily favors dps' the most of every role. You have a few vets in this thread who come from the 8 original sub-servers of their respective system server, pre-merge (myself included, TKJ of USPS3) who talk about "The Golden Age" of pvp where really the only advantages any of us had were sp amount and roles. According to your complaints all of that is being taken away, which is where your main problem lies, right? I can understand because the amount of time you put into developing your character should matter and i can definitely say in "The Golden Age" character development very much did. Now, everything is soon to become obsolete because of new pvp mechanics that will create "balance". I don't mind a restoring of balance, but i do have a gripe with many past complaints made about advantages that were seemingly "unfair" in pvp which are all highly responsible for how pvp got to this point. Brief analogy, complaining that you lost because I'm better geared and whining how it's unfair, is like complaining over a race you lost is unfair because the other guy is faster. Point is, in competition someone is always going to have an edge, so what sense does it really make to take every single edge away in pvp to make things easier and "fair" for everybody, especially those who haven't put in as much time to develop their characters? I'm looking at the full picture, there's pros and cons about this change, but sometimes I feel like some changes are made for the wrong reasons. People can argue that if they want, but i get no satisfaction out of things being handed to me. And frankly, that's what this update will probably be doing for quite a few people, especially those with limited experience in the game. Who knows? GU41 could turn out to be way better than expected where everyone, including the doubters, can rejoice.
  15. Spidersting Committed Player

I should of specified what i ment by HT breaks the game. It breaks the game in PVP arenas. I would even go as far as saying remove modding from arenas as well or make mods specific to arenas and not allow the pve mods to be slotted in the pvp gear. The worst offenders for breaking pvp arenas from HT are the white mods, Supply drop and side kick. The foot mod from acro allows you to completely ignore the counter window from rolling. (this mod can be used by all movement modes and it still works).

Supply drop and side kick both give back a good chunk of health and power and is like a complete reset of the fight. So if you are worse then your opponent you basicly get to try again without dieing.

On maps that have enough players to fill all roles will always be about teamwork and team comp. The direction they are going for arena pvp will also bring balance to 1v1 and 2v2 as well.

As far as gear goes there will always only be 4 sets the bottom tier set falls off and all current sets move down one level to make room for the new set being released. There will still be gear gaps but it won't be as big as a gap that we have now. This brings new blood to the arena game and that is a good thing. One of the biggest problems right now are someone who has no ranking or someone who has no one on that is queing for that map with the a similar ranking and the system throws them against someone who is maxed out with everything including HT, buff colas, consumables and buff trinkets. The chance of that no rank or low rank player winning slim to none. The chance of the match being a complete blow out, is very likely. The chance of that player that just got stomped will que up again probably 0.

Think of it this way. If the devs decided to put in some content that was so hard that not a single player could complete it. How long would you bang your head against it until you said enough i am going to do something else because this isn't worth my time?
  16. Spidersting Committed Player

Most players i think only read one or 2 things and then came here to complain about it on the forums. The reason 1v1 and 2v2 will be more balanced is because of limitations, the same limitations we had when the game first released. We will not have raid boss like fights in these fights anymore. Healers will not be impossible to kill without a controller on your team. They are taking a huge hit to healing in arenas and shielding will be much less. Controllers will also take a huge hit to power out so teams will not have unlimited amounts of power. Other then your pvp trinket the only way to get cleansed is by a tank. Also no more role specific gear the only thing that will seperate players is how they spend skill points and mods in gear. And no more Movement mode debuffs because counter roles will not be there anymore.

It isn't all about the removal of HT, it is the over all changes of everything including gear, roles, and mods all together that makes it balanced as a whole. You have to take in the whole picture and not 1 or 2 things to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  17. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

Look at it this way, soon you won't have to worry which role type of gear you have to buy.
  18. savageprime New Player

Well all you listed is why I said 2s will be different but theone thing I guess I wasnt grasping is your opinion abouy healers being well killable now. I knew we were going tp take a hit there, I read a hit from 65% to 25% healing. That seems extremely dramatic with wm cause even with whatever crit caps my handblasters still hit 5-7k.
    This dramatically changes my views on pvp healing and I probably wont be healing pvp but I wont make 100% decisions yet till its all out and live but if the number is correct of 25% what's the point of even having a healer over dps stacking?

Everyone keeps saying about how pvp USED to be but as I have stated before many of us are newer dcuo pvpers who understand counter systems and mechanics of pvp as they are now so you cant really hold everyone accountable amd expect folks to know about ol' day pvp. I only speak of what I know now not back then meaning I could be 100% wrong on my ideas of what we are going into thus I post and ask questions in these threads.
  19. Spidersting Committed Player

Well everyone is also basing off of stats we have now, the new pvp gear will put you up to minimum of 26k hp at the top set, that is before mods and skill points. Also with this increased health i would assume our shield we get for a counter will also go up because it is based off a % of our total health pool. Also dps will be taking a hit, all powers will only be 35% dmg modifiers in arenas and since HT is gone you don't get bonus dmg from white mods (penatrating strikes, and berserk) and no bonus dmg from supply drops. No buff colas no socket affinities in gear.

All the dmg players see now is very skewed because of all that stuff compounded on top of one another along with lower health pools it makes WM look broken because our stats don't support the dmg. It is the same cycle we see each and everytime pve starts to out perform what the pvp gear can handle.

In the early days of pvp players were limited because they didn't have unlimited resources and that is the general direction this is going.
  20. ChaosInternational New Player

Is anyone aware of any changes to role benefits such as 100% dom buff for trolls and tanks? Is that going away or what exactly have they done with that aspect?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.