Getting Help with Old Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TwilightsInferno1701, Mar 27, 2024.

1. TwilightsInferno1701 Level 30

No matter how many times I try LFG or even asking people I still can't get any help to run the Flashtastic Voyage raid to get the Better Together Again feat. I'm really not sure what to do. I join leagues but no one plays with each other so I leave. What should I do to get help?
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Have we tried getting rid of the clamp?

I'm sure that would help.

(I know... "Make it optional")
    • Like x 3
  3. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Yes because removing the clamp will make people less selfish and not wanting to help people...
  4. Grim931 Committed Player

The clamp seriously doesn't help in this regard.

It's way more difficult to find people willing to do feats post-clamp than it ever was pre-clamp, and this is easily seen in LFG chat constantly. People seemingly don't want to put in the amount of time and/or effort needed in old content, especially if they already have the feat. It's a lose/lose situation for people trying to form groups. Good luck getting in the content with capable players, and then good luck getting the feat with the small amount of progression we've been allowed to have.

So yes, removing/loosening the clamp (or making it optional) would significantly help with feat runs. You're never going to change people who are selfish. That doesn't mean you couldn't widen the group of overall players who would be willing to help by making it take less time/effort to do so.

Personally, I would be more inclined to help if I knew the run wouldn't take long and that the success rate would be higher. It's just too risky to even bother with in its current state, and this isn't good for the returning player trying to play catchup. I'm guessing a lot of other players feel the same based on other feedback.

I never really bothered too much with feat chasing before, but I would still help if asked (didn't matter if I had the feat or not). I sure as hell wouldn't bother with it in old content now with the clamp in place. It's just not worth it. At all.
    • Like x 3
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

No... But... It would take less time to help people... and more fun... and thereby more likely to help...
    • Like x 3
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

This is what some hoped would be the reason to run old feats when things like Task Force X bonus weeks, STU events and Omnibus was introduced. But they gave up Waller missions bonuses they seem to reluctant to release STU (should be done at least twice a year) and Omnibus is seen by many to not be worth the hassle with the little rewards you get. If they were going with the clamp they should’ve been willing to expand on rewards in all previous episodes but as is they have these bonus weeks willy nilly and also keep us in the dark before they drop em. For instance if we knew there was going to be a LSH 31st Century bonus week people could plan better around and resolve to do old feats in there. But nope we learn on Wednesday night before reset barely and most players hate the “useless” bonuses and disregard them. If they methodically did Tiers 2 thru 8 on a schedule this might entice more to plan around and help. But as is most just want to get in after resets get there source marks and **** and to new players and players struggling with feats that may look selfish but can we really blame them? The devs poorly planned out long term the repercussions of the clamp for new players so is it our responsibility to somehow mitigate it? I don’t know the answer if they’ll never change the clamp but I’m hoping at some point the devs revisit rewards granted for clamped content. The Waller bonus weeks seemed like an idea maybe they could consider revisiting something in that vein?
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

More fun is debatable. I don't find anything fun about mindlessly burning things.

I see you're on US server, what times do you generally attempt to form runs? I'd be happy to bring my healer if we can get a time together. (I'm free tomorrow after like 1800 EST, but honestly I'm pretty swamped this weekend - holiday and all)
    • Like x 1
  8. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

I'll just drop this here, think of me what you want.

When it comes to helping randoms with feats in LFG nowadays, if I can't completely carry it, I don't bother with it.

Not having the clamp made it easy to make sure a group could get a feat done before someone like xxxKalEl999xx ruined it. And when a friend or I needed a feat we were also much more open to allow random people to join in, these days, LFG is a last resort use.

It's really easy to just look at the LFG chat and see that calls for old feats have dwindled compared to how it was before HOL and the clamp launched.

To me, it's just not worth investing my time with LFG anymore, because getting some randoms some feats is pretty likely to be inconvenient when in the past I used to do it for fun or to pass time without worry.
    • Like x 4
  9. CantLoginWithPS Active Player

The problem with bonus weeks is that we only get incentives for running or spamming the content, not for doing feats in specific or in general.
    • Like x 4
  10. BillyBatison1 New Player

Good luck. We have been asking the dev team for solutions to this and we been met with silence.
    • Like x 1
  11. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

You problem

Not everyone who plays the game goes for feats, speaks the same language or understands the game.

Because most people have done them and dont wanna waste time. As you said in your last paragraph. If you have a league and you play together, you will likely go for feats. You just need to find like minded people for all of that. Looking for randoms in omnibus will not work. As for LFG its a gamble.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

According to many here is you don't have enough 'gud'. They will tell you to 'get gud' and the problem is solely on you to solve.

They won't really give any more info than that, but apparently if someone is 'gud' enough, they can just get into any content they want with people who ALSO want to run the feat, sometimes multiple times (if failed or requiring multiple factors). They can get frequent responses in LFG for old feats...any time of the day...as often as they please.

I'll say 'gud' luck though...as I for one, would acknowledge that no matter how 'gud' an individual is, it won't put 7 other people online and ready to join at the gud player's timetable.
    • Like x 7
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No...it would not but it would put 'need 4 to queue in and leave' or up to 7 even on some runs...back on the table. It also puts PC alt fillers on the table again. So would it make people less selfish? No...but would it make someone less dependent ON selfish people? 100% yes.
    • Like x 4
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So only 6 more people....back to 7 after tomorrow. Feat is in the bag already!
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This was and is also my stance. I'd only ever help on a feat if either A) I needed it (and I could just run it on an alt if I had it on a main...I count that) or B) I know the people that are asking for the help.

I can say that pre-clamp, neither of these things were 100% true, though they helped. And on certain LOOOONG draggy feats, A and/or B might apply. However for most 1 and done feats, if I knew that worst case I could get things done myself, I'd help out many different groups where I had no idea who anyone was. This was including bringing as many fillers as were needed in some cases if they had a few spots they couldn't fill. Randoms kill feats.

Feats like 'chain linked' in Bombshell, I'd done probably 10x before the clamp I'd never EVER throw my hat in on now, unless it was a good buddy asking nicely. It took a long time...most people don't know how it's done...and there's almost no way I could solo it now if it came to it.

Lazy? Maybe. Personally it's for my mental well being more than anything.
    • Like x 4
  16. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

It was sarcasm
    • Like x 1
  17. KidKretz Committed Player

sadly since the stat clamp, i just dont have the time to help others. the "daily chores" and things i want to run (gotta take care of me first) just take up too much time post clamp.

talked about this at great length in other stat clamp threads but the tldr = i could get so much content done in an hour pre-clamp

now thats only 1-2 raids :( (we just had a 28min power core raid and it still didnt pop our feats, i posted it in the bug section) we coulda ran that in 5-8 mins pre clamp...and that was a "long one"

there was time to help ppl out back then,not so much now.

also note too, a lot of new players, least that i have noticed, are not at those high levels still. there is a lot of ppl still low CR in this game. and when they work on feats, guess which ones they want to do first? they start at the beginning, most dont even know what feat you are prob talking about, as that episode is way far out from what they got going on.
    • Like x 3
  18. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Im not against the clamp at all. I enjoy the clamp. But i do see its issues.
    I personally would like to keep the clamp but the amount of stats we are clamped is sometimes very unfair. I for one would like to see it like this:
    Tier 1: 90% clamp (unless you are below a threshold)
    Meaning current content prec players (with an average build) will be at roughly 10l-16k Prec
    Tier 2: 80% clamp (unless you are below a threshold)Meaning current content prec players (with an average build) will be at roughly 25k - 33k Prec
    Tier 3: 70% clamp (unless you are below a threshold)
    Tier 4: 60% clamp (unless you are below a threshold)
    Tier 5: 50% clamp (unless you are below a threshold)
    Tier 6: 40% clamp (unless you are below a threshold)

You get the idea... The more you progress in the game, the less clamp will effect you and you can go back, breeze through the content and get feats and stuff. Sure you are not 1 hitting things, but man, it would be a lot easier.
    Rewards will have to be tuned so you are not spamming the same content in 1min *cough USN cough* for unbelievable amount of marks. I believe there is a 3min cooldown now on them? im not sure, but upping that to 4-5mins to bring inline with current times of running the raid would suffice i suppose.
    • Like x 2
  19. TwilightsInferno1701 Level 30

Woah lol Lot more traction than I was expecting lol I'm not really sure where I stand on stat clamps but it definitely sounds like a problem within the community and something to be addressed. I take it no one has any good ideas though on finding a group to run the raid with?
    • Like x 3
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Hence my point that they should add more incentives and coordinate the bonus weeks better.