Gadget vs Electricity

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mr Gooby, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Mr Gooby New Player

Hello i've been earth since day of release of that DLC, and now i getting bored to it.
    So my question is simple which one isbetter power, dps wise gadgets or electricity? PVE, PVP, melee, range and dueling.
    And please save me from crap like : Use power you like the most or Every power is equal...
    Simple as that, tell me your opinion with reasons.

Thank you.
  2. 13igtyme Devoted Player

My opinion is they are equal. Seriously, just test them they both have quite a few different moves for aoes, single, dots, and burst.
  3. Mr Gooby New Player

in 1v1 do electricity have any chances because imo its pretty much aoe based powwr
  4. 13igtyme Devoted Player

And gadgets is more single target. But that's doesn't mean you can't aoe with gadget or single target with electric.
  5. aganusn New Player

Disregarding the mistakes of the developers and people using exploits, all powers are equal. I honestly haven't run into many great electricity users in PVP, but that was most likely due to them sucking. It seems the problem is there aren't enough electricity users so it seems like the few and far between are only good.

What we see more of is gadgets so it seems like that is best, but there are great lightning users out there.
  6. Toxiic Committed Player

Like aganusn said, there aren't a lot of electricity users and most of them are healers including me :D. There's a T5 electric dps in my league and truthfully he is a terrible dps, I can out dps him in healer gear but that is only because he doesn't know how to clip powers and he uses Ionic Drain which is probably the worst power to have in dps role for electricity. If you know how to play well as electricity you can easily out dps gadgets in single target or AoE.

PvP wise I can tell you static push, electrostatic bomb, and electrocute will be your best friends. Imo its better to melee in dps role as electric for PvP because if you use electrocute you can just stand in it and fight, but if you range people can just lunge out of it at you. I troll as gadgets so i wouldn't know how good it is at dps except from the fact that people say its one of the top dps powers.
  7. ACW37162 Loyal Player

if you pair an eletric DPS with a gadgets DPS a good eletric DPS will out DPS the gadgets only because gadets will electrify enemies for you.

1 V 1 gadgets will an eletric

Eletric is not burst/single damage

the better question is do you want to be a healer or a controller
  8. Ghost_Brotocal New Player

Electric DPS is not that bad. I'm 98 electric dps with 104 sp and regularly beat out other 97 powersets in Nexus/Wave on a consistent basis. You also need to pop remix's on the regular though.
  9. Meta Flare New Player

I think this is because electricity dps is very power hungry if not played right. Electricity is my fav power and I've been one for a while, healer and dps. Most people say they are both power hungry but they don't know how to pace the power. I get my rotation of tesla ball electrocute and eburst off and I have half my bar, then I use pulse beam twice and repeat. I never run out of power.
  10. Bellger New Player

Don't be a troller if you want to pvp. It is hell
  11. DARKKNIGHT New Player

gadgets by far. Gadgets has way better melee. I don't pvp but having a power that does damage while your knocked down and the fact the you can add damage to it by clipping it wit intim as wellas a pi is increadibly good.(especially in 1v1) You also have guass granade which is a strong instant 1k that sets up a pi and can stun if your dom is higher. Gadgets also has the best below 35% power.
    On top of all that they are one of the top of the dps powersets in pve in all situations. Where electric needs either lots of adds or enemies with lots of hp to reach the top.

Thats not what he asked.