Full Water powerset trees (#2)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lynx, Jun 15, 2013.

1. draygorx New Player

Well thought and the trees look awesome
  2. Void The Oblivion Well-Known Player

GREAT JOB !!!, i see no reason why it can't work, unless they say ice, water and nature powers are the same thing.
  3. alternator43 New Player

It's so beautiful, I kind of wish I could send you a vodka through the internet.
    • Like x 2
  4. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Beautiful presentation. After playing the summer event, when you burst those water containers on the ships, you could use that animation but make it slightly bigger for a water based Aoe Dot attack, and or in the Atlantean Outpost event, When Ocean Master retreats to the centre, the water animation that's underneath him is also beautiful and could be used. Which could apply / Spread PI.

Also, I would love this power to have DoT based AM.
  5. YinChakra Dedicated Player

Also, I think this power would be better suited as a troll, Since there are already water controlling elements in the game. I think it's level 25 mission where you fight atleantean beings who can trap / encase you in a oval water shaped bubble, which could be mimicked, as a cc power for trolls? Just a thought
  6. Molsen New Player

It sounds great to me. Supposedly they didn't want water because they already had ice. But in Avatar the last air bender- water benders were also able to control blood, therefore controlling people lol I think they should have a blood tree along with the water. suits villains as well so they'll have both
  7. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

I'm probably wrong, but I don't think it was the Devs that didn't want water as a powerset because we have Ice. If I am remembering correctly. it was the some of the self appointed governors of powersets in the community that didn't want water because of said reason.
    The Devs were stating that they couldn't get decent water animations or something along those lines.
    I, for one, would LOVE a Water based powerset that hopefully would be in the HEALING class!:D
    • Like x 1
  8. Enchantress100000 New Player

Oh this needs to happen! They could easily turn it into an atlantian dlc even give us aquaman and his wife or ocean master as legends lol
  9. No thx New Player

Water is easily comparable to Quantum. controlling quantum mass is by controlling the vacuum space to create movement. that's all we'd be doing with water since you really can't "control" water. Ice is different from water in that it controls refrigeration theory to create temperature difference, not movement difference.

If the idea is the be able to create water from hydrogen/oxygen molecules in the atmosphere, that isn't really aplicable to a superhero that operates in space and etc where those criteria don't exist.

the same can be said for fire, since fire needs oxygen to ignite, but radiation doesnt require ignition for heat. That is also the reason they will not create "atomic" powers, because atomic radiation is what the fire power is

So with that reasoning, the popular opinions for water and atomic will probably not be created, unless they become desperate.

Right now we can assume they will never create another power, because we are now evened out with 4/role. the only real proof towards a new power is that saint walker is using new powers in legends, but they probably wont release that until they have 2 more powers created for the next role balance of 5/role
  10. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

So, lYO Water is Quantum & Atomic is Fire? :eek: Pretty original, because most of naysayers compare Water with lce & Atomic with Quantum. As for "they done with powers":
    • Like x 2
  11. DC-Doll New Player

When they add Water power, there better be a supercharge that douses out the flames of the burning PS3
    • Like x 1
  12. No thx New Player

The only reason they say that is because the words are synonymous, there is no real reason for someone to say ice is like water and quantum is like atomic, none they could give you anyway. i believe my logic is mutlifaceted and proofable
  13. Keiji.Haku Well-Known Player

Not just ques, this should be water in its entirety maybe with a few tweaks. That means a FEW devs not the entire power.
  14. XxFabesxX New Player

They have already said they thought about it, but the visual affects to make it work cant happen on ps3 at all so maybe in the future but not anytime soon
  15. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As far as I know the last "official" word on Water as a power set was a year ago when Mepps said they had no plans for it at that time. It's highly possible they have found a way to make it work by now, and they did just finalise (internally, not publically) the next three powers about a month ago.
    • Like x 1
  16. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

l think (& l hope btw) they will NOT add Water in next 3 powersets. Not saying l dontvont Water or hate it - its very cool power generally, but... Making it Controller or Tank role means guaranteed letdown, because most people want it be Healer power. And we have 2 lantern-based DLC ahead. Devs won't add non-lantern power into lantern-based DLC. And the only role remains for lantern-based power is Healer role. So since Healer role defined for next Lantern-based power - we've only Controller & Tank role for completely unknown & possible any some-kind-of-related powers, which we can hope about.

But NOT making Water as 6-th Healer powerset (after trilogies done & PS3 retired) will be a sin.
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Healer role is not definite for any possible forthcoming Lantern power. It is all rumour and hear'say - there is no concrete evidence whatsoever that we will get another Lantern power. I'm not saying we won't get one, I'm just saying that it's not 100% definite that we will.
  18. DaKrushmor Loyal Player

But filling Controller & Tank role with Lanterns & not filling remaining (& respectively not giving players opportunity to make whole lantern-based teams & leagues, which btw currently exist) will be a sin regarding to lantern fans. Knowing how much they love lantern theme, l doubt they'll do it!
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I am a hardcore Lantern fan, the Lanterns are what brought me to DC Comics in the first place, and I would not consider it a sin.
  20. Keiji.Haku Well-Known Player

Agreed. I think 3 lantern powers is enough actually. Any more and we might as well just call this game DCLUO or DC lantern universe online.