"Flashpoint" option for old alerts mission and raids.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wildcat, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Wildcat Committed Player

Hello again..

I have an idea how to make all old alerts, solos, misions and raids fun again..

Introducing The "Flashpoint option" to all old alert and raids, solos, duos, missions...

So how this "Flashpoint option" looks like?

Future Flash and Future Reverse Flash ask You to help recover something from the past... Don't tell anyone you re from the future!

[IMG] [IMG]

Option is available only for players CR250+
    Rewards:
    NTH Metal, Stabilizers, Rare collections, Rare styles, Gear 250+, Auras, Materials, Marks, etc....
    - from old capsules or old content etc? feats..

Optional setting:
    CR scaling, on/off if You want to fell like a player on 16+ lvl

[IMG]

at the end of the mission You will get an item or collection You need to recover for the Future Flash or Future Reverse Flash etc..

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

That is not a bad idea at all :D

It opens up a whole pile of the "older" content to higher CR players giving them something to do besides the 2-3 DLCs that currently still actually give them mission where they can earn much of anything. Also gives a player a chance to go back and work on one or two older feats they may have missed out out leveled before completing. I approve this message LOL <--- yeah like anyone cares if I approve
    • Like x 1
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

This...this I like.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dub T Well-Known Player

I like the concept! The only issue I can see is how taxing it would for the devs to create and implement your idea. Other than that, I vote yes!
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fine idea, as many of the ideas put forth before this to make old content 'relevant' again (meaning we'd get stuff from them) have been. Unfortunately it has the same 2 issues most of the others do as well. 1) Coding. Someone needs to design this new system and then test it and implement it. We've got devs to busy to figure out why drones won't come out of a room in Saving Justice or why 1/2 a group of people will disappear as you enter the PC raid. That's not even including the various costume glitches people are always on about and the random lag or 'cant log in' issues that pop up on occasion. And that's finding things they already know about...not debugging totally new code with it's own set of issues. 2) Money. The main reason why these requests go up is to get rewards (hey...I want them too), which means less replays sold...less stabilizers sold...no-one buying source marks or catalysts from the MP.

Not saying that something like this can't be implemented but you are basically asking for DI to do a lot of work that will equal a loss in revenue. You'd have to put something in it to balance things out, like the only way to get to the Flashpoint missions is to use a special cosmic treadmill that you BUY in the MP....or the the reward is in a treasure box only opens with keys that can be purchased as well.

The way I'd see something like this working is if it used something already coded and tested (like the 'raid the universe' thing with a 1 time contract collected over various content) or if it generated NEW revenue. Either that or it would be a long time in the concept-coding-testing-deploy process, worked on in the background when time permits.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

love it.

one of the ideas i had would require using an obscure villain "barter" from Hawk and Dove or the Scavenger from Superboy to send us on missions into older content to retrieve items for them with pretty much the same option to scale it to end game difficulty or keep things where they are.
    • Like x 1
  8. Wallachia Devoted Player

Awesome idea.

+1
  9. Wildcat Committed Player

If not Flash and Reverse Flash, maybe this guy?
    [IMG]