Flashpoint Batman NPC revealed on twitter!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

There is gonna be an Atlantean Flagship (like in the comics with Captain Atom as Metahuman Bomb) bigger and new, or just the same ol´ Summer event generic ships recolored?

Still optimistic about World of Flashpoint, but i hope to see a higher quantity of new assets instead of recolored old ones.
    • Like x 2
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

Exciting!
    • Like x 2
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I am excited to visit new Themyscira but I'm less enthusiastic about this screen. The geometry and lighting/shading is looking very rudimentary in this scene. That Atlantean ship is also way past its expiration date and a little part of me wilts inside every time I see it show up on a map.
    • Like x 4
  4. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Yup, seems like a missed opportunity to update some assets like the Atlantean ships for example. I was hoping for something more like this:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is also what I was hoping for.
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Hmmm. Tempted to think this is a second open world, but it’s probably specific to an instance.
    • Like x 2
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

See the mostly invisible barrier at the base of the buildings? This is more than likely an instance.
    • Like x 4
  8. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

I wish they added more atmospheric variations like storms and rain.
    • Like x 5
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Enlarging the picture, I see an entire forcefield dome over the whole city/whatever. So yeah, probably instanced.
    • Like x 2
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah a weather system could be fun. I doubt they'd do a night and day cycle because Gotham gotta be night and dark and gloomy and all (though it is kinda weird having these two cities that are cannonically right next to each other be at such different times of day lol), but a weather one could work. Only issue is how some particular pockets of the cities that are designated for particular quest lines have their own weather like a bit of rain over here and a thick blanket of fog over there (can look kinda weird flying over it lol) and of course the Gotham Mercy Hospital area Mr. Freeze has all frozen over. Gotham in particular. It's kinda wild how drastic and instant a lot of these shifts are, too. It's like how my mom talks about Ireland and going to the backyard and getting rained on and going to the front yard and getting clear skies.
  11. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

New screenshot revealed!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I spy with my little eye Deathstroke's pirate ship.
    • Like x 4
  13. Wildcat Committed Player

Just wonder if there will be Flash and Zoom in this DLC.... or they only use the name of comic series
    WW and Aquaman stuff all over again

No Flash/Zoom, no Grifter, no Captain Atom, no Thunder and more [...] flashpoint characters missing in flashpoint? ;) let's see the livestream :rolleyes:

[IMG]
    pic from DCUO twitter
  14. Ice Lynx Dedicated Player

I think we'll see Flash and some others. Batman's there too. We'll have open world, duo, alert and two raids, plenty of room for everyone.
    I mean... it also kinda continues Attack of the Anti-Monitor stuff.

• Like x 1
  15. Eve Creator League, YouTuber

Thanks for posting the screenshot, I went to sleep before I Could post it lol
    And I wouldn't jump to conclusions before seeing the stream tbh.
    • Like x 1