Flapping in the Night is the Best Race You've Ever Made

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AV, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

It wasn't and it didn't. It was a new race that T'Lantern and I talked about doing back in Shattered Gotham when he wanted to learn how to do races. Wasn't time then but I had the idea to expand activities in Halloween and to do a vampire bat race. He did the race layout and placement, Oceans and I did some of the FX changes, I did the transform trinkets, Ranmaru did the email reward hookup, T'Lantern did the feats, and our narrative designer wrote the Black Alice emails. It takes a village. Or an asylum. We wanted to do power ups and bombs but didn't have time. Maybe next year we'll be able to add to it.
    • Like x 15
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I stand corrected and appreciate the reply! :O

In a side comment, when with Ranmaru get to be part of the Dev Tracker? :O
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The fastest time I’ve gotten was 1:05:xx on control (no scuff control). The biggest issue I’ve had has been making sharp turn like PC can do lol. Doesn’t help that I had an injury to my left hand this past week (while at work naughty naughty people -_-). I’m curious what control players are doing to get faster times
  4. Not Lowtie Level 30

The best time I’ve been able to pull off so far is a 56.8. I found that using a claw grip with my right hand to press the X button works pretty well. Also I plan my next ring out in advance like swing a little wide so I can hit them. I’m still 2 seconds behind a league mate that uses controller and not sure I could get any closer.
    • Like x 1
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Some of the turns I can get okish lol. I guess I gotta get used to doing the race without getting out of speed flight. I always end up leaving speed turning and going into speed since I haven’t been able to do the sharp turns. Some of the turns I can do just fine without leaving the speed. I use the race car maneuvers of entering a turn on the outside as I turn to make the turn. Doing this I can enter the ring while I’m turning to get into the next ring. But I have issues doing this on turn that are up and down instead of left and right lol. And I can’t seem to do it in the turn that goes up then left and then right between the building tops.

Then again, I haven’t really been practicing either lol. I have just been doing it while I do my seasonal dailies then stopping lol. So I guess I can’t say much since I don’t actually practice either XD. Having an injured wrist sure doesnt help lol
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I tried it on switch but gave up after getting silver..switch pro controller is not very good for this one it seems.
    • Like x 1
  7. Not Lowtie Level 30

I’m not that dedicated to practicing, I just run it for my daily. The only time I leave fast movement is up the first tower. Once you figure out that part you’ll be solid.
    • Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I like it.

The dead stop when you touch anything took a little getting used. Otherwise it has a bit of a challenge but is pretty forgiving if you make a mistake.

I also would like to move that all season races past and future get a portal right next to the seasonal quest giver. Seems small but when you're running a few in a row the little things help.
    • Like x 2
  9. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I agree, we need more Races in the game with new rewards, If Dcuo was to treat races like Legends, then it could work as a future activity to do when you're done with dailies etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I got Gold today.
    • Like x 1
  11. AV Loyal Player

Any insight as to why the Robinson Park SS race went away way back?
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Is there a reason that this is a multiplayer race (like a technical reason) vs a solo race. As we can see here people like setting up personal bests and all that entails is beating a clock, not other people. As there is no results card, what is the point of having it be a multiplayer (which requires the 30 second delay) vs a solo (which requires the 5 second delay...and which it basically is anyway)...if not a technical restriction? It adds no value in gameplay if there is no actual 'finish' to the race

I'm 100% fine with the race and have fun (if sometimes getting frustrated scraping some branch or fence), but the 30 seconds standing there 10-12 times a day is kind of annoying.
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I would love them to drop it to 10 seconds maximum. I have started it and only had to wait 6-8 seconds a few times because someone else already triggered it. Those start times are much nicer.
  15. Panderus Senior Producer

I think you mean it's driving people... batty.
    • Like x 6
  16. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Finally got my time down to 56 seconds on a control. I almost had a 55 sec but my camera glitched out and turned me the opposite direction costing me the race sadly
    • Like x 1
  18. AV Loyal Player

Got 49.6 running through my alts' seasonals today. Pre-turning just before the edge of the circles helps a lot. Not sure if 49.5 is possible but I'm guessing .5 or .6 are the fastest possible non-zoom times.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. OmegaSpayd New Player

Has anyone else been having an issue where when you go through one of the circles your slowed down to a walking speed?
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This seems to be an issue with the 'transformed' races...V day does it too. It does appear that phasing will correct it, I found this out earlier in this event. Previously I'd just log off and back on, but you can drop out of the race and then phase to another phase and it seems to correct it. Not sure why though.
    • Like x 1