Test Discussion Episode 41: Pet Vendor and Iconic Weapon Styles

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yep - everything listed will be out in EP41.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

3. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Any chance of adding Joker drops to Robot Joker as well?
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes and Robot and Batman also has the Batman weapons.
    • Like x 5
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Huntress's weapons will be in her iconic solo?
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

That and or villains have that Tier 1 solo where they beat Huntress, so maybe there.
    • Like x 1
  7. Charon Lead Content Designer

Wherever you fight her where she is a boss level NPC. Including Flashpoint Huntress in Flashpoint Gotham.
    • Like x 8
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Are these weapons intended to be available in Style Unlocking, or will each character have to obtain them separately? :confused:
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes. they cost 50 replay badges to unlock.
    • Like x 6
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I had a thought. I don’t think that style is available for DW, which is how Manta uses them. Maybe that’s something you could do in the meantime.
  11. Charon Lead Content Designer

I want to add some DW and maybe DP weapon combos and other various weapons that players haven't seen, ever, or are reserved to just basic NPCs (not iconics) on a special vendor but it may not happen until post 41. I don't think these daggers are worthy of "iconic" but definitely worthy on putting on that vendor. Spoiler - it'll be Lady Shiva who sells them.
    • Like x 8
  12. Eve YouTuber

She sells the iconic weapons or just non-iconic ones?
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh man that is NICE. The iconic weapons are cool, don’t get me wrong, but what I really want is some of the non-iconic npc weapons. I believe I already mentioned the Savage mercenary smgs but there’s others too. I can compile a list of things if you like? It’ll have stuff I remember other people asking for as well.
    • Like x 1
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Yes! More info the better.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Just non-iconic. And while there are some cool entire sets out there that are rarer (demon weapons, brainiac, artifact, etc.) those few sets will remain in our back pocket for future episode drops. The odd one offs that just don't exist for players are what I'm planning on adding to her though, over time.

She'll also sell other things sooner though. That should hopefully be available this weekend for review.
    • Like x 5
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

If I don't confuse anything, then those pets that drop in the content before will continue to drop, do I remember correctly?
    Perhaps you can then add "Paradox gazer" 2 and 3 tiers as a very rare drop from already present open world bosses, for example, the same paradox princes in the open world (Age of Justice, World of Flashpoint)
    I don’t know if such a solution would be acceptable for you, but it would make life easier for new players and new alts ...
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

Funny. I'm actually doing this right now. To some extent. So existing drops still exist. I increased their drop rate to normalize to the drop rates in EP40 pets (so about 5 percent). The new ones are dropping in content they are associate with, where it makes sense. Examples:

• Snake Turret - False Idols Raid 1 in Metal 1 (tier 2 and 3 for normal and elite)
    • Vampire Bat - Darkness Rising Alert in Justice League Dark (only tier 2 as there is no Elite version)
    • Controlled Starro - Threat Below Raid in Deluge (tier 2 and 3 for normal and elite)
    • Atlantean Seahorse - The Throne Raid in Atlantis (tier 2 and 3 for normal and elite)
    Etc.
    They have feats tied to them similar to Nightmare Bat and Brainiac Turret in Flashpoint where either pet counts towards the feat. These can be traded and sold on broker, etc.
    • Like x 6
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Here’s an initial list. :D I can’t do pictures so I’ll give you a little write up, and I’ll add more as I find/remember them.

Bane levelling mission: Juicer/Street Soldier/Venom Agent/Lieutenant Rifle
    It’s this enormous drum-fed thing. Most of them are around the shipyards by the Lighthouse.

Hive levelling mission (villain): Lexcorp Saboteur Rifle
    A lot of NPCs use this rifle actually, but this was the first example I found looking around. It’s just a fairly normal, but surprisingly detailed machine gun, with sights, small barrel extension, and stuff.

Flashpoint Gotham: Joker Goon One Handed
    Again, this model with this small knife has appeared in many, many places over the years, but this is the most recent and therefore the first one that comes to mind. A few people have requested this one because it’s a smaller, more realistic knife than any we have available currently, which are enormous things that border on being machetes.
    • Like x 1
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I love you for making these tradable. I was super worried about availability for less skilled players such as myself. :D
    • Like x 1
  20. Sammy Well-Known Player

Please do not lock tier 3 pets behind elite.

Its not fair. or at least make them tradeable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.