Earth Revamp!?!?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by OMNiPoT3NT, Dec 17, 2013.

1. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

Earth is an awesome power that is a lot of fun to play. There's a lot of bad parts to it though. It isn't anywhere close to the damage put out as other powers. And with after shocking you basically empty your power bar in seconds.

I'm perfectly fine with the damage the power does I'm not complaining in any way about that but I have a suggestion to make earth a little more efficient.

For all powers that can be after shocked it should cost the full power for the first use, 3/4 for for aftershock, 1/2, for second, 1/4 for the rest.

So say it costs 150 power to cast a power that can be aftershocked it'll be 150, 112, 75, 37.5, 37.5, 37.5 and so on until it reaches the max aftershock or for unlimited ones it's until they run out of power or decide to stop. Now these percentages could always be changed to make it the most balanced and not OP.

It can't be free to aftershock because there'd be no way to stop certain moves.
    They could also implement something like after the 10th aftershock it's vulnerable to interrupt if that's what's needed to balance things.

Classes such as hard light and celestial have a huge advantage with casting higher power moves and performing combos for absolutely no power cost. This addition to earth would be an easy fix and could level out the playing field. It also creates a hybrid between combos and regular powers by making it less power consuming but the multiple aftershocks brings in something like combos.

This is off topic but I'd love to see a new weapon, boomerang! Kind of a hybrid range/melee. Would anyone else like this? Or any other ideas?

Hopefully the devs see this and the earth community likes and supports this. Have a happy holiday season everyone!
    • Like x 20
  2. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

3. Poetic Play Committed Player

Earth is the red-headed step child of the game. Poor Earth.
    • Like x 11
  4. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

All they have to do is reduce the power it uses and it'll be normal
  5. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

Basing a dps' whole play style around one move is never a good thing. Earth could use plenty of things, but Jackhammer is probably the best off thing Earth currently has.
    • Like x 2
  6. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

I'm not basing earth off anystyle I'm trying to improve it so that it can keep up with other styles
  7. risingtide New Player

He was refering to how the devs based the powerset off of Jackhammer for dpsing. Its pretty much impossible to dps without using that move.

The main issue with Earth is its not really supposed to be played as a Prec Powerset like people think despite having all the signs of being prec. Its more of a hybrid but the damage doesn't reflect that either. Rumblecrush is the only way to apply the crushed affect AoE yet is so glitched and I have no clue why they devs haven't fixed it yet. They did it for Ice and Fire but left out Earth when it came to the object in the hand fix. Totem also feels like it should be in every loadout but its long cast time combined with its inability to stack keep it from really shining.

• Totem: Reduce cooldown and allow for 2 out at a time
    • Rumblecrush: Make drop from the sky instead of spawn in your hand
    • Switch Striking Stones with Totem to make totem a 35% modifier and Striking Stones a 45% modifer(this helps make the crushed dots not always be weak because of their low modifiers)
    • Increase some of the Might Based dots strength
    • Like x 4
  8. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Jack hammer isn't a dps's main move. If you spam jackhammer, you will always do less damage than a weapon combo clipped with any damage power.
    • Like x 4
  9. risingtide New Player

Your right and Earth DPSes main move is Reinforce and spam one handed because they have nothing better.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all powers dont need a revamp and there probably wont be any more they only reason for the revamps was to correct issues with animations causing bugs and a few power changes that once put in practice didnt work as planned.
    Im sure powers will be tweeked from time to time but the revamps are done
  11. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

It's not a huge change just that the aftershocks use less power it's nothing huge and it'll just make it more efficient for pvp. Earth power bar empties so fast
  12. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

What I mean is just worrying about after shocks is not the best way to fix Earth.
  13. kajutsu New Player

Aftershocks shouldn't use any power like others comboed attacks.
    I don't named that a revamp but a fix.
    Nobody can complain that jackhammer will be infinite because there is infinite combo (with mobility) as HL .
    • Like x 3
  14. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

But it is one way to improve it a lot

I guess I should have called it a fix but na I don't want it to be no power at all everyone will want to be earth but it should use a lot less power plus we don't want it to be no power like HL because we don't want to be interrupted.
  15. Proto1118 Committed Player

Powers/Aftershocks just need to consume less energy and a couple of tweaks to the current powers (Ex. Rumblecrush and Striking Stones need a faster animation). Any other improvement would be welcomed.
  16. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

I
    I agree but I'm not getting greedy just the small change of us using less power on aftershock would improve earth A LOT
  17. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Jackhammer was always counter-able and interruptible so it being an infinite could only occur in very limited circumstances.

I would like to earth;

Reducing aftershock costs by 50 to 75 %
    Increase the speed/animation of the whirlwind aftershock power (cant remember the name)
    Give a couple of more powers aftershock ability
    - localized tremor
    - debris field (each aftershock increases amount of debris causing more damage)
    Cap all aftershocks at three and increase the damage formula
    - when you cap them at three remove the ability to be blocked and hard stun - this is more for the tanking side)

I like these ideas for both the tanking and DPS side, the after shocks would help the DPS side as well as the lower post and increased damage from changing the damage formula.

The added after shocks would give aftershock tanks more option.

If you wanted to get real crazy you could add aftershocks to sand blast for precision damage on a finisher, that would be something cool especially with reinforce buff
    • Like x 1
  18. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

3 is to small of a cap we still wouldn't be able to keep up with other powers. Maybe 6 max no chance of interrupt or 8 Max with a 25% chance to interrupt.
  19. Dogico Loyal Player

Definitely need more aftershockable powers. I think Epicenter would be a good one to make aftershockable, as of right now it does nothing but pull (Fire's Backdraft pulls, heals, and pops up). I forget who said it but I really like the idea of instead of making Striking Stones faster like a lot of people ask for, make it a bit slower and a 60% damage modifier. A true ranged aftershockable power would be more than welcome as well.
  20. OMNiPoT3NT New Player

I like the striking stones idea a lot! Didn't even think of that. I really only want the aftershocks to be power reduced. I think earth needs a good bit of work. But the little changes will be most appreciated