Dual Wield Charge Double Throw (Worse)..

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Helping Hand, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

How are you wrong so often? I mean seriously, it's impressive at this point.

Rifle grenade = 1.1 damage constant (the value that is multiplied by your dps)
    2h is a 3.92 (over triple and much over double rifle grenade).

2h also can't be clipped much (can save a tenth of a second or two), but rifle can. That's very true. But, don't clip either. Well now you have 2h being basically the same and if you jump cancel exactly the same DPS. Where Rifle becomes very very mediocre.

So if you say were out of power, or wanted to play very conservatively.... what would you go with? well 2h of course. It loses no strength when you don't clip it with a power. That can be quite useful.

And what the devs say isn't some divine commandment, they have been wrong MANY times, they have done things that people go "WTF!" and then they change. If you want to believe they are infallible gods among men, go for it, but I think even they'd agree that they are human and are prone to making mistakes.
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

@Jeebie

Jeebie, you can post all the numbers you want, you can say I am wrong all you like as well. The fact is there is a reason everyone is using Rifle and DW right now. Those two reasons are Rifles grenade, and DWs charged throw because they are clearly out of line compared to the other 9 weapons. It's pretty easy to see in game. ;)

I know you would rather have the broken abilities stay and everything buffed to the broken abilities level, but as I have said before it's not practical from a business perspective and they risk further unbalancing. I know you don't agree with the devs, but many of us have faith in their decisions. I never said they were perfect and do not make mistakes, I mean clearly DWs charged throw damage and Rifles grenade are mistakes. However, usually when they fix things it is done correctly, like PD for example. :)
  3. GodNema Well-Known Player

Oh and on the note of weapons being viable, some excel in pvp while others excel in pve, with that said you cant expect every weapon to be on equal standing in every situation, that would just be stupid and wouldnt give each weapons its own sense of uniqueness. Oh and you cant expect a pistol to be the equivalent to a grenade launcher just saying.
    • Like x 1
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

:rolleyes: So again you admit that you don't know the details and are simply asking for a nerf call...

Add Handblasters Solar Flame to the list then, it's right in there with those 2 attacks.

Nerf it.

Ohh and Meteor since it's only slightly behind Solar Flame.
  5. Giggles Loyal Player

@Jeebie

Jeebie I fully understand how these things work, that is why I am posting about them being out of line and the devs needing to take a look at them. The fact still remains that DW and Rifle are out of balance when compared to the other 9 weapons, and buffing the other 9 weapons up to the level of these 2 broken abilities is certainly not the answer. Nothing is going to change those facts. :)
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

That's why you make false claims like 4-5 rifle shots in 2s being done?

Or that 2-3 rifle grenades is more damage than 2h.

YOu've been wrong on any actual fact that you've tried to present.
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

@Jeebie

The fact a right tap can come close, and even match a hold means something is wrong. No other right tap in the game does as much damage as Rifles, and no other right tap is an AoE like Rifles. Clearly out of balance. The OP showed in his video how out of line DW is compared to other weapons.

Sorry but it is you who is wrong here. The only person making false claims in this thread is you, by pretending nothing is wrong with DW charge throw after viewing the video evidence in the OP, and denying Rifles right tap, is the single best right tap in this game. The fact that it is an AoE, and damage and rate of fire make it as good as any right hold, except DWs of course. :)
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

@ Giggles, please enlighten me, find me a quote of me giving an incorrect fact. I think i've been pretty spot on, that I don't agree with your opinion is not an issue of facts, it's an issue of opinions. Difference is I've supported mine with facts, you've supported yours with... repetition?

And again, I'll say don't forget HB Solar Flame/Meteor.

As for my forum gif... I haven't logged into the game in a couple days. But hey, I like contradictions, like juicy solids, and scotch koreans.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Like everyone has said for the billionth time, DW damage is not the problem; DW splitting after 3 is the problem.
  10. Giggles Loyal Player

@Karasawa

That hold damage for DW is a problem. DWs charged throw can hit a single target for over 8k, that is most definitely a problem. No weapon even comes close to that kind of damage. Again that is a single target hit, that has nothing to with splits. Although splitting damage is also a problem with DW, so is it charged holds base damage. ;)

@Jeebie

I have given facts about each of my arguments. You just do not like the facts I am providing. The best part about my facts is anyone can go into the game and see and test for themselves everything I am talking about. Those who are honest, know I am right. Those like you who insist on everything being brought up to a broken skill or mechanics power will not admit the truth.

Anyone who doubts me can sign into the game and look around to see what most people are using. I can assure you the answer is DW and Rifle. There is a specific reason for that, and that reason is they are clearly out of balance. All exploits get fixed eventually, and I have complete faith in the devs to correct imbalances. :)
  11. GodNema Well-Known Player

Giggles you realize dw hits upwards of 8k because of the change they've done to prec buffs and the fact ppl can attain over 5k prec....not to mention the extra prec from weapon dps. IF YOU SEE ANY TYPE OF IMBALANCE IN THE GAME ITS BECAUSE OF THE STATS THE NEW GEAR HAS AND THE %BUFF ON PREC BUFFS. SO ESSENTIALLY ASK FOR A NERF ON PREC BUFFS?OR A BUFF ON MIGHT BUFFS???
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

LOL

The devs have failed at balancing things many time and there's lots of examples of that. So I'll stick to my opinion that they can make mistakes too, I don't hold it against them, there's a bunch of us playing an experiencing the game how it is, and only so many of them with so much time. I just hope they can listen to reason, and I have faith they will even if they do make mistakes sometimes.

And again, put HB in there too, it's just as popular as DW/Rifle. I know it's my prefered weapon for non combo powersets. DW is too inturruptable and too risky, HB is nice consistant damage at a quicker interval and a very comparable DPS on 1-2 mobs (3 DW gets the split increase which IS out of balance). Incomplete charge blast into solar flame clipped, ohh so sweet, and it has been since they made Charged/Solar flame AE back in t4.

Those who have a functional understanding of the game, will know you're full of it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Giggles Loyal Player

@Godnema

That 8k hit was in parallax gear in synthetic mods, no buff sodas. That is far from normal. No other weapon hits that hard.

@Jeebie

It definitely is not the first time everyone flocked to a broken weapon. DW hits far harder than any other weapon, I have tested this countless times on test in parallax gear with synthetic mods and no buff sodas, and even shown others who questioned me, and the fact a charged hold can hit 2 targets for upwards of 13k, and hit a single target for a bit over 8k is a bit ridiculous.

Rifles grenade is also better consistent consistent damage than any other weapon as it is only a right tap which can be clipped with anything. Rifle grenade can consistently hit for over 1k and its an aoe. No other right tap in this game hits as hard and is an aoe. It is obviously out of line as well.

Every exploit gets fixed eventually. :)
  14. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

:rolleyes:

Devs you're smart enough to know not to listen to this right? I believe you are.
    • Like x 1
  15. Karasawa Loyal Player

The damage is fine. And why aren't you including HB? Everyone knows the current trifecta is rifle/HB/DW.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ths-a-comparison-of-all-weapons-in-dcuo.4075/

Shiny mackerel has done the work already so you don't need to give your own out of context numbers. DW only hits .66 harder than 2H, both animations can be clipped late with the only difference being how many targets it splits at. HB can be clipped much faster at about a second and is almost half as strong. HB's solar flame is a staple for ranged damage and the community agrees that we should be focusing on the useful weapon attacks to balance everything else out.
    • Like x 2
  16. DG-MOD-04 New Player

I am going to go ahead and lock this one up as the discussion has become non constructive. Please keep the forum guidelines in mind when posting in the future.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.