DLC9: Assault and Battery Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I was on a PUG team that managed to reach the last boss on hero side. I'm glad most members on that team were willing to listen to instructions. Here is feedback on a couple of parts:

Metropolis Ground Assault:
    -I can almost solo the first objective as a controller. I fly over top the canister, land, and make sure not to get aggro. I activate the canister, use Distract, pick up the Canister, fly straight up, and supersonic to the dropoff point. Having a tank along makes things a little easier. He can pull the mob groups off of you if you mess up.
    -The "Teleport to Ranx" objective really needs to be changed to something else. That just keeps confusing people on the teams I join. I had to keep telling the Ground Assault members not to fly off to the North Side. Perhaps "Interact with South Ranx Teleporter" would work better.

Maze Portion:
    -I tried explaining this section ahead of times, but it took about 5-6 wipes before it started sinking on how the section was supposed to work.
    -I stayed in the switch area with a dps. I would encase any adds that showed up and he would finish them off. I activated the switches while the rest of the team was in the maze. It took a lot of yelling to get everyone to work together in the maze portion.

Final Boss:
    -We didn't get past this part. We lost two people after a couple of wipes. It took 30 minutes to find replacements.
    -I was trying to position all of the Manhunters on the western side of the room, but the tank and other controllers were giving me some issues. Sometimes the tank would do an AoE pull and pull the Manhunters into the party group. Sometimes the other controllers would pull the Manhunters into the main party group or even on top the pedestals.

The Maze and Final boss section requires a lot of cooperation. There could be issues if your party members speak different languages.
    • Like x 3
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Last Part and Pug Groups:

I've run one and we couldnt finish it for different reasons:

- Target Switch: DPSers never knew when to switch to the tank/bottles on left and right side. The information bottom right isnt enough, there needs to be a red warning right in front of their nose. But as said on an earlier post its also hard to track if they can be destroyed or not since they don't stand out as much as on the villain version.
    - Hank Henshaw: I think his breakout isnt tonned down yet so have to see in future. However when he breaks out its a one-shot with item level 90 gear! You barely can block him cause you never see him break out in the heat of the battle. He also has no skull on his head when he considers to do it. There is simple no sign of it and we talk about a one-shot mechanic. This needs to be changed cause it has nothing to do with skill, its a save death for the person farest away atm!

Something about the first room and splitting:
    We had only 1 healer (me). None of the DPSers had a healer powerset as off-role. So in future it will be calls for 1 healer powerset DPS who needs to have armories (elitism ahead!). So what we did was after first room 2 trollers and a dps + the healer went for Ranx. Tank, 2 DPS and Controller to Metro. The Metro Squad died a lot but they could finish it with some nice high repair costs However to have an option that one person could go back to Metro AFTER they finished their boss fight would be awesome. When I teleport back to the Mogo C.C. there is on the right the porter back to Ranx the other on the left is empty. Can't be that one used for teleporting to Metro and only being active when the boss on Ranx has been killed?
  3. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Ok for the first boss. Every pug group i been in says kill Bleeze first when we have Atrocitous (however you spell it) is almost dead. Is there a reason we need to kill Bleeze first?
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

As long as Bleez is alive, Atrocitus will keep respawning with ~25% health every time he is killed.
    • Like x 1
  5. Vexedbit Well-Known Player

Ok not gonna make many friends with this one but....

In the first part of Ranx at the Robot, once the Metro crew is in Ranx, they can Warp to Rally and are able to join the Ranx crew to fight the robot. Just need to have 1 person from the Metro crew to stay to keep the mist. We discovered this because the door for the Ranx crew remained locked after we wiped (just the 4 of us). So we went back to Mogo, then came back, which fixed the door issue.

Also on the last door of the maze that leads to the switch (east end heading north), I was able to walk through the door as if it wasn't there.
    • Like x 2
  6. Millbarge Developer

Fixed the issue where you could walk through the final door of the maze.
    Fixed an issue where you could get the Four Corners feat after the maze was completed.
    Streamlined the infusion process in Metropolis.

Updated the original post with these changes.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Just a quick feedback on the latest changes in that 8men Op:

All changes are working now but the best thing is that the last boss fight feels much better to be coordinated even when Hank breaks out it seems to be he is coming back to the tank on his own rather just jumping around in the back for a while. We had 3 break outs in the entire fight which is fairly good amount now. I think the number got cut in half. However much much better now regardless of the fact that its stil la guess game when he does it. I wish it would be like a skull attack indicated or smth.

Anyway, I do like it as how it is now. Easily doable for pugs too and this is prob what you guys aim for.
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

the devs hate trollers clearly
  9. thelostczarnian New Player

im sorry but those raids pre-nerf nearly killed the game. the playerbase has clearly spoken out against range only raids
    • Like x 1
  10. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for the feedback - We'll discuss the possibility of telegraphing when Hank is about to break loose.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 3
  11. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

muahaha have fun heroes.. that's how ninja/future are for vills in nexus, they jump without any real warning.

But now that I finishing chuckling, yeah there really should be warnings on those kinds of attacks like there is for general in hero Nex.
    • Like x 1
  12. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I've only had a couple of test runs of A&B so far, but I agree with most of what has been said so far, particularly about cues for the end fight. Aside from that, I have a few little quality-of-life suggestions for the instance so far.

1. When Atrocitus & Bleeze are up, there should be a lower-right hand corner message telling you that Bleeze is a priority target, the first few times we fought this, no one knew until someone finally mentioned it after two wipes.
    2. The Maze portion can be a little difficult to gauge when you are the 'clicking' character, because the mini-map bleeds off the top right section of the maze, making tracking the rest of the team's progress more reliant on guesswork. I'd rather not see instances require voice-chat for coordination, and think that either some kind of progress message might be nice, or simply scaling the displayed minimap at that point so the whole maze shows up could be cool too.
    3. The final fight has some very odd issues with targeting going on. Tubes will not zero-in on reticule until you are almost point-blank upon them. The reticule will stay locked-in on destroyed tubes unless you cycle the targeting function. I recommend changing the tubes from inanimate destructable objects into lockable "enemy npc's" like the FOS2 tentacles, so that more reliable target locks can be obtained. When the manhunters spawn, they also seem to have some delays in being locked-on, requiring me to maneuver to right on top of them, rather than cycling targets from within the length of the room. These seem to be specific issues with targeting in this instance, as I don't recall normally having these problems in other instances. If there are some undocumented ninja changes to targeting in this update, it might be helpful to know if targeting in general is being addressed.
    I'll be testing some more this week, hopefully... and get back with more feedback.
  13. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Not sure if this is intended or not. But on the Villain side OP when the part to split comes up and we're suppose to go to Mogo/Metro the whole group went to Mogo 1st and killed the Sub-Boss; Then doubled back to metro and did the Sub-Boss there. After which we all returned to Mogo to find out we had to yet again kill that same Sub-Boss we had already killed? So 3 Bosses and only get loot once?
  14. Millbarge Developer

The subboss and in Metropolis and Mogo are on the same loot list. This is because half of the group should go to Metropolis while the other group heads to Mogo. Both subbosses drop the same loot. Everyone leaving an instance will cause that instance to shut down after a period of time which is likely the reason you had everything respawn when you returned to Metropolis.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  15. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

We had an issue today where we couldn't talk to Sinestro after we beat Kyle Rayner. The dial didn't appear over Sinestro's head and Kyle just stayed on the ground. We ended up disbanning instance and just starting it over again. Haven't had it happen again. Not sure if it was a one time thing or not.

Villain USPS
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

I've run this a couple of times on USPC (hero side) thus far and in each time Sinestro's spinning move in the final fight cannot be Blocked. Damage is reduced, but he can't be stunned (ie: combat mechanics). Is this intentional?
  17. BigAl Devoted Player

Came across an issue where a spot on the floor in the final room (hero) caused players to be stuck and unable to move or use powers. Happened to 2-3 players and it caused wipes. I've dropped a circle on roughly the area in question.
    [IMG]

Also. Does the yellow mist have an affect on the final fight? If not, then why are we stuck with the annoying stuff until we're done???:p
    • Like x 1
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Two times last night, Hank seemed to spawn and then immediately zip to one of the players and one-shot him. We ended up finishing, but it was annoying. Is this intended? Hadn't seen it happen that quickly before. There always used to be at least a little delay after he spawned.
  19. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Was it his melee combo? I see Saint Walker do it a lot, where he just goes "hey i'm gonna go punch your healer!" and once he starts the combo he will not change targets till it's completed.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Honestly, it happened so fast, when he did it to me, that I didn't even see what he did. It was like he spawned, immediately teleported to me, and I was dead.