DLC8 power- Celestrial Confirmed- Holy & Dark powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Azrael, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Zpirit Dedicated Player

LOL
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

I love the sound of Celestial. Having a good balance of burst and HoT where the amount of healing is tied to your damage out? Sounds very much like a Paladin. Me likey!
  3. Azrael New Player

confirmed-

two sets of gear that can be brought with MoR

one set for heroes / another for villains

you can get that set for opposing of faction by doing the weekly bounty
  4. Flash New Player

Where was this confirmed?
    All I heard about gear was we're getting 4 new styles, one is a Raven new52 inspired style that looks awesome.(according to spytle) yet to see it..
  5. Azrael New Player

in trexlight channel - at 4EST .
  6. Zpirit Dedicated Player

What is the name of the style with the halo over the hood?
  7. BomombRook New Player

Same feeling towards celestial. I get tired that I tend to be the only healer using my weapon and I like to dish out damage whenever I can, this power would make it even more fun to do. First day I started playing dcuo I hoped they would add a angelic/demonic type of power and a halo, and finally they did. Also glad there is finally a use for the hawk wings(for the whole angel look).
    • Like x 1
  8. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Yup yup.
  9. SuperiorMouse New Player

i'm really glad that the powerset has no relationship to Darkness / Shadows like Raven's powers. initially that's what i suspected, but hearing that it's Spectre inspired makes me more open to it. I am impressed with the combo mechanic between the two trees though and i'm looking forward to that. I'd still like to see more though since the visuals still look very Diablo III Azrael to me. still not in the supportive camp unfortunately.
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Exalted.
  11. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Do you know how we are suppose to get it?
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's probably the reward you get for doing whatever opens up after you finish the dailies (like in Home Turf), but they haven't officially said that so don't quote me on it.
  13. renzhe New Player

No...... please no.... o_O :(

Still have yet to complete opposite faction HT styles (and probably never will) :confused:
    • Like x 1
  14. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

i wonder will celestial have any sigils or powers like Constantine and the Spectre

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Zpirit Dedicated Player

Would be awesome.
  16. Blight KOBRA Commander

The Cursed tree of the Celestial set, as I understand it, is more in lieu of the kinds of powers used by Raven, Nightshade, and Eclipso, so Celestial does have a sort of darkness/shadow vibe to it. Especially if you're a villain and use this new powerset since Jens said at SOE that there will be a difference, visually, for those players who play as heroes and those who are villains.
  17. MAXIMUS-SMD New Player

Remember how they said that it combos like hard light and plays off of both power sets? In light heroes are green (Green Lantern Corps) and villains are yellow (Sinestro Corps). So the fact that heroes and villains have different colors should be no surprise.

In the basic of terms, I am quite sure it is much more in depth than this, but it sounds like they took the combo-ing from light, tweaked it a bit, made it a combat-healer (awesome BTW), changed the animations and the colors, possibly borrowed an animation or two from the other sets... you know like the one where your toon looks like its about to Kamehmaeha when casting something in fire, ice, sorcery, mental, etc.?