Development Update: The Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Avair, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

true
  2. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

This info seems great, lets hope that the actual implementation turn out to be great aswell.
    And like Brother Allen said, please test all this changes in all the aspects of the game, especially on PVP.

Any info about when we are going to have this changes on the test server?
    • Like x 1
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Welcome back Nature and Electric DPS players. Oh yeah, Pet powers will still be OP if Crystal and Fury continue to hit as hard as they do now.

All of these changes sound great and I hope this can be implemented by January. But seeing as big as this list is and the fact new content is suppose to be delivered around the same time frame I don't forsee both happening around the same time.

I see content being released in December or January and than this update landing around February 2017.

I am just going to sit back and watch this show as I am not subbing until I see this in action and see how good the changes are once in play.

I do like the announcement but the question we all have on our lips is when and like I stated, I see this coming in February and that is if we are lucky.
    • Like x 2
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Actually Mepps explained up above ^.^
  5. Miserable Dedicated Player

How will you address the issue of "melee" powers that can be fired from a stationary position of 7m doing the same damage as melee powers that make you "lunge" towards your target and effectively place you at 0m?
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Note that only the bonus is being removed, no actual mechanics or abilities or attacks.
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Am I right to say that this brings back the game to a similar way it was pre-update 36 but hopefully in a more balanced manner?

If so, there will be a huge learning curve for those that never experienced the game pre-update 36.

But most importantly, how? Why wasn't this thought of before if it could be done much earlier?

I'm just curious on how this effects the tank powersets and how their damage will be attributed.
    • Like x 7
  8. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Is this Rage, HL and Celestial rebirth?
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

yep. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Rokyn Dedicated Player

But, how about the rest of the powers in the game?
  11. BumblingB I got better.

First off, welcome Avair, out new Lead Systems Designer!

I have a few concerns.

Power Regen and Controllers. Before WM and AMs, being a controller was a nightmare. They were just batteries, nothing actually was designed for a controller other than power return. Which if you look at controllers, that is limited to a PoT power, an insta power, and super charge.
    My question is, are you thinking about this issue as you remove the changes? Are you just going back to the old status quo. Need more power? Get more vit and abuse your teammate?

My other concern is the same as what happened with Stat Flattening and CR Differential. Removing the bonuses from characters is fine. Especially if it helps you normalize damage, but my concern is, content in T3-T5 range. The content that required manual adjustments that resulted in a very terrible situations. Are you going to attempt to catch them as you change them or are you hoping we will find them and have to make quite a few threads about them? As that takes a lot more time and frustration on us, the players.

Finally, what are you doing about the AM's that exist? Are you opening up the whole situation are you revamping some of the AMs back to how they were before?

Overall, I'm worried about the player experience while we transition.
    • Like x 9
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They won't be. Their high damage is the AM for Earth and Sorcery. AMs are going away, so no high damage from the pets.
    • Like x 1
  13. ALEX33016 Well-Known Player

I am soooooooooooooo happy with this...I am Celestial and got back into Legend after Wonder of Summer but have been disappointed that I had to have 2 or 3 buffs to keep up with people that had less CR & SP and not modded at all because they were a specific power. I actually was asked by someone in Harley's if I was in healers stance while I was DPsing because they were out DPSing me by millions and I was using AM. Maybe now I can get back into the game.
  14. Nicolas Gallardo Committed Player

Celestial is going to get a huge benefit from this... specially for the mid range removal.
    I think only Rage is not going to get any type of benefit only because you have 2 possible loadouts... one is viable but risky and the other is not viable lol
  15. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

Oh boy this is getting better and better. Max Damage was such a toxic piece of power creep and made damage modifiers obsolete, I'm looking forward to modifiers getting retired (which will benefit support roles) and MD becoming something else.
    • Like x 3
  16. ChillCat Loyal Player

Prior response in this thread and in previous announcements have clarified #StatsMatter will come out before the next dlc or Water. Your timeline assumes Devs have not already been working on this. I'm guessing a goodly focus of this content gap was focused on getting this worked out, so it makes sense we'll see this sooner than later.
    • Like x 4
  17. TroEL Dedicated Player

Read the Dev update and was like
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. Patm82 Well-Known Player

changing the whole game again SNH!! and ppl so happy yet have no idea of what this old in up doing yet lol
    • Like x 3
  19. StarWave251 Level 30

I hope that we have a choice between primarily weapon attacks and 1 power and full tray play. The old days of the troller being a big battery and if not you can only mainly use a weapon took the fun out playing a game that I could use super powers. I think choices are good and that equals fun.
    • Like x 1
  20. Darklord Kitty Well-Known Player

Best damn news ever!!!! I'm ecstatic.
    Now I feel I should have taken the 12 month membership deal offered some time back.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.