DCUO Thinking Outside The Box

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 18, 2016.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 26: Olympian Freestanding Walls

2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 27: Sunstone Crystal Roofings

3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 28: Emperor Penguin Totems (Base Pets from Winter Seasonal)

4. Seethra Well-Known Player

Very inspirational and appreciated. Keep it up and keep them coming!
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 29: Demonic Spire base items (Small and Large Demonic Spires) - these drop from Survival Mode: Trigon's Prison, live currently.

I wanted to go a little back to basics on this one and do more concepts for ideas rather than showing outright finished areas featuring these base items. I want viewers to watch my base item TOTBs and think "What would I do differently?" or "What would I do next?" etc. Thinking about these things is good as you better your base skills. I've learnt much from my own TOTBs.

I will often do base item TOTBs where I may showcase small areas of finished or upcoming bases, but sometimes I want to deliberately show unfinished ideas so viewers can think what they would do next.
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Just as a heads up.

I won't be doing TOTB episodes as often as previously.

Anyways here's TOTB30...... :)

Episode 30: Anti-Matter Base Items (from Anniversary Event)

Focussing on Anti-Matter Skull, Anti-Matter Portal, Anti-Matter Rods and Anti-Matter Rock.

7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 31: Zamaron Beds (from Valentine's Seasonal)

• Like x 1
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 32: Celtic Rock Base Items (from St. Patrick's Day seasonal)

9. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

You have one of, if not the best youtube dcuo base channels. I like customizing my base since it's really relaxing and you just took it to a whole nother level. Awesome stuff man and I hope it keeps comin.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 33: Vernal Wall Trellis (from Spring Seasonal)

In some TOTB episodes I'm going to (where appropriate) show me decorating and placing the base items in the video. I feel this would be more useful for those watching, rather than show parts of what I've done and explain in text.

I will be doing this for TOTB33, TOTB34, and perhaps other TOTB episodes in the future.
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 34: Ivy Clusters (from Spring Seasonal)

12. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 35: Will-O-The-Wisp Totems (Base Pets from Spring Seasonal)

This is more of a showcase, as they freely and joyfully roam your base. :)

• Like x 1
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 36: Negative Speed Force Material (NSF Material) & Weapon Styles

Honourable mentions to Prime Brainiac's Spear and Diabolic Recurve Bow, as I know these would suit the material amazingly. I didn't have enough time on Alienna however to acquire these weapon styles for the video, as I wanted this video up before the next Time Capsule. Be sure to gather Prime Brainiac Weapon Styles from The Prime Battleground raid, and Diabolic weapon styles from Trigon's Prison alert (last boss), as those styles are best suited to the NSF material in my view.

Update 30/05/2017: I tweeted out an image of Diabolic Recurve Bow with NSF material:
    https://twitter.com/TheLQGaming/status/869502932466765825

Update 16/06/2017: I tweeted out an image of Prime Brainiac Spear with NSF material:
    https://twitter.com/TheLQGaming/status/875501953383583745

This is my first material related TOTB episode since TOTB2 with Cosmic Material. Odds are that me getting a new material will be unlikely, so these types of TOTB episodes will be rare.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

TOTB has returned after a long hiatus! It won't be as regular as before, but don't be surprised to find an occasional TOTB episode appear. Expect the unexpected.

Episode 37: Blankets of Fog (from Halloween Seasonal)

• Like x 2
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

TOTB has returned (and with some regularity) after a VERY long hiatus. A few years have gone by and a number of style updates and base items have been added to the game since my last TOTB updates, so I felt it was a good time to revive this series.

In some TOTB videos I will do in-depth commentaries due to the advanced nature of certain things I do either with styles or base items, This includes Episode 38 (below)

Episode 38: Frozen Rock Waterfall (from Xmas Seasonal)

• Like x 2
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 39: Nectar Of The Gods (complete the Havok of the Monsters collection, from God Of Monsters raid. Will need access to Amazon Fury Part III)

This episode is less about being creative with the base item, more for how elusive it is and how to acquire it.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 40: Coluan Pillar (from Anniversary Event)

• Like x 1
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 41: Antique Statue Pedestal (from Legends PVE)

• Like x 2
  19. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 42: Sea Beast Relief (from Atlantis)

20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Episode 43: Haunted Wall Lamps (from Halloween Seasonal)