DCUO Announces New Episode: ATLANTIS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 20, 2018.

1. BlacktigeRon3 New Player

Balistical Ice: "I'm a little confused by your comment. Are you being sarcastic?

If not, I have two questions.

Is 4 months not enough for a new DLC? And is 4 months not enough time for you to get all the feats?"

I am not the person, the comment is addressed to, but I can answer the questions for me, nei there are many things, which are more important than a MMORPG and if you have more than one character and alts and no support from a league or other friends it would be hard to get ALL feats. Also for me there are some things in game, which are also important to adjust, like broken PvP, a bug @ the brokers that forced you to lock in so many times ´till the broker- menu isn´t bugy anymore. Some days ago I had a bug, which made me "fall" into colorfull abbys when I was in my base. No relog fixed it, so I had to restart the game. There are two, three bugs and uncomfortable menus and other things that also can be fixed, so next DLC in January/February would also be okay (for me!), if they would balance PvP till then and fix those bugs.... Oh what a nice dream. Have a nice weekend and much fun

Stay villainous
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The Devs actually work throughout the year. The are usually always two episodes ahead if what is currently out. They are constantly working. It may be a game, but to them its a job. Monday through Friday, and payday.

Enjoy the next few months. Most episodes up until months content and AF3, DLCs would release every quarter of the year.
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You guys forget we're getting new and improved Anniversary Event/DLC in January, lol.

Earth 3: Antimatter Desolation!!!

All new Antimonitor content including 1 new raid that looks like DWF but isn't and a huge Antimonitor world boss on top of the science spire. And an antimonitor alert that looks exactly like the Gotham City Courthouse except with Qwardian adds and the Earth 3 version of Martian Manhunter with his eyes burned out as a boss. And an open world portion of Earth 3 (the part that wasn't finished yet) being antimonitored.

And an awesome duo that is similar to the stabilizer duo but with a giant shadow demon as a boss. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They should honestly stop tying game content to DC's Hollywood misadventures, lol. Considering the majority of DC's movies tend to bomb in the theaters big time. :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Of course there will be. Someone has to keep Atlantis operating correctly. The engines and radiators and air conditioners aren't going to fix themselves, after all.
  6. hero turner Well-Known Player

Ok it is great to be able to see the under water kingdom, I hope that DCUO will add a swimming / dive capabilities for water use /movement for when we are in the water also would be nice to have a ability added to the water powers to summon sea creatures when in or on the water.
  7. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

When are we going to meet the mid guard serpent?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Jörmungandr is from Norse mythology.
    • Like x 2
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I know what's your point?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Last I checked, Norse mythology was big in the Marvel Universe. Maybe better to ask on their game foru.... oh wait they don't have a Marvel Universe Online. Gosh darn.
    • Like x 3
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

I don't know if it was already posted but for who did not saw here is an nice interview with SJ Mueller talking about Atlantis

12. Accept New Player

I haven't seen it thank you.
  13. Oueen Mera New Player

I'm hoping we get an update on Atlantis or an episode preview stream sometime soon, or at least next month.
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

I hope the enemies models are new and we dont fight againts new color versions of the pixelated atlanteans from game's launch like we did on Deluge.
    That would be a big turn off for me, really old NPC dont mix well with new, polished environments.
    • Like x 1
  15. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Please I love DCUO so and all things holy: Please let us fight under water. NOT in a dome! NOT in a structure.!Not inside of ANYTHING!

The archaic, yet extremely fun, Marvel Ultimate Alliance can let us fight the under water, against the Krakken no less, we definitely should be able too. At this point, anything less would be disappointing.

P.S. - We believe in Oceans. She can do anything.....
  16. Mermaid Dedicated Player

My gripe with the "Atlantean" Models (with the exception of key characters like Aquaman/Mera/Corum Rath) is that they are not comic accurate Atlanteans. Atlanteans are basically like humans but they wear scaly armors. This is an example of basic Atlantean soldier.

[IMG]

Here are more examples of Atlanteans, particularly the nobility. They don't dress like "Remoras" no shade to that style. I just think they are a poor representation of Atlanteans.

[IMG]

So yeah I really hope they have new models for the general Atlantean NPCs much like they updated the Amazon and added several new faces/models.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mermaid Dedicated Player

YAS! Ultimate Alliance was pretty advance in the underwater environment mechanics of its time. Loved that game. Also, I have faith that we will be in undersea combat and it might work like we are in flight stance just translated of course to undersea animation. The puzzle room in Spindrift Station felt like a tease for what's to come in Atlantis episode.

I'm pretty sure you've seen the Atlantis tease they posted back in July but the world is not encased in a dome so having an undersea combat is very likely! It would be very disappointing and a huge missed opportunity if they don't do that.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Mermaid Dedicated Player

We will girl like always. They are usually a month before episode release so definitely next month!
    • Like x 1
  19. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Indeed. My fingers are crossed.
  20. ZEROKILLEER Well-Known Player