(Code:1048)?

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by ClanSlayer, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ClanSlayer New Player

This is for PS3, I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong section on the forums but I'm new here and not sure where to put it. Everytime I try to go on DCUO it gets to the screen where you see the future Lex Luthor and all the heroes in front of the screen, and then a message pops up that says something like "There was an error logging in, please try again in a few minutes (Code:1048)." It's been like this since about October and I forgot about it for a little while, but I tried it again today and I still have the same problem. Can anyone tell me whats going on?
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Unfortunately that error code generally means that your PlayStation Network account has been banned or suspended from DC Universe Online. If you did not receive any notification of why this occurred please feel free to open a support ticket with us and we will be happy to take a look. The instructions on how to do so can be found in my signature below.
  3. ARI ATARI New Player

are you sure? 1048? its actually quite common on ps3. usually means you need to restart the game holding L1 L2 R1 R2 just to do an asset check real quick.

PS3 users get this error code sometimes its just part of the deal.
  4. Tule New Player

I was gonna say the same thing. Either that or you have to delete the extra save file. Banning usually say "there is a problem with your account, please contact support".
  5. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

The code you guys may be thinking of would be 1046. That one usually has to do with assets that are corrupt, etc. hence the asset check.
  6. Clanslayer2 New Player

This is clanslayer, but this is my Second account on this website. For some reason every time I tried to log into my main forum account it keeps saying that I have to reset my password, and I did multiple times but it is acting glitchy for me and now I can't reset the password for 24 hours.
    Anyways, I never received any email or message of any kind saying I was banned. I did send a ticket in a little while ago but still have not gotten any reply back. Not quite sure what I should do. I have been playing the game for a long time, had my main account a few pieces of T4 armor, so I really don't want to have to start all over from scratch.
  7. TrueMarvel New Player

I'm banned from PSN right now. I have this 2. WHat wierd tho is that DC servers actually don't need a psn for you to access your characters. So its kinda wierd.

When you say banned, do you mean banned from DCUO? or because your psn is banned you can't access DCUO?

By friday my psn should be back up.

P.S. I was banned because the psn glitched and it was looping a payment of an item I never even purchased nor had in my digitral grasps. The glitch made me have "debt" and after a certain time period it banned me. PSN almost got sued, but my mom makes good money and just paid it off.
  8. Clanslayer2 New Player

Not quite sure. I don't get a message that says "You are banned" or anything, it just says "Cannot complete login at this time. Please try again in a few minutes (Code:1048)."
    My little brother was playing on my account though and spamming people so I might have been banned, but if I am banned I want to see if there is a way that I can be unbanned and get my account back, considering I wasn't playing it.
  9. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Please feel free to PM me your ticket number and I will be sure to have it looked into as soon as possible. If you continue to experiencing issues signing into your other forum account I would suggest sending a PM to a moderator for further assistance.

For the 1048 error code it would be specifically in reference to DCUO. A ban from the PSN as a whole may result in the same error message when trying to access the game but I could not say for sure. You are welcome to contact the PSN directly for more specific information about your account with them at 1-877-971-7669.
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

I was wrong initially. I have (code:1058)

What does that mean?
  11. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Error code 1058 comes from a bug on your account that can only be fixed by Sony Computer Entertainment Network. You may have recently requested a refund, and when it was granted your account was bugged. We have seen many customers with this problem, and usually SCEN can fix it pretty quickly.

Please feel free to give them a call at 1-877-971-7669 and they should be able to get you all fixed up.
    • Like x 1
  12. TrueMarvel New Player

Oh. Ok. So its completely a mess up on their part? Simply an identified bug?
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No it doesn't. It means that PSN is down.
  14. Clanslayer2 New Player

Sorry I don't know this yet but I don't know how to PM on this. I'm new to this website and all.
  15. Clanslayer2 New Player

I think I figured out how to PM.
  16. Clanslayer2 New Player

Do you still have the "Please try again in a few minutes" thing though?
  17. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

It's hard to say for sure. The only way to know for sure would be to contact them directly.

The PSN currently does not have an error code which signifies is the service is unavailable (one that is specifically a "1000" error code which is in direct reference to DCUO, such as 1048, 1046, 1056, etc anyway). I can confirm that a 1048 is a banned or suspended account, specifically in reference to DCUO. If you see an official post reflecting this any differently please let me know so it can be corrected.

I got your messages. Thanks!
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's the message I've always gotten when I've tried to sign into DCUO but PSN was down and I've never had my account banned for any reason.
  19. Clanslayer2 New Player

You may have gotten banned without knowing it, and they never sent you a message. I had that message appear to me two weeks before Hurricane Sandy happened (October) and I still have that message
  20. ClanSlayer New Player

Got my forum account to work, was using the wrong station name.
    They replied to my ticket and asked for my PSN ID, and I replied back so I'm hoping they can fix this soon.