Chances of a new TC reveal tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 14, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Count the weeks from july 26th to sept 20th on a calendar. Its exactly 8 weeks. So when i said its been 6.5 weeks i was half a week off. I had not looked at the calendar yet at the time of that post. Sept 13th would of been the 7th week. And the livestream for it was canceled. Quote and link below from someone else.

Well i will bite my tongue about this :p
  2. Multiverse Creator League

I had posted as much in the Batman Beyond thread. Which is why I knew it was 8 weeks. ;)

Bite... and bite hard. ;) ;) :D
    • Like x 1
  3. light FX Steadfast Player

I actually started to accept the TCs with the time torn one. Still not a fan but that one was decent. Its obvious a change was made with the arcane one tho. Back to a 100 million dollar style :rolleyes:

The way i feel about all of this its getting harder and harder to get everything just by using ingame $. We have discussed how much $ we feel a player needs for each TC. We have always said 100 mil per TC to be safe. U also have some keys saved up. I have 12 right now. I will have 15 by the 20th. And i have 151 mil atm. I dont feel like that is even enough anymore. Because the last one i spent 200 million to finish everything. Now i like to get it all out of the way the 1st few days so i can focus on the content. So i will pay higher prices. I know this and im fine w/it. This past one i spent that $ and was still missing 1 item.

Now i could have waited. But 100 mil would still not have been enough. Not when the wings or the bloody knife is going for 60-90 million on its own. If i got those wings for 70. Then the TC suit for 10, which is possible atm, emblems for about 10 and both auras for 30-40 total? Thats 120-130 million. Those prices i just mentioned are based off what ive seen in trade and the broker this past week. But we are also on week 7 of the capsule.

Are we gonna reach the point where players need 500 million ingame cash for TC items? The economy of the game is a mess imo because of a TCs. Despite what some others think. Its always going to be about the rarity of certain items. The drop rate vs capsules opened. Injecting a bunch of ingame $ into the economy does not make the drop rate go down or people open more capsules. Also ive had up to 40 keys saved up for the new capsule and never get anything rare or of value. No matter how many i save i seem to get a bunch of bytes most times. And a few belts or hands or the cheapest emblem a few times :confused:

Id love to see feats removed but removing bytes would be great. Look at how much value bytes lost compared to what they used to be. Because they are so common in TCs. So the prices went down. Not because players had more $ ingame. Because they became a very common drop inside TCs. Goes to the point i made about rarity of the items and their price.
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

Well u had the confused face so i thought u meant it wasnt 8 weeks. My bad.
  5. Multiverse Creator League

I'm always confused. :confused::D
    • Like x 2
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Two reasons why we're getting a new time capsule next week.
    1. It's a Batman episode so they know a Batman time capsule wil sell.

2. Water came out and there's no way right now to get socket mods for it so it's either a new time capsule or nothing because DC don't do free.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not have a new time capsule launching next week.
    • Like x 6
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thank god, tired of these things dropping already. One of these days, you all will realize these are more cancerous then good to the game. By then it'll be to late ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Interesting.

This would be the first time an episode or major event launched without an accompanying TC. Seems fine except that this throws off the feat that allows OP collections to drop. In the past, the TC style could be completed in order to begin earning that particular bonus. Wondering if that's being taken into consideration and/ or if the means by which OP collections drop will change.
    • Like x 5
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

So when will people with water powers get their mods lile the rest of the powers ?
    • Like x 3
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Soon™
    • Like x 1
  12. Unida Dedicated Player

the likelihood is somewhere between extremely likely and definite.

the bare minimum will be a date for the new TC

but its happening.
    • Like x 1
  13. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I still think it's going to be a resurgence event.
  14. Snowy OwI Devoted Player

I hope its Realy soon..
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

So, waiting until November when Episode 30 / Justice League releases then huh?
    Interesting....
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

will we get a new TC or are we going back to first TC with additional stuff, restarting the rotation?
  17. Kuno Loyal Player

Not next week but week after I guess lol
    • Like x 1
  18. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I know a lot of people hate them. I saw that from just half of the responses on the first page. I on the other hand have never had an issue with them. When I was new I dumped hundreds into them. Which eventually I realized that I was just getting the same stuff. After that I just stopped opening them, but I kept running the daily mission until a new one came out. Since the "Team-Up" Capsules came out I always have the same strategy. Sell the capsules themselves.for 100-200k each for the first few days. Usually can stack 10-20 million off of this depending on what day the content comes out. There are always those people who have to have everything on day one so that they can get at least one "oooh/awww/wow" out of somebody to make themselves feel better. TCs may be the only thing I have ever sold on the broker aside from stacks of proto mainframe bots for $1.

After they are worthless again I wait until I have enough capsules to open whatever I have built up stabilizers wise. Right now I am close to 20 capsules that are all FREE just from running the daily missions. I find that opening a bunch at once is the best option since when I used to open them every time I got a stabilizer it was always the same junk. Either way. Instead of being a "greedy Mario" and putting whatever items I get duplicates of on the broker, I toss them to league mates. As a result they return the favor because most of my "Inner Circle" is using the same exact strategy I am. Between that I usually have ALL of the new TC items within the first 2 weeks of them being out. Typically without investing anything out of pocket. After getting that I just run the daily, stockpile the stabilizers, and repeat the process above every single time.

So as a result I am looking forward to the next one, the one after that, and the one after that one. Nothing in there is entirely unobtainable. They don't even require cash out of pocket. Just patience.
    • Like x 4
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Just realized "we do not have a new Time Capsule launching next week" could be a trick of phrasing. What if it's the og Time Capsule back with all new contents and th addition of Water & other new White mods? The original was Batman gear and there's beeen a lot of speculthat this one could have some kind of Bat Man gear too. Hmm...
    • Like x 4