Can't Log in

Discussion in 'Game Support' started by MagicMayhem, May 4, 2014.

1. MagicMayhem New Player

Could not log in for about an hour now same with a friend of mine i know my password and everything but i keep getting 'Invalid name or password. Please try again. For more information click here.' please can some one gie me a solution or a reason why it has not been working
  2. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Interesting. I'm not having any problems logging in.
    Are you using the same credentials to log into this site?
    Are you using the Sony launcher or the ProSiebenSat one? (The two systems are separate so if you have the wrong launcher installed it could cause that message, also login issues that affect one system may not affect the other one)
  3. MagicMayhem New Player

Prosiebensat launcher it was working all day but its just not working i dont know why im pc
  4. Automate New Player

I cant log in either, I get the message "There was an error completing your request, please try again" though.
  5. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

ProSiebenSat as well?
    If there's a problem with their systems it really will need to be reported to the staff there. The account/support etc systems are totally separate. The staff here won't be able to help if it's an issue with ProSiebenSat.
    You should be able to access their support here:
    http://dcuniverseonline.eu/support#show
  6. Automate New Player

I just downloaded the launcher off the DCUO website, I don't think it would have anything to do with ProSiebenSat.
  7. Mur Dah Active Player

Unfortunately the problem seems to be with ProSiebenSat, I can log on with an old free to play US account but I can't get past the launcher on either the game or test server.

Business as usual as far ProSiebenSat are concerned:mad:
  8. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

If you're in Europe you may have been automatically directed to the .eu version of the site which is administers by a different company, uses separate accounts and has it's own launcher.

Because of the difference in the two systems an issue in one doesn't necessarily affect the other.
    Also if you try to log in on one with an account that belongs to the other system it'll usually error as described above. This is why it's worth checking that you are using the right launcher for your account.

@MagicMayhem - if it isn't a problem with using the *wrong* launcher then you need to immediately secure your account. There should be an option somewhere on their site to reset/recover your password and I would suggest you use it in case someone else has gained access to your account.

@Automate - if it's not a generalised issue, your error is more likely to imply a connection issue. Has it suddenly stopped working (i.e. within the last few hours) for you or did it stop working before, or is it a fresh install?
  9. Automate New Player

Good to know it's not just me then, I'll try again tomorrow, see if the problems been fixed.

@OnceUponAtime I've just recently downloaded the game again so I'm not sure regarding that. Weirdly it let me log on the very first time but my characters were not showing, I got taken straight to the character creation screen, so I logged out and try to log back in again and that's when the problem started.
  10. Mur Dah Active Player

ProSiebenSat have a habit of taking their systems offline and not telling anybody...... I recall this happening a couple of months ago before I took a short break from the game.

I'm pretty sure the only reason this thread isn't much larger is because it's early in the morning, best thing is to submit a ticket with ProSiebenSat and they'll get back to you in their own sweet time :rolleyes:
  11. Automate New Player

@Mur Dah - There's one problem with doing that, I cant even log in to support a ticket! Their page doesn't recognise my login details, when I go to try and get them to send me my user details, apparently the page cant be displayed, as it could be under maintenance! Guess the only thing I can do is wait till in the morning and see if anything has improved.
  12. Mur Dah Active Player

Yep, just getting an error when trying to log in:mad:

I wouldn't hold your breath with regard to them sorting it out in the morning, ProSiebenSat operate at two speeds..... slow and dead slow.

Worst case scenario is that they've been hacked again, best case is someones asleep at the wheel.
  13. Deathmike Devoted Player

Same deal with me.:(

Deathmike out.
  14. Automate New Player

Just a quick question, is the ProSabianSat launcher completely different to the other version? I've noticed you can no longer change to the US servers on the ProSabianSat launcher, I've got a sneaky suspicion that my character is on the US server as opposed to the EU server which the ProSabianSat launcher gives you access to. Does that mean I have to download the new launcher from the US website to be able to access the US servers?
  15. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

You should be able to access both USPC and EUPC servers from either launcher. If it's a fresh install and you connected to the wrong server that would entirely explain why your characters didn't show up though.
  16. Mur Dah Active Player

Yep, you'd need to different launcher's. I've actually got two myself, I made a seperate account just before migration just incase I wanted to stick with Sony US (really wish I did).

I've got so much time invested in the EU account it's impossible to switch back now:(
  17. OnceUponATime Dedicated Player

Obviously given that there's a login issue I can't easily check this right this second... however, certainly up until very recently it was possible to play on both servers with one launcher and you still can with the Sony one. There is a server selection option in the advanced options (green button, bottom left of launcher to see the advanced options). You can't move characters between the servers so you do have to make different characters on each server, but quite a lot of European players, connecting through ProSiebenSat play on the USPC servers - there are several in my league...
  18. Mur Dah Active Player

Sorry, just went back through your post again.

You can access either the US or EU servers with the ProSieben launcher, however a US and ProSieben account are completely seperate (which you probably already knew).

If your account is with ProSieben you still aren't going to be able to access either server until they get the systems up and running.
  19. Phantomjawa New Player

It was the same last night as well. Its prosiebenshat that is causing the issue. Two nights running and unable to log in yet again. It seems as soon as midnight hits all goes wrong. Annoying as I had two hours of play time just eaten up by failed log in yet again. Why on why did the EU players get shafted with such a poor service.
  20. Phantomjawa New Player

Well still unable to play the game.. sheesh these servers are crap