Can we please get a Movement-mode update?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Arachninja, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Arachninja Active Player

Granted I do agree that the weapon re-balancing across the board is in dire need. . .

However. .movement modes appear to be the one thing in the game that has not gotten a lot of attention,
    other than (imho) "questionable nerfs". The role-specific debuff was probably the biggest change (still not sure how i feel about it), but honestly there have been things have been needing attention beyond that for a very long time.

Acrobatics desperately needs some loving.
    Thankfully, Perfect Poise was at least updated to scale with stats making in somewhat viable, although even then I'd argue it's still not worth a 50% SC compared to a group shield or Speed Drain (35% would balance it).
    There's also no reason at all to have forward flip other than just the style (it's a lunge, that's un-blockable).
    Backflip and Launching Roll really out too be the same thing (why is backflip not UWC, and Launching Roll is but I'm launched into the group?) Honestly I'd look at combining all the flips/rolls into one skill, or alternatively having power combo-ing in Acro to set it apart from the other movement modes.

Launching roll is also only a 45% dps boost, whereas Flight and Speed's equivalents are 50%.
    Acro only has 1 sc? They should all have at least 2. . . (don't worry I'm getting to super speed below).
    Acro has no dots, and almost know AoE.
    Backflip does not go far enough and is not multiple target (like some legends toons)
    Acro's should be able to charge jump or jump higher/farther in some way without requiring me to go into Rocket Assist.
    The "zip-tie" attack would be much better served as a dot, and target + 3.

Super-speed
    Fix the "push me forward" bug. . .every dps i know hates this. . .
    Kill whirling dervish. . . it's just dumb, and many weapons have the exact same thing anyway, and it's a death sentence in PVP.

Bring Dash-Attack back to being a regular power, not an SC, and make it UWC/Breakout. If you're really worried about the OP, then adjust the cool down, but that change was just absolutely horrible. While ur at it, fix the bug where being perma-grounded in some PVE instance doesn't let me use Dash Attack.

Dont' use Flight much, so I can't comment on it. . .

For all of them, the counter-attack / breakout abilities (which there should be 2 each, not just one), should be UWC and UAP (usable after being punished). They used to be this way, for some reason that was removed, making getting punished much more deadly. The only reason I ask for this is b/c I don't understand why bother having such powers if they don't do that. . . and b/c it just seems logical to me to have some way to "counter the counter" especially since it actually costs power. . .

And lastly again for all of them (although if it was just in acro, that might be a neat feature), combo'ing movement mode attacks/abilities I think would make them much more helpful, since we are so limited on our loadouts.
    • Like x 2