Can Tiers please go back to being Tiers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vagrant, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Vagrant Committed Player

Ever since the recent years each and every content drop has been introducing gear that is better than the previous update.

When the game launched, tiered gear content was condensed within their respective tiers. Which means whenever a tier 5 raid was introduced, all the content within that tier rewarded marks or gear that was relevant to that gear.

Essentially our gear is getting replaced way too fast and honestly we are going to run into the same problem with our stats being too high again just because new gear gets introduced too fast.

What happened to tiers essentially being yearly? Most players would not mind if all content that was released in one tier gave us one central overall gear set to collect over that period over a course of MANY pieces of content to run.

HOPEFULLY, when they restructure previous content they take a look back and just make each tier its own pool. I'm so tired of each content drop coming out with the idea of it having to LAST for months and months.

Sorry but having that mentality when creating content is just bad, look at Riddled with Crime. Most people are just now if they are lucky, completing the OP hands collection from that DLC, let alone the dumb shirt. As a game designer I would be ashamed of that kind of design.

TLDR: Please in future content, release new things to do but if you are going to release new gear, feats, collections. It needs to not completely make the previous content irrelevant. I mean imagine if ALL of tier 8 was relevant to us now, gosh that would be amazing, the amount of stuff to do each day would be insane.
    • Like x 8
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

the old tier is only tier because we dont have alot of stuff to do to get the require marks, as result, it takes almost half a year to get a full set..

I certain dont want things to go back that those days... I like the way things is progressing... I like that, it doesnt take forever to get full set of gear..
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

its all about the replays...
  4. Vagrant Committed Player

You realize that is just completely false right? Amazon Fury has pieces that literally require weeks to get their full set. Age of Justice was no better. Back when early tiers were relevant you would have sometimes upwards of 4 raids, 5 alerts, 5 duos, 5 challenges AND quests to do to get you marks going towards ONE CENTRAL gear set.

Not to mention duos back then rewarded 2 marks and alerts rewarded 4 marks.
    • Like x 3
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

right. ever since we got "best gear in vendor" back, not only they doubled the prices,
    also the reward curency was cut down to half... four times harder to complete things!
  6. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well those are ill attempt to drag us back to the old days... AoJ is suppose to last 6 months, and to do it, they make the gear expensive as hell which in return, players complains, and they change the price and also silently change the number of marks you can earn to 'balance out" the price drop and guess what.. people complain again.. and they changes the number of marks you can earn again..

if anything AoJ prove that people dont want to farm months and months for gears like the old days...

so Gang Wars and Earth 3 is great improvement... the time it took me to get one piece of AoJ gear, I can get 2 piece of Earth 3 gear... I love it..

I rather have more fresh content to play then few drag out content.. I stop playing alot of time is because I'm bored of doing the same thing over and over again for months..

also it's not completely false, back in the game where the max is T3.. it took me a year to get full set of T3... partially my fault for not raiding.. but I certainly dont want to go back to those horrible days of dragged out farming.. this is also back before replay badges..
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You left out the truly fun part.. YEARS ago no matter what tier you were at you reward for completion was MARKS... Look at the total mess we deal with now....

Amazon Fury 3 content awards .. Ancient coin/marks

Age of Justice awards .. War Bond/ marks

Riddled with Crime awards .. Marked Bills/marks

And Earth three content awards.. Ultra bucks/marks

Now for the truly fun part.. I have an alt at CR 200. Okay he can still run missions including the daily stuff and get War Bonds from Age of Justice. At the same time he is also high enough to run missions and gets Marker Bills doing the missions from Riddled with crime. NOT done yet.. and since it is an event and a DLC I can go in and run missions and earn Ultra Bucks doing the earth 3 stuff. No way to exchange any of that currency for the stuff you NEED to buy the higher CR gear from which ever vendor... Oh yeah and "technically" all three of those are THE SAME TIER. Now I still have a couple pieces of gear between the two roles that I could improve SLIGHTLY by buying gear from the vendor in the War Torn zones. Of course I have gear I can buy using the Marked Bills from the vendor in Amusement Mile and while I'm holding off I could actually be buying gear from the vendor on Earth 3. Three sets of armor.. three different types of currency... three different zones/DLC and every single one of them is tier 8?

Heck go back a little bit... At one point I was doing Amazon Fury 3 content for Ancient Coins and I was still within the CR range to do A Rip in Time and get MARK.. because that was all RIP paid out was MARKS .. and it was Tier 8 as well. And hers a question... considering the amount of marks I actually NEED at these levels since none of the vendors want them.. WHY are we getting things like 1 ancient coin and 1 mark for a duo? We USED to get 2 marks for a duo. So why aren't we just getting 2 Ancient coins or 2 Marked Bills or whatever?
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

To me Tiers stopped being Tiers when T7, The Relevancy System, and Monthly Content came out. it literally went and fubar'd the Tier System for me. Gone was the Tier system I knew where I could run all the content, when I was literally in that tier.

How do I explain this? Well take alook at T6:
    Can you run Amazon Fury Part 1 and still get relevant rewards? Yes.
    Can you run War of the Light part 2 and still get relevant rewards? Yes.
    Can you run Amazon Fury Part 2 and still get relevant rewards? Yes.

Now compare that to the mess that is Tier 7:
    Can I run Halls of Power 2 throughout all of Tier 7's progression and still get relevant rewards? No. Once I'm past the CR for it, I'm done; there's no way of me getting back to that episode.
    Can I run the Corrupted Zamaron Duo throughout all of Tier 7's progression and still get relevant rewards? No.
    Can I run the Corrupted Oa Solo throughout all of Tier 7's progression and still get relevant rewards? No.

See? It's a big mess. If I'm in Tier 7 I should be able to run everything within Tier 7. It annoyed me that I couldn't visit or have a good reason to run New Genesis stuff anymore because of the mess that was Tier 7, relevancy, and Monthly Content.

Tier 8 has a very similar scenario going on right now that's annoying too.
    Can I run Amazon Fury Part 3 and still get relevant progression towards my T8 progression? No I can't. Amazon Fury Part 3's mark system restricts me to only using it, for well, amazon fury part 3; not the entirety of Tier 8.
    Can I run AOJ and still get relevant progression towards my T8 progression? No I can't. AOJ's limited to AOJ and well you get the idea.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That said I do support the idea of Tiers becoming Tiers again. But please; make sure two things happen: One let me run all the content within that tier, don't lock me out with special marks; don't lock me out with relevancy. If I'm in that tier, I wanna run everything in that Tier; just use one currency for all of the content within that tier.

Two: Clean up the mess that was made with the entirety of Tier 7's content structure.
    • Like x 3
  9. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

it's been that way since day one...

for T1 content, you used to get Mark of Triump
    for T2 content, you used to get Mark of Distinction
    for T3 content, you used to get Mark of Krypton
    for T2.5 content, you used to get Mark of Momentum

they always merge all the marks eventually.. nothing have been change... also once you hit around 210 CR, you stop getting MoV from AF3 and AoJ... so I really hope I can get everything with Ancient Coin and War Bond before they are replaced with MoV...
  10. Vagrant Committed Player

Except in some of the tiers you are mentioning each gear set you were going towards had a lot of content you could play to earn that currency because it had SO MUCH CONTENT. Currently the problem I have with the way content is structured is just the absolute lack of content we have to earn some of the gear.

Right now to earn War Bonds there is:

Two alerts. (6 War Bonds Daily)
    Two raids. (20 War Bonds Weekly)
    7 daily missions. (7 War Bonds Daily)
    2 weekly missions. (16 War Bonds Weekly)

Roughly without replay badges, new players in that content are earning Blackhawk pieces about once a week.

Then we have Riddled with Crime which has:

One raid. (10 Marked Bills Weekly)
    One alert. (3 Marked Bills Daily)
    Two Duos. (2 Marked Bills Daily)
    4 Daily Missions. (4 Marked Bills Daily)
    2 Weekly Missions. (16 Marked Bills Weekly)

Roughly without replay badges, new players in the content are earning Riddler pieces also about once a week since they reduced the prices.

However, halfway through the Age of Justice content you will start dipping into the Riddled With Crime content which will make you start to forget the Age of Justice content just to get to the Earth 3 content. See the problem here?

In previous tiers especially old ones, we had so much content to play through daily AND weekly because we were earning marks that all went to ONE set of gear. Probably the best tier example of this is Tier 2 which had 4 raids, 5 alerts, 4 duos, 4 challenges and some daily quests which all went towards the same gear sets except for some of the Flash gear.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We just moved from replacing our gear every month, to replacing our gear every 2-6 months...
  12. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I do miss the old system. A "tier" was one mark for that tier, and all content within that tier was relevant to it. This meant the content and dlc designs were different. They had to introduce things apart from higher stats that made the dlc's within that tier worth getting, and that lead to alot of cool things being added to the game.

Im not saying i hate the way it is now, but I do miss the way it was, and the simplicity of its old design.
  13. Vagrant Committed Player

This is what made oldee content tiers awesome. Imagine if it was like this for tier 7-8. There is SO MUCH CONTENT within those tiers. We would have 8 raids each week, 8 alerts, 5 duos, the list goes on.

Essentially with each new DLC there does not have to be a new gear set to collect, a style sure but gear isn’t the end all be all. This is definitely what Riddled with Crime should have been.

Structuring future content this way could also introduce new features with each DLC as well. Remember races? Why not have a DLC that introduces many more to game alongside a new instance or two. How about some mini-games that many of us are dying for. For pete’s sake, not every DLC needs to have nothing but PVE stuff to do that we complete on day one. Be innovative, be creative.
    • Like x 1
  14. krytine Loyal Player

Finally someone remembers how it used to be with content. Wow thank you for speaking up
  15. VariableFire Loyal Player

We shouldn't even be in T8, just from looking at the OnDuty menu we should be at T10. It can't help when balancing content either.
    • Like x 2
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I started to respond to this last night but the post was turning into a novel and i was ready for bed.. I'll just say from most of what i read here .. I AGREE tier 8 is a nightmare. I have a CR 200 at the moment that can still run Age of Justice, can also run Riddled with Crime and until the event ends (or i hit 207) I can run Earth 3 stuff as well. I am getting three different types of currency to BUY stuff with and none of them allow me to go to ONE vendor and but what I need or want. I only have a couple armor pieces that would even benefit from anything I would buy from an AOJ vendor and none of the gear that drops is good for anything but salvage these day.. probably won't be even going there anymore soon.

Just to put it into perspective..Remember back when you were around CR 116.. You could be running missions on New Genesis, in the Metropolis Battlezone and still be doing stuff in Gotham under Siege .. and all the Marks you got from any of those Daily missions, solo challenges, duod. alerts and raid could all be used to but whatever you needed from ANY vendor?

And then we hit tier 8... I have a CR 210 Quantum DPS/Troll that has 300 War Bonds left and not a single thing I'd buy with them would do my alt a bit of good. I guess I will eventually just buy SOMETHING and donate it to the League for the prestige.

Ahhh much shorter and I basically said the same thing as the novel i was composing last night LOL
    • Like x 2
  17. Vagrant Committed Player

I understand having multiple currencies but having so many currencies in such a short amount of time is terrible. It needs to be one currency per tier. Essenrially I agree with you haha
    • Like x 1
  18. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I understand the different currency system. Old days we just maxed out marks the week before new content came out and then first day of release bought vendor gear. So I see why the different currency system.
    But it would be great if you could exchange, current tier currency for the new or older tier currency. That way running older would still offer you some value. Even at a 10 to 1 rate. You would at least be making some progress. Poor being able to convert the new currency to older currency so you would be able to finish gear feats you may have missed while you were not playing because you took a break from the game or you just new to the game and trying to complete feats.
    All currency should be able to be turned into marks and then be able convert marks to specific tier currency.
  19. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I hear you. I find the current monthly rush to 'OP errythang now!' system confusing chaotic and maybe aimed at very low attention spans.
    I was the player progressing level by level, fully fleshing out gear/style sets as they were introduced over a broader timeframe in smooth and sensible evolution.
    I have difficulty with that now, with gear coming in from every direction at varying levels of relevance. On top of that styles being used and re-used over and over again.

It's a great thing and a not-so great thing all at once.
  20. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

clearly you been spoiled by the new system and never play DCUO way back...

they have very little content back then... T1 just have toy man mission, couple of daily, duo, alert... T2 just have 2 daily, 1-3 duo, 1-2 alert and 2 raid and T3 just have one raid and 2 alerts, maybe one duo.. and T2.5 just have couple of daily, one weekly bounty, 2 duo and 1 alert..

the content in AF3, AoJ, Gang War and Earth 3 is not much differ then back then...

T1, T2, T3 and any tier only have alot of content once they merge all the marks into MoT and later MoV and they implement the new duty tab.. and because everything up to T7 uses the same marks, you get the illusion of there is alot of content because everything give MoV.