Can Fire Tanks actually get a viable mechanic?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gwendolyn, Nov 11, 2015.

1. spack2k Steadfast Player

LOL @ giving resto priority before dom
    • Like x 5
  2. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Where is this stated in-game?
  3. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Where can this information be found and why isn't it in-game?
  4. RoxyStormbringer Dedicated Player

The info is in the game in the Dominance description. There are also companion sources such as DCUO BOOK and the DCUO Blog Guide that have a lot of user information in them.
  5. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I think Rage Tanks and all Healer powersets need to be looked at cause I just learned Health buffs and heals aren't real power mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

The one place I would expect to find such delicate information, it's simply not there. To the left of the power trees tells you everything that's buffed in tank role, but absolutely nowhere does it say 1 point dominance = 1 point restoration, or dominance increasing healing out. They're is the bout of increased resto when wearing CR 81> gear. I'm sure there's solid test results for Dom-healing factor, I just haven't seen it
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Open up the dominance drop down menu in your stats. It doesnt mention the 1 for 1 ratio but says increases the potency of healing abilities. The 1 for 1 ration came in an update, it will be in the update notes section somewhere. It should be in game though tbf, so should alot of things, things like the stats shields work off etc but sadly their not.
  8. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Krucifire my buddy Zerrz brother and I both don't mod resto. Yes it may help. I don't find it necessary to be a good or bad fire tank as Broken says. Tanking is tanking. I've been every tank power currently have 4 tanks all diff powers active. As always I mod less for tank more for damage and don't struggle in content. I'll agree with what someone else posted here. A good tank is a good tank no matter the power. The power is up to the player using it. It's mechanic is healing and I haven't even seen someone mention BUFFED health yet. Average fire tank health I'd imagine for us is all around 50k or so.
    • Like x 1
  9. iLoveDCUO Well-Known Player

Depends on what's in your loadout sir. When I used to tank adds in throne elite. There were two other tanks. I completely took off immunities. I used Gailing Eruption, Remorseless, and Bloodlust. Those are 3 reducers. Had one pull Ragebringer, Severe, and I ALWAYS use dreadful blast as ignore. It's my cancel. I can't stand E-chain. Dreadful blast will knock up countless enemies the same as people using that crazy power hungry move without mercy. I don't know how many times I've ran that loadout helping people get deathproof. If gailing is up it helps maintain agro, bloodlust costs nothing in power. Remorseless heals me off the damage I'm doing. Since I always hybrid all my roles. That 3k precision as a tank with all damage crits combined with bloodlust and me doing my smokebomb mastery from my bow is doing stupid damage.

Heals can chill and watch everyone while I'm having fun battling the adds. I could crash on purpose and not die. 3 reducers is just crazy. I wouldn't recommend everyone go around doing this because if you can't stay on your feat you probably will die. Smokebomb nearly all adds in your area as a tank because of your dom being so high anyways. I use it on all 5 of my tanks. My 4 villains and my 1 hero. I don't use any other weapon. It's the only weapon all the tanks in my league use for that simple fact, it's quick, mastery saves you power, you stun adds. I prefer stun over knock back.

I don't like having to rely on a troll to stun every add. And if I can stun adds myself the troll can save some of his power use it for debuffs or what not. Or like most trolls, just throw pot and dump anyways and be hella lazy. W/e works I suppose.
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I think rage and fire have some bad players that use them. I can comment on fire as I use it whereas rage I see some just constinutely saying my bad I crashed where others I will run with every day. I have been a fire tank since day 1 and have had players think I couldn't tank whatever wasn't the hardest raid in the game. The only tank power I ever once said I wish I had was Brick during HH during the stompa fight. A lot of the fire tanks I see that have issues is one's that use low pressure. Seems to have a bigger power cost, and fails to use your powers. The moment I got that out of my load out then life got a whole lot easier. I would relate that fire tanking takes the most sp. I like to fill out every resto and Dom point. I think both aid you. If you are asking which is more important, I am guessing you are under 200 sp and probably should feat farm.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

how do those powers work opposed to low pressure? do they seem to do better for pulling adds from a distance?
  12. Nodens Dedicated Player

LMAO!!! You really are good at being funny! I also like that delusion of yours that has you believing people are "worried" about your weirdness. -but if you ever want to see "out of whack", try reading one of your own posts when you're not under the influence! :D
  13. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I can not believe people are talking about resto over dom. That really just blows my mind. No wonder there are so many bad fire tanks running around.
    • Like x 5
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I'm not quite sure you really understand fire or how balancing works... everything you're asking for would more than likely make Fire OP (and even back in the olden days fire had a bad rep which it didn't deserve. One just has to spec differently and think differently than you would have to do as another tank power).

Fire has self heals true but using any power as fire boosts your health (by what is it 80%... I really can't remember the number I'm willing to admit I'm wrong on that) it's that very fact which is why people (most likely healers) accuse fire of being a squishy tank. Fire also gets a boost of healing in if I'm not mistaken that other tanks don't have.

If you're having issues you might need to respec your skill points and try to adjust your loadout and your tanking style... that's more than likely the root cause here.
    • Like x 1
  15. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, I thought the stat increase being tied to cr was kinda cheezy. I also think that immolation should have been turned into a pull and stoke flames and spontaneous combustion should have had their spots swapped on their tree.

But, the heals are still waaaay better than they were and fire, from a tanking standpoint, is stronger than it ever was. So no complaints
    from me at this time. ;)
  16. Superskull85 Devoted Player

You know at some point in your play time you have to realize that the game doesn't tell you everything about it. At some point you have to figure something out for yourself. How Dominance affects healing (for everyone not just Tanks) is one of those things. Along with the actual potency of healing, how Dominance actually applies Health (it is not straightforward in the description), how long an effect actually stays active, etc.

If you just blindly follow what the game tells you, or expect a "green name" to tell you outright, you simply won't get anywhere with your understanding of the game. The way I learned about Dominance healing effectiveness, and the way many others have learned, is through testing and experimentation. You may want to try it some time as it gives you any answer you want or need. ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Or, just maybe, they could update the in-game description rather than mystifying 75% of the player base. After further digging I did find where GU24 updated certain abilities to heal=Dom+Resto. Given the game's description: 2.2 point of health per point of Dom would lead me to believe Dom isn't as necessary. I have enough Dom to need to pull and cc adds, why bother? So I modded straight Health in blue sockets. I've done just fine so far, but what would lead to even test something that sounds so absurd.

Now if you're volunteering to buy me the execeptionals to remod 6 pieces, let's do it; if you're volunteering to buy me a tower that can run the test client, let's go. In any case, one simple line after everything else it already tells about Fire's Tank Role: "Dominance is added to Restoration to increase the potency of your self-heals". After 7 tiers of progression, no, it should just be in the description with all the other useful information. I'm not asking for a guide, but that's kinda crucial to modding. It's amazing how we ask why there aren't as many good players in top tier, but then we try to make things more complex than they really are.

Edit: "Blindly follow"? Why would I have any reason to think that descriptions in this game mean something other than what they bluntly mean?
  18. TheNumber 2 Well-Known Player

Yes, GU24. Dom does state healing abilities, but after reading which powers it affected, it seems like the change was intended to help non-healer roles that wouldn't normally have a reason to mod for Restoration; this being mostly tanks. As you've said, this information should be added in game for the powersets affected by this change.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Update_24
  19. VariableFire Loyal Player

Best guess from where that came from is someone heard to get the healing crits and thought resto instead.

I'm not surprised. Ran into quite a few players from these forums who don't understand tanking at all but do love to blame it for all their mistakes, including an inability to block (and no, it wasn't DPS that couldn't do it).
    • Like x 1
  20. protecter of tomorrow Committed Player

" OUT OF WHACK " if YOU really want to see PEOPLE get this way try looking up a FEW of the THREADS in the PAST couple of DAYS where I'M answering to PEOPLE. You will SEE TIME and TIME again of PEOPLE asking me WHY i do what i do.

BOTTOM LINE: For ME NOW if it's gonna keep some of these PEOPLE " OUT OF WHACK " then there is NO WAY I'M gonna STOP NOW. LOL.