[Bug] Fan no longer combos into light claws

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Sbel, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Sbel Devoted Player

I tried to combo from fan to claws on the test server. I was unable to do it. I can consistently do this combo on the main server, so I think you guys broke it. The tooltip still says it's possible.
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

It is, but you need to wait for Fan to finish the entire animation for the combo to work, same goes for Claw-Ram, or Ram-ST, it's even worst for ST-Fan, they are taking too long for it to be a working combo, in the time you get one sequence of Claw-Ram-ST-Fan right too much time passes, not to mention the damage output is the same so there isn't any gain in all of this.
    • Like x 2
  3. Furling Well-Known Player

I also notice I can't go from minigun to whipthrash. I was trying claw-mg-whip.... couldn't get the whips to go.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Right, remember the timings are different, so you may need to relearn a bit.
    • Like x 11
  5. ErnieB Loyal Player

The problem is that they all have different timings which isn't right, they should be the same, it's just too much trouble, and there isn't anything to gain from it.
  6. jr1nc Dedicated Player

sorry but most of the combos are not working as intended timing is not the issue! please look into this
    • Like x 1
  7. Aaron Cross New Player

Not only fan. Grasping Hand, Minigun and Hold Claws doesn't combo into anything.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zhouz Well-Known Player

no amount of timing could figure into comboing hold claw into ram: it simply does not combo anymore.
    • Like x 5
  9. Ogreboy Active Player

... this.
  10. TheAnticipated Well-Known Player

With all due respect unless its timing has changed to give you only 0.00000001s to hit the next combo its a bug. The main issue here isn't getting rid of JCing its that Light no longer works the way it was made to. I have tried and tried again and again to no avail to go from fan back to light claw. It just doesn't work. Light Claw to Ram is iffy but its doable and something to get used to but Fan back to Light Claw is impossible. Mini Gun to Whip Thrash also is impossible. Neither of those have to do with any Jump Clipping or Timing issues its a bug. It has been stated in numerous posts that its a bug, and that most are fine with the rest of the changes, yet we get told that its our fault we didn't hit it at the non-existent time frame? Its simple. Fan does not go into Light Claw. Mini Gun does not go into Whip Thrash. The powers themselves say they do yet it is impossible to combo to them the way Light was made to work - by combos.
    • Like x 2
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll check it out. Thanks!
    • Like x 5
  12. drenz Developer

There is definitely a bug when going from Fan to Claw and from Hold Claw to both Minigun and Ram. There is also a problem with Grasping Hand comboing to almost anything.

These are being fixed today.

Thanks for all the reports!
    • Like x 17
  13. Cypher Well-Known Player

I think this is more than happy news! All the HL naysayers who say that Dev's don't listen just got a slap in the head.
    Can't wait to test once it's in place!
    • Like x 2
  14. Bulthax Active Player

After Testing I can confirm that:
    Minigun (Might and Precision versions) does not combo into Snap Trap or Whip Thrash.
    Lightblast (Might and Precision versions) does not combo into Boxing
    Chainsaw Hold does not combo into Minigun or Hand Clap

What should also get looked at while fixing these:
    Light Claw (Precision Lunge) will not combo into Light Claws Hold on Live Still. Can't actually test this till Fan is fixed.
    • Like x 1
  15. ErnieB Loyal Player

Maybe this fixed might actually make HL playable, as it is now it's useless in combat.
    • Like x 3
  16. niteravn Active Player

I understand that there are issues with the latest update and I am glad to help test them BUT when you say something will be fixed tomorrow because it is unusable in its current form, fix it OR atleast let us know that you are still working on it. HL is still screwed up. I understand the need to let the animation run but the HL combos do not need to have THAT much of animation time. Currently, it is an unusable power because of the "fix". Please get it right and keep us informed.
  17. Bulthax Active Player

I don't believe Fixing is the same as Patching. There are plenty of issues they've fixed internally, but they haven't patched the server yet. Most likely this is because of the large number of bugs that arose. I would guess a large patch is incoming with the fixes they have done and perhaps other they have found that we haven't.
  18. spord Developer

To quote myself:

We have some fixes in for Light Claws, Fan, and Grasping Hand not comboing properly. However, we are having build issues that need to be resolved before we can get them to PC Test. We will get them in as soon as possible.

While I was in there I made it so you can hold melee after the first Light Claw Slash Construct Combo instead of having to do two. That way it feels the same as using the super power version.
    • Like x 6
  19. Bulthax Active Player

Thanks for the response spord! I love to see Light Claw Hold is finally getting fixed. I also saw that Minigun into Wip Thrash is fixed on your side. Is Minigun into Snap Trap, Light Blast into Boxing also fixed? And Chainsaw hold into Minigun or Hand Clap doesn't work, which is just contrary to any other Light Combo, surely that's not intended?
  20. spord Developer

Yes, Minigun into Snap Trap and Light Blast into Boxing will also be fixed. However, from what I see Chainsaw combos into Chainsaw, Minigun, or Ram just fine on the current build. Do you have any more details on that one?
    • Like x 1