Brainiac's Ship

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darkest Law, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

but why? Why do you want others to do something they dont want to when it doesnt affect you?
  2. Multiverse Creator League

???

Is this really an issue???

You go through it once at character creation and that is it.

Even if you have a bunch of Alts.... once you are done creating your Alts... you will never go through it again.

Unless you like to delete characters and create new character everyday??? which is another issue in iitself. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

Because it's a part of the game and it doesn't take long. There are so many things you could skip in this game that you shouldn't be able to either. Skipping a tutorial just makes it seem like "hey, welcome to our game, even the tutorial sux, pls skip it!". It's possibly tedious and boring if you have done it over 3 times already, and it takes the devs a whole lot more time to implement a "ive done this, click skip"-system for a tutorial than it does for you to actually take 5 minutes to go through it one more time if you want another alt in your collection of toons.

It's really not a big deal.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

Didn't even noticed that you replied to this. WOW! I'm not even going to invest time in telling you WHY skipping 1-30 is such a bad idea.
    I'm just going to give you some advice: You want alts? Invest the time and get it over with. Overcome the lazyness or stay with your main/current 30-toons.
    • Like x 1
  5. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

OR...or i could play the game my way and you could play the game your way since my way in no way affects your experience.

Also you cant "invest time telling me why" because there is no good reason why. There is no reason why a player shouldnt be allowed to choose this option (emphasis on option). If a player knows the game well then they certainly dont need the experience or the story and collectibles will always be there for them to go back to. SO i really cannot see your reasoning
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

If being able to skip 1-30 is what you would want, then it would affect your OWN experience towards that alt. How many skillpoints come from the entire 1-30 experience? Many. You NEED skillpoints in the beginning to set points in your weapontree of the weapon of your chosing. You NEED those 15 powerpoints to set up a proper power-loadout for your toon. You GET those points by doing the 1-30. Are you telling me you should get all of this for free, because you have done it once before on another char? I've proven you wrong, case closed.
  7. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Leveling up give you points so skipping to 30 would give you those points. 15 in Power, 15 in skill just like if you slogged through the oldest part of the game. All the extra skillpoints come from Feats which can be obtained at any time by going back so you still have no point
  8. Dezaras Loyal Player

If the ship, or anything else can be skipped then I think the skill/power points and armour/weapons should be skipped as well. If people don't wanna run content then they shouldn't get the rewards associated with said content.

Skip Braniac ship: start from the safehouse at level 1, no armour, no skill points, no power points.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zneeak Devoted Player

My point is probably clear to everyone but you, Mr "let me skip and get everything without having to work for it". You get those 15 points each by LEVELING UP, you should in no way be able to just skip and get handed those points! Put in the work for your alts if you want to have alts, stop expecting that you should be able to have everything without doing it again, just because you have done it once....
    • Like x 1
  10. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Rather than game developers going in and customizing the entire game to satisfy people by allowing them to skip 10 min of content.
    Remember that everyone already has an option for whether they experience Brainiacs ship or not.
    It's the conscious decision we make to create a new character.
    New characters run through Brainics ship.
    New characters run through level 1-30 content.
    If a player doesnt want to experience this, then they can choose not to create that new character.
    The option exists.
  11. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

1-30 content NEVER changes, it WILL never change. It is the same story we have done 200 times. It is only once you have reached 30 that you begin the part of the game that the devs actually work on. It isnt "work" going through the old stuff, it is tedium. For the 1st playthrough the 1-30 teaches the new player how to use their powers as they progress as well as different tactics for boss fights, after you have done it then it no longer matters. It is no longer fun, challenging, or relevant. It...is...Boooooring which is the greatest sin a Video Game can commit. So yes i want the OPTION to skip it and if you have a problem with that then i want to know what dictatorship you are running and who gave you the power to judge the actions of others that (for the 100th time) Do...Not...Affect...You!
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

I usually find ignorance amusing, but your ignorance towards this topic is just plain toxic. A piece of advice, try viewing stuff less selfishly. I'm done here, your point have already been made, that is "give me all for free with no effort put in, because i have done this once before".
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Your character only gets to go through this o.nce in their entire lifetime, and you want to skip it. Heck, I wish they gave us missions to assault brainiac ships.
    • Like x 1
  14. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

You are saying that others cannot do something because you dont want them to even though it doesnt affect you...and im selfish...okay kiddo i see what level you are on
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

Desperately calling me "kiddo" because i'm the only one with a valid point out of you and me, says more about you than me. NOW I'm done!
  16. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Apparently not since your point has no basis. You have YET to "explain" how your point overwrites mine. Why can players who have already completed the "learning stage" of the game not skip it when they start a new toon? I really wanna know what your supposed point is....
  17. BmcD73 New Player

Just so I have this straight, you don't want an option to skip since it's easy BUT it's ok that it's easy to get difficult feats? Got it...just checking...

Seriously though, I sometimes create 3 or 4 characters in a row because I'm not sure how a certain power will look or weapon, etc. Many times I'll be on the fence and get an idea and want to log so I can make another character to get the "perfect" look and feel. Then I have to start the old toon from the beginning of the tutorial...again. Either that or play through the entire thing until the end. It is very time consuming. I just started playing this with my 10 year old and he is always deleting and recreating to get that perfect look and feel. So we run through the tutorial TONS of times and it just gets annoying.

Why not have a feature to allow players to skip? All of you that want an easy way to get those difficult feats can still do it and the rest of us that just want to get on with the game can just skip it? Seems like a win/win.
    • Like x 1
  18. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

remember the character you will become...
    [IMG] [IMG]
  19. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Now that's a great idea. A mission to go save a new exobyte infused hero from one of Brainiac's ships maybe? Repay the favour so to speak.
    • Like x 1
  20. Will Power Loyal Player

Keep the likes coming and maybe the intro Brainiac ship will get an upgrade again.