Best dps powers atm

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Mr Gooby, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Mr Gooby New Player

Hello I'am a returning player. I have +80cr characters on both servers and I mainly play dps role. The question is what is a good dps power at the moment of the game and what isn't ? My Us character is gadget dps and it still seems ok i guess and on Eu side i have nature dps which i don't like at all.

tl;dr To what power should i switch to

( sorry for bad english :p )
    • Like x 1
  2. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

There are a few powers that are competitive.

Earth, Sorcery, Ice, Fire, Mental, Munitions, Gadgets, Nature, Quantum and Celestial.

Powers that are a bit behind: Light, Rage, and Electric.

Out of the powers above I recommend picking one you want to play regardless of the damage out you do. Also, if you do use UTube for a loadout, that is the starting point. Go to a sparring target and play around and find a loadout and rotation that will work for you. Using what is online is a horrible way to become a solid DPS in this game.
    • Like x 2
  3. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

[IMG]

The first two "Live Test" graphs here show a lot of what's going on right now: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ive-scaling-and-midrange.259325/#post-3396106

The most important thing to know is that Ice and Fire can usually hit those big Melee numbers while staying just outside of enemy melee range. People have named this "mid range". While standing that spot they really do 31K+ DPS in current raids. Gadgets is OK too, just a little behind at closer to 27.5K. If you like that power, I wouldn't bother changing.

But you can't safely pull off the melee attacks for Nature, Rage, and some of the other powers. With Nature things like wolf and dog form are great damage until the bosses smash you. That's why you're seeing closer to the ranged numbers instead, so more like 20.7K DPS.

There's a second part that matters sometimes: how fast you can get to maximum damage. Again Ice is really fast, while Nature takes longer. This part is why Sorcery and Earth do a bit better than you might expect from the charts. The pets hit really hard when they first get to enemies and they have a full power bar.
  4. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Ice
    Earth
    Fire
    ______
    Gadgets
    Munitions
    Mental

Everything else that's DoT or Prec based...
    • Like x 1
  5. The Game Well-Known Player

ice and gadgets are the best atm. Sorry but whenever I get out dpsed its usually by an ice dps.
  6. Madzstar New Player

What happened to quantum, it used to be a great dps power
  7. zCaution Well-Known Player

Earth is basically "prec based" if you max potential
    • Like x 1
  8. Delta795 New Player

My usual response:

Me, myself or my alts
    • Like x 3
  9. zCaution Well-Known Player

Mental is better then both of those and earth is better then mental lol
    • Like x 2
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

It is basically the same. Many other powers just caught up.
  11. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I always feel sad when I see a thread like this. It screams I don't play support because the question is does and says what is the fotm.
    • Like x 4
  12. The Game Well-Known Player

Mental is definitely not better lol.
    • Like x 1
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

earth by a large margin its doing double ice 's damage and even more vs other powers and i wish they would stop with this fotm bs and just balance the dam powers already
    • Like x 1
  14. Saybro Committed Player

That's a negative ghost rider. I'd say those two powers are neck and neck. I dunno where I'd put mental. Its not that far off though.
  15. zCaution Well-Known Player

Mental without the SC isn't keeping up with Ice or earth lol
    • Like x 1
  16. zCaution Well-Known Player

Well obviously situ the SC gone but before that, yes it was
    • Like x 1
  17. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Not any more. One thing I noticed after update 51 was that crystal damage on adds was not splitting correctly, it is now.

Earth and sorcery are both inline. Ice and mental are top powers ATM. IMO.
  18. The Game Well-Known Player

mental is good but I have yet to see any other power besides ice beat gadgets. The only one that has come close was sorcery since fury hits hard
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I've beat gadgets as sorcery ;)

the guy had 222sp and I only have 182 at the time and it was in DC elite I did 1mil more dmg then him.
  20. Saybro Committed Player

There are also top and bottom players within these powers as well. It is just as much the player behind the power as it is the power itself.
    • Like x 4