Batman Cowl for 75th year celebration instead of 50 freakin legends batmen

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Toshknight, Aug 5, 2014.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

I don't think the mask has a nose piece. I have worn the mask for about 5 months and it doesn't have a nose piece. Can you explain how the mask you have seen has a nose?
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I’m to the point now where I say just give the people who want a mask, a mask.

Hell, they could retroactively throw it in as a prize for saving Batman in Gotham: Under Siege, since there is NO reason to help Batman beyond (pun not intended) getting the feat.

That said, give them something and make sure it’s ALWAYS available so we don’t have to see anymore threads like these EVER again!!!
    • Like x 3
  3. NCR RANGER New Player

The Only thing they need to do is put the New 52 style in the lock boxes along with Flash and Aquaman. GIVE US THE NEW 52 BATMAN STYLE ALREADY!
    • Like x 1
  4. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

I hope this happens but the DCUO powers-that-be have missed too many opportunities to give us more visual pleasing Batman styles, particularly his cowl.

From not having the alternate Batman’s be the basis for the T5 Iconic armors (still don’t understand why Aquaman was chosen) to introducing the New52 Batgirl style, I just don’t know if it’s going to happen, even with the celebration of Batman’s 75th anniversary.

Again, I hope I’m wrong and now that Batman’s 75th has officially happened, I just hope we hear something back soon on what these other perks we’re supposed to receive.
    • Like x 1
  5. RapidRay Committed Player

Again, the Batman Inspired Mask was exclusive, not for the Hack, but for Update 3's misgivings. That confusion continues again.

Spytle has definitively said that it would not be put into the game again and would remain exclusive.
    • Like x 1
  6. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I'd love to see them add a Batman 75th Anniversary Cowl to the game. But not one you can wear. Rather a base item of Batman's cowl inside a glass display cabinet.
    • Like x 2
  7. NCR RANGER New Player

So now what do you think the Batman Fans should get for 3 years of Batman misgivings? And don't you even think of being smart and saying "legends skins lol."
    • Like x 1
  8. NCR RANGER New Player

I said It before and I'll say it again (multiple times) WE Should have been Batman's and Luthor's Council. That should Have Been OUR armor.

The game never even took us to those 8 alternate timelines so It shouldn't even been an issue. The powers that be (not the devs) simply must detest the Batman fans in the game, otherwise we would have already had 4 new Batman style sets. Ones that are slim like the Lantern and Amazon ones.

I mean Holy crap THERE'S 8 AMAZON ARMOR SETS IN THE GAME! 5 Lantern Sets, 6 Superman Sets (Yes all of T3 is Superman themed and so is Steel)

Flash Aquaman and Batman only have one set each, and no lock box styles.

I also call BS on the whole emblem thing only for the Fact that there are

[IMG]

And that's not including the New 52 or super unique to the game Future Batman emblem.

If you're not going to give us the emblems, at least design 4 or 5 new chest pieces with completely new takes on the emblem. (kind of dumb considering how many of those kryptonian S's are flying around.)
    • Like x 2
  9. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

First, I don’t think the DCUO powers-that-be “detest” the DCUO’s Bat-fans.

That said, I do think the choice of Aquaman/Black Manta plus Booster Gold for the T5 armors was simply an overreaction from the growing sentiment of that time that wanted more “iconic” armors.

When looking at T5 in its whole, we received armors inspired by Aquaman, Black Manta, Booster Gold, Raven, Brother Blood, as well as Green, Yellow and Red Lanterns; which was a much more diverse group than ANY of the previous tiers.

Side notes: While there has only been one armor directly based on Batman, the Bat-Family and their rogues have had numerous complete styles inspired by them.
    • Batman [PVE], Robin [PVP], Huntress [PVP], Joker [PVE], Mister Freeze [PVE], and Harley Quinn [PVP] gives them a total of 6 iconic sets plus Batgirl’s New52 Lockbox style.
    In addition both Flash and Zoom have armors and Aquaman and Manta count towards his total count.

As far as the emblems go, that goes back to our original point that skipping out on making the council the T5 armors, took away 4 opportunities for interesting uses of the Bat-emblem.

In the end, I guess all we can hope for is that the DCUO powers-that-be can work in some interesting ways to create move diversity in the drops from the 2 remaining parts of each DLC trilogies.
  10. NCR RANGER New Player

Still Doesn't Change the Fact that there is only one Set of BATMAN armor and by that I mean Emblazoned with the logo compared to the 6 Superman ones. And since Wonder Woman's emblem isn't AS iconic, there's a total of like 9 amazonian armor sets.

You and I both know there's going to be no Batman armors in Fight of the Light or Amazon Fury. Maybe in Halls of Power 2 but even that's a reach.

I'm still super disappointed at the lack of even 1 75th aniversery style set instead of 3 legends skins on a character they nerfed the crap out of.
    • Like x 1
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

i have a guild mate and i swore her nose was covered the other day and looked yesterday and it wasnt on a male character... can you wear a face mask with it? or does that still not show up, owell i guess i was wrong
  12. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea i agree... i have the origional batman and future, and theya rent that different , i havent bought , the new one yet but dont plan on it for awhile
  13. xColdFront Committed Player

I agree we need new batman styles "based" on his armor. The current batman look alike head style robot batman etc. are all ugly.
    • Like x 1
  14. Toshknight Loyal Player

see the daring vigilante armor set... seems to be a mix of iconics... batgirls cape is distinctive very, but the mask, is kinda. wierd. its like adam west batman. catwoman. batgirl from the animated series. not our game... the batgirl from our game, has a totally face covered slimline batcowl. with a yellow wierd emblem. the barbra gordan batgirl is my favorite, but yea if they do come out with some sort of batman armor in the future. it would either be lantern inspired, or just new , who knows. with the new content they add
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

I agree with you. but if we get a new batman piece NOT INCLUDING GLOVES. thers lots incuding the Vault Acrobatics ones. ugly btw.

iF YOU HAD TO PICK a new batman cowl or chestpiece with emblem, what would u pick?
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

[IMG]see the vengance suit aka the batman/huntress one.. is actually kinda close to the inspired mask just doesnt have the covered eyes, if only we could put a face mask on under it... and the booster gold armor is cool , the manta armor helmet is very inconic. but yea. the vengeance pvp armor is Definetly a cross between batman and huntress not just huntress, and i am working on getting it, but we dont get crap for valor tokens 2 and 4 every match, no monthy rewards anymore or weekleys
  17. Ra7ie11 Well-Known Player

Well as much as i would love Batman Armour and a Cowl i only play PVP legends know because the game is not doing much for me, i would love Original/Pre-order Batman and i think new Batmen they are adding isn't that bad plus we still have 5 months left of the anniversary left a Cowl can pretty much appear but i totally agree with you not having Batman style armor with Origin Crisis was a very stupid idea, i'm glad at least they are adding Batmen to Legends PVP i recently ordered a collectors edition because my friend bought one of Ebay and got pre-order Batman i envy him but i hope i get him too so i'm happy for the new Batmen they are adding heck we might get Dark Knight Returns Batman one of my favorite ones apart from Batman Beyond and Animated series one which we will never see.Like i said 5 months are left until the end of the anniversary the cowl can still Happen if you seen the the videos on youtube where devs talked about Batman they said Future Batman will return we might get the Armor you desire and a cowl to only time will tell be patient
    I was and still am.
    • Like x 1
  18. NCR RANGER New Player

Sorry but that armor is 100% huntress 0% Batman. Thigh High Boots? 3 scalloped cape? uhhh no thanks.
    • Like x 1
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

From your logic... htere has been more then a dozen Superman based Super Family based armors/styles then.

5 Kryptonian Superman Suits.

5 Kryptonian Zod suits.

Lex Luthor. Metallo. Bizarro (the Bizarro top.... heck his cap too ;) ).

And I am sure I am forgetting to mention some.

Having 4 sets of Batman suits just as we got 4 T3 sets of Kryptonian suit would not be too much to ask for.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

If the devs would’ve stayed the course then we would’ve had armors representing the best of Kryptonian tech (Superman/Zod), Grecian magic (Amazons/Circe), and Human tech (Batman and Wayne Tech/Lex and LexCorp).

Plus 5 of the six mentors would’ve had their own tier’s worth of armor with The Joker not having his own making perfect sense.

Then as you went on you could throw out related armors with the various DLCs that would be more akin to how each wing and mentor had truly “Iconic” armors or even go back and have armors representing Atlantean tech, New Gods tech, Shazam/Egyptian magic, etc.