Armory Feedback - January 14, 2014

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Monsoon New Player

Erich said
    The numeric keypad. Use your base generator to set it up.
  2. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, someone brought that up earlier in the thread. Seems like it has to do with the health amount in each loadout. If you trigger an Armory with significantly less health, it's like you're taking damage. This would likely be most pronounced for something like switching from tank to DPS spec.
  3. Sore Steadfast Player

I was worried about that at first. I was most worried about the skill points, e.g. re-spending over 100 SP for every armory (16 times). I then realized that all my DPS specs will have the same skillpoint setup (whether PvE or PvP). All my Healer specs will have the same skillpoint setup too (whether PvE or PvP). As long as I can keep 2 builds current (1 DPS and 1 HEALER) in terms of skillpoints then it won't be too much trouble to let other armories lapse and catch back up because we're only talking about resetting power points, loadouts, styles, and gear. I probably won't use it all but Sore, as my main, is getting the Cadillac package regardless.
    • Like x 2
  4. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Yeah, I figure DPS, Heal, and Hybrid for Jeebie, I can't see needing much else. Sure I could get every diff combination of powers I might ever use... but why? lol

Is going to my base to swap the hotkeys to one of the other 12/16 loadouts going to be less of a hassle than just respeccing powers? doubt it.

So i'll probably buy an 8 pack or whatever and distribute them between my chars. A DPS and Role one on everyone would be nice.
  5. Kristyana New Player

Confirming this. It's ALWAYS been like this on test. There's about a three or four second delay between hitting the button for the change and the change actually happening. I always assumed this was intended.
    • Like x 3
  6. wulff420 New Player

hey guys how ya doin hey dcuo you guys are cool and i just wanted to say hi and talk a bit about my armory testing lastnight it was pretty fun and the armories are pretty neet i spent all day decorating a lair and getting the armories in a good spot and started messing with them i went an got a t1 pvp set and a pve set and set up the armories and costumes i ws hoping i woulda had rage light to try out when i made my toon i made him look like a rage light an came up with a concept about my true caracter being drafted an stuff whatever tho sooner or later ill get to respec an choose it an try it out but i did play with the armories and made mainly cosmetics with em but i also made pvp vs pve stes and started changing between them it was awesome i could keeep my gear in my warehouse and then activate and switch its great your able to switch on the fly by just toggling on num lock and your off i love it it all worked so far good in my tests i did good job guys

one thing i would like to say tho is that the response time on the animation and switch times and such is a little delayed i felt it could be a little quiker but its all good its amazing how it works right now good job as i stated lol
  7. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

For comparison, here's mine from last night (at about the same time as I posted).

I can't imagine that I have a better connection to the servers than you guys do, so not sure what that means the problem is. I certainly used to see delays like yours before the recent update.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I honestly see use at this point for a total of 3 armories per character. Since i don't or rarely PVP, I see my Armory setup for each character being:

Armory 1 - Role specific (healer, controller, tank). This I personally do not see changing much at all as i only use them in group content and with the exception of the tank, the builds are always ranged.

Armory 2 - DPS ranged build. This build is for group content where i am going in as a DPS in the higher CR content where being in melee is insta-death.

Armory 3 - DPS melee build. This build will be for solo/duo/some lower CR alert content.

About the only reason I see to buy more armories after the 3 per character is to add in a PVP build but as I said, I"m not much for PVP and then it's mostly Legends. For a Legends build, all I would need is 1 more armory that has me going in with no armor so I don't incur repair penalties.

my 2 cents worth
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I saw about the same 2 second delay you did in your video, assuming I interpreted the video correctly since I was using the Numpad.

Here is a list of the problems I currently see with armories. They are likely being released soon given they were removed from Test again an hour or so ago.

1. The delay in using them is 2-7 seconds. I am not sure if that depends on connection speeds or system speeds.
      Not game breaking, but should be investigated and improved.
    2. Some of the cooldown animations reset after teleporting, but the cooldowns themselves are not affected.
      Again, not game breaking, but needs to be fixed eventually.
    3. Some armories cannot be imprinted due to an error. This appears to be due to using a stack of armories instead of one at a time as mentioned in the old thread for testing armories.
      I am concerned with this bug. This could potentially mean something we pay for does not work when we try to use it. Any responses from the developers or Mepps on this would be greatly appreciated.
    4. Two armories can sometimes end up with the same imprint if used near each other. Not sure if this is user error or a bug in the system, but it should be investigated to determine which. I was unable to reproduce this myself, but I did see someone complain of it while I was on the Test Server within the Server chat channel.
    5. The Skill Point limitations where players need to update each armory when they get a new Skill Point.
      This is an annoyance to some, but it should not hinder the release of armories. I do think more thought needs to be put into this to alleviate concerns for players buying multiple armories for one character.

3. and 4 are the only bugs that I feel need to be addressed before armories go live. I would hate to see posts on the forums regarding purchased armories not working as intended or at all. If we pay money for this convenience, I think it is important that the item work properly all the time.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

3/4 - We believe this is only affecting PC Test characters with older versions of Armories (not new with the latest build). If anyone can still reproduce either, we would appreciate exact steps.
    • Like x 1
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Thank you for responding both here and in the Server Downtime thread. I'm glad that it is most likely just the Test Server and the old versions of the armories. I'm looking forward to purchasing enough for a couple of my characters tomorrow evening.

Mepps, thank you for all your hard work communicating with us through the armory final development. Also, a huge thank you to the development team for all the effort they put into armories, bugfixes, and new content. I don't express my gratitude enough, so I want you all to know how much I (and other members of the forums) appreciate all you do.
    • Like x 1
  12. Asta New Player

True. I get your point. But again. It's obtainable, so i doubt they should hand out free respec station. Because it already there in the game for people to grab. Just the matter of you want to work for it or not.
    Or maybe it's just me. So don't mind my opinion on this. :)
  13. Kid Kaos New Player

This happened in my League with Armories.
    A Legendary sub created a shield hero around the time of the Last laugh DLC launched. as of the past few months he had to go Premium. The Armory either won't imprint or won't Activate because his character Has Shields as his weapon but he never bought the DLC.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

They're fixing that. It has to be your primary weapon, though.
  15. Twincam Well-Known Player

Just activated my dps from within the vault and it attached a timer combat timer even though i was out of combat. Might be worth checking out?
    • Like x 1
  16. Sore Steadfast Player

When your build no longer has an item in a specific slot, e.g. chest piece or soda, activating that armory shouldn't empty that slot out. It should leave whatever is already in that slot there. Trying to use an armory while leveling up is completely futile. You get/sell gear way too fast. Even in end-game, re-imprinting because you used a stack of sodas is a pain!
    • Like x 2
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a warning when attempting to salvage gear imrpinted to an armory? I only get warnings if I salvage items that are modded with exobyte based mods. I do not get warnings when salvaging imprinted gear as a whole.

There seems to be confusion within the forums about whether warnings exist for salvage of items that have been imprinted to our armories.
  18. Remander Steadfast Player

Loving my Armories, but was wondering if anyone else is noticing that the transformation seems to precede the smoke bomb. Just a cosmetic annoyance, but thought I'd mention it. SIAP.
  19. BigAl Devoted Player

Wait, your armories are working for you? I can't interact or do anything armory related on test right now.
  20. Remander Steadfast Player

Sorry, no, lol! It was just Armory feedback in general. I haven't even gotten on test yet today.