An Unstable Guide to Atomic

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Snix, Dec 6, 2015.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Really disappointed with the way atomic dps plays now. They put alot of emphasis on final inputs making everything feel much slower.
    • Like x 1
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yeah so far the best dps i have gotten was with the neutron bomb comboed with nuclear burst.. the rest of my load out is just the super charge generator ... i use the cheaper super charge... i use tce for melee cause its faster but i think atom splitter hits harder so i might change this...

Then for my activation i either use electron flare or atom powered assault... i like flare cause when im meleeing its just more ticks..but apa combined with that head mod gives an additional 2% crit strike... when you activate it..

Overall the dpsing doesnt seem much different then AM era just that you use more power and im doing ranged combos more cause my health isnt very high so i dont actually melee too much ...

I refuse to use robot side kick atomic kinda suffers from not having any good aoe dots... not that it needs it the burst is enough ...i just wish we had some for those moment when you need to do objectives
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

So far it seems like atom splitter has the highest dps of any of the combos despite being the slowest. Also before revamp we did much more damage only using one part of some combos. Like Roomba's and Snix's rotations on the first page. Now the first combo input does almost no damage compared to the initial cast and the final input, so it would seem that using full combos is the only way to go now.
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've noticed this also while tanking. My first combos are always small damage, but the second is very nice. Is it something with the way the aura/PI works now? I wouldn't like that dpsing. Your best damage is always waiting for the next combo.
  5. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nah it's not the aura. That's just how they designed the combos to work.
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Last last combo really should be the hardest hitting though in all fairness.. this just makes clipping not as effective for us is all
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yeah it's not a deal breaker for me. Just enjoyed the faster playstyle is all.
    • Like x 1
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Any advice you guys can give me about tanking the Minotaur in the af3 alert?...

And the two newer alerts ..

Ive done the af3 alert but i feel like people are annoyed with me at the minotaur so i think im not doing something right they keep saying chains when im tanking but not explaining...

And i havent even stepped into the newer alerts cause i dont wanna be completely noob at them..
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So after the minotaur gets 25 percent of his health burned he will charge. everyone wants to be standing by the chains in the for corners of the room so he breaks them. They will then reveal a room with 2 planks of wood being used as supports for a gate. Burn him again have him run into the planks so so he locks himself in the room
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Hes never not charged the chains when i was tanking him... are they worried that he wont??
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Yea. He targets a random person so they probably don't want to risk missing a chain if it targets you. But Something tells me it doesn't target the tank but that would be stupid if it did since you wouldn't be able to turn the boss.
    • Like x 2
  12. L T Devoted Player

For the Minotaur, tank him right in the middle. No need to be right in front of a chain-- it gets hard to see sometimes and he tends to target the person farthest from him to charge. The important parr of tanking that fight is to pick up the adds that spawn. Minotaur loves to lunge, so don't be afraid of the block button.

For war crimes most groups bring the soldier to the back by the conveyor belt where fewer adds can hit you unless going for a feat. Fate and Eclipso are so easy I've never bothered to tank them.

For saving justice a tank helps a lot in the first fight where you can occupy the shield soldiers so that others can turn on one of the generators. Ultra Humanite jumps around so much it's not worth tanking him. For the last fight tank the boss close to the entrance so the feats are easier.
    • Like x 2
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Thanks for the advice I'll try the other two alerts today
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

So what options have you all been using?

I have been using a bit of the new powers in between combos. Sometimes I use atom splitter exclusively as since it has the longest animation my power is regenerating at a healthy pace and then i cancel it with a low power move (that new super generator specifically).

So when I have no troll in and alert I basically do Atomsplitter -> damage aura for quark gluon aura -> super generator then do atom splitter again if off cooldown or else I do thermonuclear explosion making sure to cancel any combos with the damage aura when it is off cooldown as it has a nice burst. My main filler is the Super charge generator. Once the enemy is below 35 percent i through in the finisher and have that on cooldown. I need to play with it a bit to get the cooldowns to match up.
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

My load out is

Break out /long range pull /shield/proton remedy/atomsplitter/tce most the time if I know it will be a fight where I want to range tank I put in a range combo

I'm thinking about putting beta in my second combo slot tho cause I got the legs mod that beta heals me for a small amount

Any heal is a good heal so I'll probably use it
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think i was being confusing haha. I meant for Dpsing

Fo tanking I pretty much have atom splitter, density , proton remedy, unleash antimatter, atomic reorganization, and a filler move.
    • Like x 1
  17. L T Devoted Player

I've been DPSing hybrid style.

Unleash Antimatter - APA - Geiger Blast - Antimatter Bomb - Geiger Beam - Atomic Blast

Thinking I need to switch in a 200 cost ranged ability for Bomb, but it's working pretty well so far!
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nice! Haven't seen anyone trying hybrid yet. I messed with it a bit but just didn't feel right without an aoe dot.
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This power definitely lacks a good ape dot

I definitely preferred one applied directly to the targetrsther. Then a circle on the ground but at this point I'd take the circle
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Heyo fellas,

I just specced to Atomic since I got bored with rage. I've spent the last few hours googling for informations and reading several posts about atomic after the revamp on several platforms.

One thing I couldn't find is a detailed post about speccing as a tank. And with tank I mean not battle tanking in any matter. I mean speccing for maximum survivabiltiy Skill Points wise.

Judging from what I've read in the tooltips I should generally value dominance first since it grants the bigger heals - is that right?
    QGA heals me for 2% health for each attack which is (without SP distributed) around 600 health (more or less, just generalizing).
    Atomic combos heal me for 40% of my dom which would equal to around 2000+ healing for every combo after the initial power.

What I couldn't find is how do Crit Heals and Crit Heal Magnitude affect my heals - or do they even affect them at all? "2/40%" sound like pretty static values...

Aside from Tanking I got the impression that the combination of all tactical mods that value power are making dps'ing alot smother when you're running with only one controller.
    I replaced the blast adapter with the Replenishing adapter V. The dps loss is marginal and the power back is percantage based so it's good with a high power pool.
    I replaced the dps-chest mod with power efficiency, reducing all power costs by 5%.
    Finally I've modded my head with Energized Atom Splitter for the additional power back.

All in all I feel like I can maintain my rotation longer without ever running really dry. Running with two controllers might even make it possible to return to just using one instead of two combos for some powers. What do you think?