Additional Op piece purchasable for alternate role

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MuscledGamers, May 8, 2024.

1. MuscledGamers New Player

Has it ever been considered to create a purchasable OP piece once you fully leveled it up. Im pretty active in both my roles and having to switch mods each instance gets annoying. Probably not as noticeable when its the legs...but when its the chest, head, etc. I dont think we should have to level up a second piece since its not really identified as one role type or the other on the op piece itself.
  2. Grim931 Committed Player

I would prefer they just add a white support socket to the gear. So you have one for damage and one for support. Active role determines which one is used.

Not sure if it's possible, but I think that would be beneficial for everyone.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you mean armory or LO...but yeah. Not in the gear itself.

Or make OP pieces that have 2 white mod spots....one for DPS one for 'role' Socket both and whichever one you are active in is the active effect, like my EOG circle turns from Orange to Green if I go from DPS to Healer/Tank.

Artis know when we switch roles...why can't gear?
    • Like x 2
  4. Grim931 Committed Player

As long as it functions, doesn't really matter where. I just meant two white sockets for the OP item we level up, but it could be an option in other gear as well. My only concern is it isn't always tied to the Armory. In some instances it would just be beneficial to have both options on your characters inventory. I have a DPS/Battle Support role on my damage side (Armory 1) and my other one is strictly support role focused (Armory 2). Kind of saves the need for a 3rd Armory this way (I have a ton of alts... trying to save where I can), but my battle role is more damage oriented because of it. It would be nice to have white sockets that could be flexible depending on the role we're in, exactly like the artifact effects like you mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok. The way you worded it I read it as putting a white socket spot in the gear...which we already have one. My mistake...but yeah, you'd think something would be possible.

In general I carry the ones I'd need, and have 2 or 3 unlocked and at the ready if I needed to swap in a rush. For most reg runs it's not all that critical. At least the fact we can add them without dragging and dropping them on the gear works now. If only we didn't also have to acknowledge that we can no longer trade the item (can't anyway) or that the gear is in an armory (....and?). But baby steps I guess.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Tactical Augments. I'm surprised that never became a thing.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I’m pretty sure when it came to the mod sockets the dev that was working on it LEFT and they never bothered looking at it again. That said every episode they have a new OP item so maybe part of that development could go to resorting those gear mods or just add 2 slots etc.
    • Like x 1
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think it was around the time they switched from the collection system to the catalyst/xp system that one of the devs (probably Batuba or Charon) explained the programming difficulty in doing something like that and that making everything available in the DLC vendor at a discount (once the feat is obtained) was the best system they could do to make it easier to get the OP item for alts and/or other role.
  9. Grim931 Committed Player

I'm not sure how much I can believe that, given how many other things that we've received that were "impossible" to implement. Wolf Pack artifacts being the big one. It was always impossible every time anyone brought up making artifacts account bound... until they found a way to make money off of it. What a coincidence.

Either way, there are multiple ways to achieve the same effect. And all I'm asking for is to streamline the system. It would be awesome if the mods weren't even tied to gear anymore, as it makes little sense to repeatedly open the capsules, pick a new mod, apply it to gear, and rinse and repeat every single time we get a new piece of equipment.

They could make it take on the same effect as a league hall buff, where you pay the cost and pick the buff in your base, and then it's applied to your character until it runs out. Let us pick one for damage, and one for support, and then make them active depending on current role.

It really shouldn't be that hard, and if it is... so what? That's their job. I can't comprehend why people always make up this lame *** excuse FOR THEM. It's like taking your car into a shop for a major fix. You don't sympathize with the mechanic over the amount of labor involved... you just want a working car, and you pay them to do their job. Would you be happy with a car that doesn't run, after paying the mechanic to fix the engine, while also telling other paying customers that his job is too hard and to just not bother asking?

They want to make money? Make a game that works and isn't a complete mess when it comes to these kind of items.
    • Like x 1
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

It can be done, but it’s the equivalent of taking in a 1990s wood-panel van and asking them to update it so you can remotely open the sliding door. Since you don’t see the cost or time, it doesn’t register…

Better to just buy a new used van that already has the upgrade.

It’s a quality of life upgrade that would be nice to have, but there’s been a workaround put in place to satisfy the request ‘somewhat.’ Give the rate of QoL improvements so far, I would adjust your expectations accordingly.
  11. Grim931 Committed Player

Considering "buying a new van" isn't an option, and they sure as **** aren't providing a new one any time soon, they better fix the **** door.

And what workaround exactly? As far as I'm aware, this system has remained unchanged with the white mod sockets since introduction. They got rid of the red/blue/yellow crafted sockets and did the exact same thing with them as I'm requesting with the white ones... they streamlined the system and removed the redundancy. This one isn't high on the list as far as necessities, but it would still be useful and less irritating to deal with constantly.

I'm not asking them to jump on it immediately and drop everything, either. Just something to work on improving, as it sucks currently...
    • Like x 1
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

Is it “broke” or is it annoying to change white mods?

Can you not switch mods? Nope, you can still do that…

Can you not play both roles? Yep you can do that

Do you NEED to switch mods to complete content? Nope.

Can you carry around a stack of unopened neck mods and pop them on the fly when you need to switch roles up? Yep. It takes 1 inventory slot, the same amount of inventory slots to carry an additional OP piece with a different mod slotted.

It’s annoying, but not game-breaking…aka the door on the van ain’t broke, but you want it to be functionally easier to use. No harm in asking, just put it on the list of QoL requests, but don’t hold your breathe over this being prioritized…
  13. Grim931 Committed Player

Did you even get to the end of the post, or are you just replying to argue and sound like you know what you're talking about? Thanks for the insight, but I already said it wasn't a major issue and didn't need to be solved immediately...

The only point I'm trying to make is it is an issue, and they are being paid to fix/maintain/update/improve the game based on customer feedback... make all of the excuses you want for them, but they still have a job to do. Saying it's too hard (when you're not even the one doing it... just making assumptions based on nothing) and giving them a free pass to let this **** go and do nothing, solves absolutely nothing.

They knew what they were getting into when they signed on and took the position. No need to come rushing to their aid every time someone suggests an improvement for something they're getting paid to do. Some of you guys act like they're held hostage behind a keyboard, being forced to work against their will... it's ridiculous.

The request isn't the unreasonable part in this scenario by the way, it's the fact another customer is actively trying to deter other customers from giving feedback. In the scenario you provided with the van... would you jump down that other customer's throat to tell them how much work/time/money that door would take? Would you tell them to buy a new van, claiming to know that the request just wouldn't work or that the mechanic couldn't handle the job? Would you sit at the front desk, waiting for anyone to come in with any sort of mildly difficult request and turn them away... just to "help out" the mechanic? Do you see how utterly ridiculous this is?

You aren't the person this is directed towards, but it's insane how many people pretend to know what they're talking about. There is absolutely no reason for anyone without a green name to shut down a request like this. Either agree or disagree, and move on. It's that simple.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Lol Karen is back and thinks he has a green name again. Unless he forgot that that account was let go... Oops!
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Got it, so we’re both in agreement that it’s a low priority QoL improvement suggestion. Rock on.
  16. Sollace Well-Known Player

Personally, I've already suggested that white mods should be able to be placed directly on the armoury, the armoury could have a sort of page like the augmentations page.
  17. BathroomPapi Active Player

Tale as old as time in the book of Daybreak. Someone was working on it and left.
    • Like x 2