PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. TheOracle Active Player

4th time crashing within 3 hrs. At least the hotfix is working, well done.
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

3. Rainnifer Committed Player

I crashed exiting the game, all I could do was chuckle.
  4. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

So far no gameplay crashes since the hotfix. I would have normally disconnected around 10x for the amount of time I was on.

I can still cause a crash by saving settings, making a change and save again. There has been an issue with settings for as long as the gameplay disconnects. Anytime I make a change & save it will freeze for a few seconds... it used to save instantly (pre-accessories, mid-Atlantis). The 2nd attempt in the same session, whether it's right away or much later will cause a crash 100% of the time.

Hope this helps.
  5. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

So far one DC for me after the hotfix was installed after about 1.5 hours in. I got a client crash window but the game was still running (?) and I was able to ALT+TAB back into the game from the crash window and accepted some of the daily missions and was able to zone before I was logged out of the game entirely. So not there yet but it looks like progress is being made as I would have DC'ed a few times more when comparing it to running before the hotfix was installed.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

i just got a white screen and couldn't alt-tab out and no error reporter. task manager reported the game as not responding.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is not to discount anyone's experience, and please continue report your experience with crashes, but I wanted to share some of our data. This most recent PC client hotfix reduced the number of these crashes per day by about 87%, and all crashes by about 74%.

It did take too long, and there is more to do always, but this client hotfix was significant in every way.
    • Like x 11
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Thanks for keeping us informed Mepps as always.

The numbers match with my experience, today I've been running for over 2 hours with no crashes and without me logging the client off at all. Hope the remaining 13% can be squashed as well :)
    • Like x 1
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Wow. That's not bad at all. My personal experience is that I haven't had any crashes at all since the hotfix, but I'm ready if one happens. I'm tentatively thinking about doing some On Duty stuff again. As a counter to that, I haven't been able to play for more than an hour at a stretch. Until I get a long play session in, I won't be totally comfortable.

Still, great job, Devs! Hunt down that bug spawn and finish this fight off!
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I haven’t crashed since the one crash I last stated, but did this hotfix fix the memory issue out of curiosity? I now see random quick screen freezes in gameplay, and somethings still don’t load right away, like flying up to my friends in wt war room, they are grey shadows or invisible for a bit (but somethings do load now, like the first lasers in DR, before I would crash because they wouldn’t load)
  11. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I did crash after about 10 minutes of my last post but I didn't get a crash window at all, it just killed the game entirely. Happy with the progress though, at least it's a lot more playable.
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

I switched from Ultra High to Atomically High just now. Once loaded into the Hall of Doom, the game crashed when the music started. This is what I got.

[IMG]
  13. Draconiano Committed Player

I just got my third crash on the SM (not all of them on the same day). I really feel bad when this happens, not for me but for my group, I feel like I wasted their time.
    • Like x 1
  14. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I finally got a long long play session in, and I have not crashed once. For me, at least, the regular constant crashes seem to have ended (knock on wood). Now I hope the devs can track down the remainder for the players who are still experiencing this.

Thank you for the hard work, devs!
    • Like x 2
  15. omar0040 New Player

I haven't crashed since the update but after maybe an hour or hour and a half the game gets really slow. I start out at my usual fps (roughly 150ish) to like 30 -20 fps. I usually keep my task manager on my second screen and the system memory never stays at a certain level, just keeps rising. I honestly don't know if that's an issue anyone's been having too since the hotfixor if it's just me.
  16. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I’ve been starting to play again in full screen and I’d like to report I still see a 5-10 screen freeze at the end of the JLD duo cutscene with Shazam (right before we fight him)

Other than that, I’m still seeing a loading problem, it’s gotten better but it’s not like where it was before all of this. That and a few random short lag spikes
  17. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Initially I thought that most issues were sorted but today has been a nightmare so far. Crashed 4 times within 4 hours and most of the time whilst at the end boss of a raid :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Freeman Active Player

I've been having issues for the past 4 weeks or so. My game will play fine for a little while (5 minutes +/-) and then freeze up for about 20 seconds and then repeat the same pattern. I spend more time moving around at normal speed than I do freezing but it is guaranteed to happen given enough time and all too often it happens when I'm in the middle of a run with other players who are probably wondering why I'm not doing anything.

Is this related to ongoing issues on the PC side of things?

Pretty sure my hardware exceeds recommended requirements. All video and sound drivers are up to date. Ran Razer Cortex to clean up unwanted processes etc. Still freezes.

Memory: 16 GB
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4610M CPU @ 3.00GHz[Cores 2] [Logical/Core 2]
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Video: AMD Radeon HD 8790M

I've run Task Manager on my second monitor to see what's happening during the freezing and nothing on the hardware side of things is being used to the max. The video card gets the most usage but it's never 100%.

TIA
    • Like x 1
  19. Draconiano Committed Player

Today I was doing SM (again), luckily I was just starting a round after the checkpoint, someone joined the custom voice chat and instantly I crashed.
    I always have problems when I'm using the voice chat, sometimes I get a crash report but I can still play but my VC stops working, it won't work again until I relog.
    • Like x 1
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

i'm still crashing randomly when switching voice channels as well.