A Corrupted Guide to Celestial- Post-Stats Revamp

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ran elite tonight and that's really where celestial shines the most. I had no iconic powers on my loaodut and my single target damage was still higher then a earth dps in owlmans face spamming jackhammer. We'll be absolutely fine without HV.

The earth dps did pull ahead some on adds, but that's due to their melee AoE being stronger then anything celestial has. If they make AcB/BcA melee ranged again, we'll be fine there as well.

I can honestly see a hike in the cele population when electric gets nerfed.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tilz Loyal Player

04:16.. just home..happy new year to my fav community :)

being back on the status "celestial beast" in both roles :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Happy New Year!!!! :p
    • Like x 1
  4. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I'd be surprised if there's a lot of people that switch to Celestial right away. It's been competent enough to keep up with Electric in any content besides Zoo Elite for some time now (and Zoo reg if the Electric user was good), and I believe it's by far the most versatile heal power. People just don't seem very fond of combo powers. I expect more Sorcery, and if it isn't flavorful enough, they'll just go to tank powers.
  5. E Clip Dedicated Player

Yeah they'll switch to Sorc most likely, it's slightly more potent than Cele on single target and decent on multi target.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What's your single target loadout? Celestial can do 12k on single unbuffed, not sure about sorcery though, haven't messed with it since revamp was on test
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

I do DLcP, Male, BcM, RcW, PcDL btw. As a nice range ST loadout. I'm only at 20k might and do 9-10k on ST unbuffed
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's actually almost the same one I use, except I have robot sidekick or cursed idol in the last slot. I did some testing and replacing RcW with CScWoTP yeilds more damage and can hit the 12k mark, but of course you have to be mid-range and prepare for a lot more power consumption.

That's with around 22k might after artifact buff
  9. Tilz Loyal Player

Ye, for midrange rcw ismt the best ofc. My sc is nvb currently
  10. E Clip Dedicated Player

That's what I get as well with 20.5k base might. Rotation is DLcP - HV - PcDL - RcW - HV. If I feel comfortable staying close, I replace RcW for CScWotP. I tried rotations with M/BcM, but I land at around 10.5k-ish with that rotation.
  11. Castrato Well-Known Player

Now is that with a 10, 30, or after combat parse for that 12k?
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's 30, it doesn't happen often though but it can hit 12k. Usually averages around 11 or so.
  13. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Can you heal and do decent damage? Making a new toon. I want to be in healer role.
  14. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I’m guessing you’re referring to what’s known as battle healing? Or do you mean running as healer in group content and still doing good damage when solo?

If it’s the latter, yes. That’s pretty much how I play so far, staying in my healer gear full-time, though for solo content you’ll want to switch out of the healer role (powers work differently depending on which role is active - damage is reduced somewhat in healer role for several of the powers, among other differences)
    • Like x 1
  15. Tilz Loyal Player

I think fatal made a video about battlehealing. It's hard to do and the damage cap for healers is annoying af.

If you're referring to just collecting one sort of gear and do solomissions. Just change role and do damage. It works fine for solos and kinda solid for duos.
    I mean.. you spend most sp into mIght&power. Changing role to dps for solos should be fine with 1 spec then :)
    • Like x 1
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Which artifacts are recommended for healer role?
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

I use the healer one and the power/sc one, but its not 80 for me.
  18. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

The healer artifact is still the best choice.
  19. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Hey guys,
    I haven't been around for the last month or so. I hope you're all doing well and enjoyed your holidays! I quit over a month ago, but I'm still keeping tabs to see if changes that pushed me out get made. Everyone has a limit and I found mine. The game has become to focused around micro-transactions for me to feel good about playing anymore.

I have tried to maintain checking in to keep up the guide, but generally there aren't many healer questions. It also makes me very sad to log in and see the things they are doing that I simply don't approve of. I'm stepping out of the guide for now. You all are in more than capable hands with Fatal. He won't lead the healing community wrong, and he knows I'm just a text/phone call away if it's something he needs help with! Hopefully one day they will make changes that make me feel good about playing again. I'll pop in from time to time just to say heyyyyy because I love you all to pieces! The Celestial Community will always be my favorite people in this game and my family!

Feel free to send pm's and I'll most definitely see them and respond when I pop in! Best wishes to you all! Also feel free to abuse Fatal in my absence, he might miss it :p

Love you all!
    Charm
    • Like x 2
  20. Tilz Loyal Player

Sad to see you going :( i was at the same point 1 year ago. So I have hope you will be back :)

I am also kinda here to help with some healing to some extend.

Best wishes:)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.