Parademon inspired gear - HoP1 teaser!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FESTER665, May 28, 2014.

1. Alpha Well-Known Player

That armors uglier than sin. Ill get the style for feat but never rock it.
  2. helvetica New Player

This is what we can work out (pure logical speculation):
    1. Well we know that you've got no immediate plans for new powers. That covers at least the next 6 months (or 2 DLCs) with no powersets.
    2. We also know that you guys are creatures of habit. SO, you'll probably stick to your role order and that means a controller set has to come before a healer set.
    3. And since we're almost sure that WotL2 will add [Blue] Lantern healers that tells us you have to release at least one (controller) DLC before the next WotL DLC.
    4. That means we're at at least 9months before we'll see the next controller set and 12months before we'll see WotL2.
    5. And since you didn't confirm that WotL would be DLC12, this means this is a pretty good break down so far. The last sentence was probably what you were correcting but the beginning paragraph about the timeline and plan was probably good reasoning ;).
    And for the record... I just said discontinue new powers. I don't think you guys will drop the PS3 entirely. I think you'll probably just start announcing features that will "only be available on PS4 and PC". So, missions would be playable on PS3 but new powers would only be for next gen platforms. ;) That's what I'm betting you'll end up doing. And yeah, we know something has to give eventually. :p
    And this is all fun speculation. Can't wait to see how it all turns out :D
    • Like x 2
  3. ToxicAngelDE Dedicated Player

I'm with you here.
    Not every country has a comic industry like the Unitrd States.
    Germany, for example, is "super hero third world".
    Didn't know these folks (i think I rember big bear from some books).
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I think Halls of Power will have the next troller power and maybe maybe a few surprises .

1. I think they'll add a new iconic power called Boom Tube it will be like quantum tunnelling .

2. Maybe a new movement style the flying disk I don't think it will be a new movement mode wiith new abilities .

3. Maybe a new base item a teleporting system called a Boom Tube or a portable all in one mailbox, bank, auction house, R&D, vendor trinket called a Mother Box.

4. Finally a way to upgrade weapons and gear using trash drops to add effects to weapons and gear sorta like the Home Turf mods but maybe they could add power attacks to your weapons that can be used for powers interaction to increase might damage.
  5. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

Thatd all make sense if Spytle hadnt already replied to you and stated that the Trilogies will in fact be released back to back when you made the assumption that there might be a DLC in between them. He also said nothing about the DLCs being mixed-and-matched which would be weird and confusing anyway.

The plan for DLCs if they can stick to their "4 DLCs per annum" plan is as follows:
    2014- WoTL Part 1, AF Part 1, HoP Part 1, WoTL Part 2
    2015- AF Part 2, HoP Part 2, WoTL Part 3, AF Part 3
    2016- HoP Part 3, New Trilogies Begin

This ofc is subject to change as obviously some DLCs may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Can't wait until Halls of Power DLC! I have high hopes for it.

I hope we have more iconic rare styles, like Kryptonian Crystal hands or Digital Invasion gear - that sort of thing. Maybe Darkseid helm or Metron chest or Orion helm or something.

I also hope we have new zones - Heroes can go to New Genesis for missions and villains go to Apokolips for missions.

I doubt we'll see new powers - maybe in Part 2 we'll get a heal power? (DLC1-3 had powers in order Controller, Healer, Tank, as did DLC7-9 - DLC13-15?) - though it would make more sense to get a heal power from one of the other trilogies.

I hope the gear is much more rewarding too, especially from raids. And the raids need to be epicly hard, like OC when it first came out hard. Everything else is too easy atm. Vendor gear would need to be marginally better than AF1, so 93 item level. The easier raid could also drop 93 item level gear along with some iconic (but very rare gear) and a better chance at VI exp plans. The harder raid could drop 95 gear or something. Obviously all feat styles would be purchasable from style vendor. And challenging feats also.

New PVP arenas would also work here. Especially with league halls.

And also, cutscenes - that would be awesome. After you've beat a raid you get a nice cutscene.
  7. Sodam Yat Dedicated Player

I agree with you with regards to having iconic gear in the DLC but I can't agree with 2 things:
    1) why on earth would you want these awesome iconic gear pieces to be "very rare"?? If thats the case you could get your wish, they include all those items in the DLC, and then theres a HUGE chance you yourself would NEVER get them.
    2) you want the loot system to revert back to Nexus/Paradox?? No, sry but just no. Say what you want about AF1s length or content but it absolutely PERFECTED the loot system (apart from FE6 drop rates). Vendor gear being the best, drop gear being the inbetween gear, perfect.
    • Like x 3
  8. Archangel Rafael New Player

Yeah ... I don't really think so. I mean I don't know how much we need to see the Forever People, but I also think that DCUO is ill-served if all we get is the 3-4 "main" characters.

"people don't know who they are" is exactly the reason to include many less known NewGods. Discovering new characters is fun and interesting. I think it adds a lot of longevity to players being interested vs. bored.

It's a 3-part DLC. If I was doing it, I'd start with lesser knowns like Kanto, Dr. Bedlam, Steppenwolf, Lightray, Fastbak etc. And then go 2nd tier in the 2nd part with like the Fem Furies, Barda, level-familiarity, then close it with Darkseid, Orion, MM in the finale.

The NewGods is all about a vast variety of characters. If it's 3 episodes of Darkseid & Granny it lacks the feel of the NewGods and gets boring faster.

The big strength of the NewGods is the host of "way out" interesting characters. Why would you not take advantage of that? So far, DCUO has had some guts in the characters that have been included. I hope we're not going to go directly to the well of "these are the 3 characters form NewGods that everyone has heard of" cause that will get used up in terms of "interesting" really fast. 3 episodes to go here. If we get a real mainstream and commercial take on TheNewGods, it's gonna get stale really fast.

Don't think anyone wants to see this again:
    [IMG]
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Inorder for them to add another powerset they would have to either split PS4 and PS3 servers or combine PS4 and PC. Because you cant add new powers if the ps3 cant take them. Or they might now add new powers until the part3 of the trilogies to give them more time to decide what they MUST do inorder for the game to further develop. However if you are right and they do go with blue lanterns in WotL2 then man oh man its going to be funny to see how the PS3 crowd will act when the rendering issues hit the fan.
    • Like x 1
  10. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I have always said that this is a New Gods trilogy. I followed that up with a specific mention of Darkseid, because fans would want to know if he would appear in one of them. There is an "s" at the end of New Gods...I think you can count on us doing a bunch of them.

That being said, we can not by any means do them all, not even really half of them to be honest, there are just too many. The reason we do the trilogy format is for these reasons. Once we are done, we have a good set of characters from the franchise to add on to, and more can make appearances in subsequent DLCs. It took us 5 years to get all the launch characters into the game, which is something to keep in mind when setting expectations for new additions to the game.
    • Like x 6
  11. Owl Devoted Player

Can we get Atomic powers please?
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Yay Spytle's back! Is there any way you can tell us even a rough time frame of when we will find out what the player addition in the DLC is? There are of course the Disc rumours that go back almost a year now...
  13. Spytle Executive Creative Director

We just prioritized our list of powers a few weeks ago. Nothing I can share right now, but we are working on some improvements that will hopefully free up more resources for new powers on each platform. In the meantime, we are trying to focus on things that we can do within the PS3's existing budget. But, don't think that means it won't be awesome. The one we are about to put on deck should blow up the forums with excitement when it is announced.
    • Like x 17
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The much requested Water...confirmed? In AF Part 2?

*Taken from the AF Part 1 announcement thread*

Yes, yes I know he was probably talking about Tartarus. I just like to speculate wildly.
    • Like x 3
  15. Archangel Rafael New Player

That sounds good to me. There are over 50 named, identifiable NewGods there's no way you guys could model them all. Even 1/2 that number would be an epic feat.

Just hearing you call this a "NewGods" trilogy vs. a "Darkseid" trilogy is a very good sign to me.

"Doing a bunch of them" is great. That's all we need. It doesn't have to be the Forever People, there's no specific "needs to have Kanto" or "needs to have Lightray". No particular supporting cast NewGods are crucially important to me. The crucially important thing is to have "a bunch of them" rather than just the 3-5 that everybody has heard of being over used. It's all those bit-player minion types that each have some interesting story behind that that will make this thing smell fresh and have lots of replay value for comic fans.

Keep up the great work! Other than OC, and a couple tiny exceptions(Penguin) I have loved all the DLC's artwork in DCUO going back to FFtL. The art is the #1 factor that keeps me coming back (action combat #2). WotL and AF have been great successes art-wise.

NewGods is an amazing addition to DCUO. Im almost surprised that an other-media adaptation had the guts to take them on since they are more complex while also lesser known characters. I commend DCUO for having some moxy in adding something that is sure to be a huge hit with comic fans but maybe is somewhat of a gamble for the rest. The NewGods are great characters I have high confidence that the risk here will pay off.
    • Like x 3
  16. Spytle Executive Creative Director

lol.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Are you trying to tell us the next power has something to do with apples?

EDIT: never mind the last letter on that thing looked like a E but it is a K.
    • Like x 1
  18. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Glad we are finally coming closer together on this. :)

The thing about the main characters are the DEEP relationships that they have. I mean, Kirby created some really amazing plot lines when he created the back-stories. Just take the father son swap/hostage taking as an example, how each was treated and raised on their foster planet, it is so cool it cannot be ignored.
    • Like x 3
  19. TrueOlympus New Player

Is this an official leak????
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Deep. Like the ocean. More Water evidence.
    • Like x 2