Summer Kick-Off Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 22, 2014.

1. Dr Cryoseism New Player

Does "kick-off sale" mean it's the first of many?

Also, how long is this stuff on sale for?
    • Like x 1
  2. Lunar Agent New Player

WHY COULDN"T THIS SALE BE ONE DAY LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. SkullGang Devoted Player

Due to how you guys announce the sales I've reframed myself from using the marketplace in general. Too often have I bought something only to find out there is a sale the next day. From now on i'm only buying from the marketplace when there is a sale.
    • Like x 3
  4. DREWPY New Player

I literally bought another armory just last night......Such as life I guess.

Hey mepps, how's about some kind of heads-up in the future?
    • Like x 3
  5. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Its all base stuff. No replays on sale? Respec tokens? R&D Radar scanners? anything….?
    I like how they try to always push armories and bases as for being on sale.
    Its like trying to sell a house to someone who already has a house. lol
    Its nice they are on sale but I think most of us already have all the bases and armories we need by now; and if you dont then you probably dont play the game enough to care about buying them.
    • Like x 2
  6. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

ok i'm just gonna say it .. i will not spend a cent on this junk until i see 50% if you guys settle for this then your doing just that settling .... i will not support the nickle&dime mentality give me my proper summer sale %50
    • Like x 2
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

i want more bases but even with the cool down being reduced to 10min i am still boycotting them. i bought one right away and found that i could warp to one and not the other. what? things happen and if you accidentally warp to the metro base but the armories are in the gotham base, lol have fun. yea it would be nice to have bases all over the maps but till we get no warp restrictions from base to base i will keep my money.
    since dcuo is rewarding legendary again with allowing the %10 to stack with the ongoing sale i will buy an 8 pac of armories. reluctantly because i am not sure if i will pony up the dollars to make all the alts strong due to modding of gear. currently i am sitting on a whopping ten exceptional recovery kits to go with my 70 peices of gear with mods that need removal. hummmmm that seems to be a bit off and no way am i speending real life money to fix in game flaws.
  8. Drakonicus New Player

Am i the only one who see the irony here ?
    • Like x 3
  9. Sifo Drogas New Player

I love how it says Armories save your styles...Skin color doesn't count though right. Buncha pasty *** armories, thats cool.
  10. RedeemerD New Player

To everyone who tried shutting people up for not liking the sale: "don't like it, don't buy it" - is not an argument, people come here to express their opinion, they are vocal about their priorities for spending money, and it's bloody good for SOE. If you can't form a proper argument, maybe it's your turn to shut up and think for a second.

On the point of the topic: SOE, please, start announcing the sale prior to them starting. Look at the thread, there are disappointed people, and the more people are disappointed and the more you look like money grabbing corporation, the less you get from them. I mean come on, even from the business perspective, if you announce early, yes you don't get those 3$ that someone spent the day before the sale, but more people can save up more money, and buy more expensive items, or in more quantities. Seriously, you do one step in the right direction (with All Access), and two steps back. Even "Miracle on the 34th street" has more clear of how to shape customers opinion and a business model that is turned towards the customer. Tell us about the sale beforehand, we will save more money. And bigger the sale and drop in prices, the more we will buy, the more people with limited budget will buy. Damn, 30% off? It's not a sealed deal, 50-75% is the one that appeals to people. Once again, with 30%, not 50% you get the few bucks from people with enough money, but with 50% and more you appeal to wider audience (and since there are so many F2P members, the audience is very big) that doesn't have that big of luxury in the budget department, but they can throw a few bucks once in a while. So with your current politics you are just cutting off your own possible income, and for the wares that are bloody digital, and you don't spend any money on their production since they were created. Stop being so greedy, you can make more with communities appeal.
    • Like x 4
  11. Ice Clown New Player

the only time i buy something at full price is DLCs.

nothing else in MP in my opinion is really worth fulll price. especially legends toons... 10$ is ridiculous lol
    • Like x 3
  12. Ice Clown New Player

agree, im not gonna buy from this sale and i suggest neither should the community.

if people buy alot of stuff during these types of 20-30% off sale and DCUO makes alot of money, then im pretty sure they'll keep doing these low discounts, and the 50% sale will be gone forever.
  13. Ice Clown New Player

i agree, im not gonna buy anything until i see a REAL SALE with 50% off on all products in the marketplace. i suggest every1 do that too,

but ofc if they make alot of money during these bad sales, then theyll continue doing these types of sales and 50% wont ever come back
    • Like x 2
  14. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

They save skin and hair, they just don't show it.
    Just imagine them as puppets, wairing your gear. They are not statues or your char.
  15. Redscreen5 New Player

Exactly my point marketplace items are overpriced. How can changing a power or even buying a legends character cost almost the amount of full subscription or a DLC ? It's absolute madness.
    • Like x 2
  16. WickedRhys Well-Known Player

lets hope that it is just a "kick off sale" and the 50% will be next
    • Like x 1
  17. Furious Wind Well-Known Player

Again this useless stuff.... give us REPLAY BADGEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS :D
    • Like x 1
  18. Mick Nugget New Player

Lol, this would be cool if the last time I bought armories I didn't get auto-gank glitched by the marketplace and charged double.

It's a shame this is the only reason I had to log back in to say something like this, but I think its important for SOE to know that when you rip off your own customers, those customers will make sure not to be so quick to participate in your promotions and will look at them very warily and take them with a big grain of salt.

SOE, I will continue to hold back from purchasing anything until you do right by me, I've done right by you by being a loyal subscriber and reliable impulse buyer but I will not be cheated out of my legendary benefits the way you cheated me, even if I would normally have given it freely. That few bucks you saved by gypping me out of my Legendary ten percent and converting my marketplace cash to "loyalty points" (so ironic) because of a marketplace glitch when trying to buy armories will cost you ten times that in the amount I hold back that I normally would have spent.

Or, you could demonstrate some level of integrity, but then again, most people and companies don't know or care about the meaning of the word.

Carry on.
  19. GJGBlackDragon Dedicated Player

In my opinion, this sale is not intended for everyone.

There are players that already got multiple lairs, lair themes and armories, and don't find anything buy on this sale (to many related items the sale).

I'll wait for the next sale where maybe the full recovery kits, the power tokens or the new amenities can go on sale (that's the kind of sale I put my money on).

See you around.
    • Like x 1
  20. chaoticRE Well-Known Player

I'm sorry, I'm a little late to this post but is this the only sale is going to happen this summer? No 50% or at the least replay sale ?
    • Like x 2